View Full Version : For the "Chicken Little" crowd:

GoSlash27
11-25-2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

Was it "over" when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no! :chuckle:

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Was it "over" when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no! :chuckle:

Is that a misprint or a misquote? Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? That's news to me.

GoSlash27
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I gather you've never seen "Animal House". God, I feel old... :(
/ Not 'Charlie Batch' old, but still...

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Have you ever seen "Animal House"?

No. I figured I was missing something.

GoSlash27
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Not your fault you didn't catch the reference. And clearly you were paying attention if you noticed it. :hug:

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
John Belushi was a pretty funny dude.

But I agree, this season is not over by a long shot. If fact, believe it or not fans, if the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs. We can still do this, especially if we can get some bodies from our MASH unit.

Here we go Steelers, Here we go! :tt03: :tt02: :tt03:

Craic
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Looking at the rest of this season realistically, I don't think we have the juice to make far in the playoffs if we get there. I would even be slightly surprised at this point if we do make it into the playoffs, though with Ben playing it's possible.

However, that isn't going to stop me from watching every game, or believing that it is possible. If this defense keeps improving, and we get our guys back on offense just in time for the playoffs, who knows where we might go. We're not a "good" team this year, but that doesn't mean we can't be a 'hot' team in December and January.

GoSlash27
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
True. And if this doesn't happen to be our year, then so be it. Unless you happen to believe in the Mayan prophesies, there's always next year. And we're a better team than most.

Craic
11-25-2012, 06:11 PM
True. And if this doesn't happen to be our year, then so be it. Unless you happen to believe in the Mayan prophesies, there's always next year. And we're a better team than most.

:buttkick: :chuckle:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mpYj6vF1ZnQ/TwRY24ENs1I/AAAAAAAABO0/VnxfTdVqSMk/s1600/Mayan-Calendar.jpg

Moose
11-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Ok, I hate getting to the 'sky is falling' part, because anything can happen on any given Sunday. Again, Oakland game (for one Sunday) comes to mind. But it's getting to the point where we, as fans, has to be realistic. I'm like you Preach, I will continue to watch every game, but I think the season is pretty well done. Maybe we ought to let Ben and all of those with some serious problems rest. I don't see us winning out, and right now I have a really bad feeling about next week against the ratbirds. And then I feel the bungholes will manhandle us. Cowboy's? You really think that will be a WIN ?? I personally think the front office is reaching for the stars also, that's why Burris was brought back....you really think they wanted him back on the team ? Come on, get serious. We are going to need 10 or 11 wins. We aren't going to win the division so the Wild Card is the only hope...and the bungholes schedule is easier and probably get the card spot. Let's face it...it's a reloading year. Let's play the young one's and see what they can do. Get rid of Lefty, Batch, Mendy, and maybe Wallace if he can't make catches or handle the ball, and some other concrete that's taking up spots. Get some good young players that want to play on a Super Bowl team. Brown's are a young team on an uprising. They lost a few games, but was never blown away....they were in all the games. Our game today should have NEVER been close, 8 turnovers....you fukkin kidding me ??? The RBs sitting on the bench getting yelled after the fumbles looked ridiculous. WHY in the hell would you have to sit PROFESSIONALS on the bench and yell at them ?? Bull shit. Something needs to be done with this team now......Ben sitting out shouldn't make that much of a difference for a professional team. I'm just rambling because I'm pissed and embarrassed of the teams performance. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll come to my senses. LOL Doubt it though.

zulater
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I think the real chicken little's aren't the ones disgusted with our recent play, but rather the ones who don't see us having any chance to make noise if Ben comes back. Really? What's wrong with the way the defense has played the last 6 games? I would say they're playing as well as any in the league since the Titans game was put in their rear view mirror. And admittedly the offense looked lousy against K.C. even before Ben's injury. But the weather sucked that night. And Ben did put up 10 points in the 2nd quarter. Had he played more than one series in the 2nd half I think it's reasonable to think we would have had better offensive output that night.

Anyway bottom line is if the last two games have proved anything it's something that you should have already known if you're a Steeler fan and haven't been in a coma for the last 24 months. That of course would be that Ben is not only this team's MVP, but he's also in the conversation for the league as a whole.

We get Ben healthy we will win our final 3 home games and this namby pamby bullshit of "aw it's just not our year, dang those nasty injuries" will prove to be the real chicken little's among us.

GoSlash27
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm just rambling because I'm pissed and embarrassed of the teams performance. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll come to my senses. LOL Doubt it though.

Pretty much sums up all of the "sky is falling" threads. :chuckle:

Look at it this way: It's not that we lost a game. We've lost games before and we'll lose them again. It's because we lost to the Browns.
Same deal from their end. They've won a few games this season, and it wasn't a big deal until they beat the Steelers.
In both cases, both groups know who the better team is.
We're banged-up, but we're at the low point *right now*. From here on, we'll be getting our offensive starters back. And Tomlin/ Haley will make darn sure we don't cough up the ball like that again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4UeHWPeOrA

86WARD
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
It's funny that some people see nothing wrong...

GoSlash27
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
It's funny that some people see nothing wrong...

I don't think *anybody* "sees nothing wrong". 8 turnovers in a single game? Against the Browns?? Even Helen Keller could see something wrong with that.

We're just not in "ZOMG PANIC" mode like our less-stout-hearted compatriots. We just grin, say "wow... that was awful", rub some dirt in it, and move on. And maybe chuckle at the drama queens...