PDA

View Full Version : Speechless

GBMelBlount
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
I do not even know what team I was watching.

One of the most embarrassing games I have ever seen.

Between turnovers, penalties, poor play calling and poor execution I don't know where to begin.

SteelerFanInStl
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Yep, a pathetic excuse for a game and I didn't even watch it. I won't be watching it on Game Rewind either. It's not worth my time.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
7 turnovers....4 RB....one turnovers each

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Not surprising though.

This team is NEVER...I MEAN NEVER...prepared against bad teams.

This is on Tomlin. 2012...repeat of 2009.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Not surprising though.

The steelers are not a good team without Roethlisberger

every coach and OC look bad without a QB

JayC
11-25-2012, 03:08 PM
can this season end already?

salamander
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Not surprising though.

Except half the team is injured this time around.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
LOL....This season is not over....The giants was 6-5 last year(6-6 and 7-7)

Edman
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Not surprising though.

No. 2009 was FAR WORSE than this. Don't even go there. The scenario is similar, but not an exact copy.

This is a team beaten down by hard luck and injuries to their best players all season. This is a team that is currently stuck with backup QB's. The 2009 Team was a decently healthy team (With Ben) with a Defense that pulled off monumental collapses in games. NOWHERE near close.

This is a team stranded without it's best players. The Defense has improved, but they can only do so much with a broken down injured Offense turning the ball over 7 times.

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
The steelers are not a good team without Roethlisberger

Bellichek went 11-5 without Brady.

dislocatedday
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
...and fitting that the Steelers fumble it for an 8th turnover on the very last play of the game.

X-Terminator
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Not surprising though.

For one, they are down to their 3rd QB because of injury. Second, they are without their 1A WR. Third, they were down a lineman and also lost Mike Adams today. Fourth, all of the coaching in the world will not help when your offense does not take care of the football. All he can do is bench guys and hope nobody else fumbles. Unfortunately, they all put the ball on the ground.

This is HARDLY a repeat of 2009.

So I guess now the "fire Tomlin" calls can begin in earnest.

zulater
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
LOL....This season is not over....The giants was 6-5 last year(6-6 and 7-7)

It's not over. But we can't even tread water without Big Ben. Just figure every single game he doesn't start will be a loss.

salamander
11-25-2012, 03:15 PM

And still missed the playoffs if I remember correctly.

katmandu

Between turnovers, penalties, poor play calling and poor execution I don't know where to begin.I just logged in to make this exact point.

I have no words........ Just sitting and staring blankly at the TV in utter disbelief of the train wreck I just watched.

Wow............................................... .....

steelpride12
Come on no one is LOLing like me still :lol:

SteelerEmpire
A big problem is that there are a lot of players on this team that think they are actually better than they really are.

X-Terminator

That team also wasn't decimated by injuries. That helps.

SteelerFanInStl

BS. Other teams can win with a backup QB. This whole team fell apart today against a terrible Browns team. There's no excuse for that.

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
No. 2009 was FAR WORSE than this. Don't even go there. The scenario is similar, but not an exact copy.

This is a team beaten down by hard luck and injuries to their best players all season. This is a team stuck with backup QB's. The 2009 Team had no such excuse, period.

It's more than that. Every year, they can't beat bad teams or struggle against them...healthy or not.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:17 PM

:der::der::der:

BB had a losing record without Brady in his career

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
That team also wasn't decimated by injuries. That helps.

They were missing their best player. Take Ben off this team for an entire year....it would be laughable.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
It's more than that. Every year, they can't beat bad teams or struggle against them...healthy or not.

The steelers not loss against a team with a losing record in 2010 and 2011.....

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Give Bellicheck Brian Hoyer with his current team and he still beats the Browns.

The Steelers...they lay down like a shot dog.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Give Bellicheck Brian Hoyer with his current team and he still beats the Browns.

The Steelers...they lay down like a shot dog.

The patriots lost 34-14 vs Cleveland in 2010......

Edman
I put my hope in the backups QB's during this stretch, but the writing is on the wall. We need Ben.

Ben IS officially the Steelers. In the past it was Polamalu we couldn't afford to miss, but now it's Ben.

BlastFurnace
The steelers not loss against a team with a losing record in 2010 and 2011.....

They struggled agains them. Look it up. They almost lost to Tyler Palko, Colt McCoy, Curtis Painter, Blaine Gabbert and others in 2011 alone.

They should have destroyed every one of those teams, but they don't. They always play nailbiters because they don't have a killer instinct.

X-Terminator
11-25-2012, 03:22 PM
They were missing their best player. Take Ben off this team for an entire year....it would be laughable.

But they didn't have any major injuries anywhere else! It also helps that they had a capable backup, which the Steelers do not. But even so, if you take Ben off this roster for a full season and everyone stays healthy, I bet they still win double-digit games, especially with the defense playing as well as it is.

katmandu
11-25-2012, 03:23 PM
can this season end already?It did. (15) minutes ago.

zulater
But they didn't have any major injuries anywhere else! It also helps that they had a capable backup, which the Steelers do not. But even so, if you take Ben off this roster for a full season and everyone stays healthy, I bet they still win double-digit games, especially with the defense playing as well as it is.

I seriously doubt it. But I hope to God we wont find out anytime soon.

Edman

The Patriots also missed the playoffs that year.

Belichick was also a nobody before he came across Brady.

zulater
11-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I put my hope in the backups QB's during this stretch, but the writing is on the wall. We need Ben.

Ben IS officially the Steelers. In the past it was Polamalu we couldn't afford to miss, but now it's Ben.

Looking ahead, is there so much as one win left on the schedule if you projected that game without Ben?

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
The patriots lost 34-14 vs Cleveland in 2010......

You can pick a game out here and there with the Patriots, but it's not nearly as often as the Steelers. You don't see them have a streak like 2009 or lose in one season to the Raiders, Titans, and Browns.

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Does the presence of Ben make them hold on to the ball better?

Every man has to look in the mirror and make a decision to comee back and play some football.

Tomlin has some discipline work to do.

The world has not ended.

Kittyfish
11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Just heard Tomlin's post-game conference over the radio - he was PISSED. I don't believe I've ever heard him so upset, though he certainly has his reasons. I wouldn't want to be facing him any time soon. Just a cringe-worthy game, any way you look at it.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
You can pick a game out here and there with the Patriots, but it's not nearly as often as the Steelers. You don't see them have a streak like 2009 or lose in one season to the Raiders, Titans, and Browns.

2009 was a fluke....This year,the injury is the problem

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 03:30 PM
2009 was a fluke....This year,the injury is the problem

Nonsense. They were not beat up against the Raiders and Titans.

Edman
11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Looking ahead, is there so much as one win left on the schedule if you projected that game without Ben?

Not that I know of. We're not beating Baltimore that's for certain.

Steeldude
11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
They weren't even trying in the first half. They were playing not to lose and they ended up losing as a result. Why not punt on 3rd down instead of deliberately trying not to get the 1st down?

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Nonsense. They were not beat up against the Raiders and Titans.

The Steelers have won four games in a row after including a win against the Super Bowl champions

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't even trying in the first half. They were playing not to lose and they ended up losing as a result. Why not punt on 3rd down instead of deliberately trying not to get the 1st down?

This is the opposite

the Steelers have made eight turnovers

zulater
11-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Not that I know of. We're not beating Baltimore that's for certain.

Even with Ben we probably can't win that game. Baltimore while mediocre on the road is a beast at home.

This gets back to my thesis to root against the Chargers, Colts, Bengals, and Titans every week. Give Ben one more week to hopefully get fully healthy. Then win at least 3 out of the last 4 and 9-7 will get you in as a wildcard.

Of course no doubt we'll have to go to Denver for the first game, lose our best safety, and be one and done anyway.

This team needs to clean up a lot of coaching related areas next offseason.

It would be a shame to waste another year of the franchise's best qb's career with surrounding ineptness.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:42 PM
no doubt in my mind that the Steelers can beat the Ravens on the road with Roethlisberger....If Roethlisberger can play, he must play

The turnovers were not a problem before today

Devilsdancefloor
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
to be hinest we go tbehind and instead of playing to chucks stregth we tried to play Al fucking davis ball instead of throwing 10 yards lets try 50.

zulater
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
no doubt in my mind that the Steelers can beat the Ravens on the road with Roethlisberger....If Roethlisberger can play, he must play

The turnovers were not a problem before today

Can they? Maybe, but I doubt it. The Ravens are a different animal at home. Don't think you're going to see the same Raven team in Baltimore. Basically in the rat's nest they play mistake free football. Something that even in our best games this season we haven't come close to achieving. That's why I honestly hope the Steelers keep Ben out for another week even if he's capable of playing.

My fear, the Steelers will commit enough first half gaffes that the Ravens will capitlize on that they'll get a big lead early. And once there, they beat Ben up like a pinata, just like they did in last year's season opener. And also reminiscent of that game Tomlin will leave Ben in to get beat up long after the result has been settled. And Ben wont be capable of playing at the elite level we'll need him to to salvage a playoff berth in the last 4 games.

Overreaction? To you ,maybe. To me, just commenting on what I see.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Can they? Maybe, but I doubt it. The Ravens are a different animal at home. Don't think you're going to see the same Raven team in Baltimore. Basically in the rat's nest they play mistake free football. Something that even in our best games this season we haven't come close to achieving. That's why I honestly hope the Steelers keep Ben out for another week even if he's capable of playing.

My fear, the Steelers will commit enough first half gaffes that the Ravens will capitlize on that they'll get a big lead early. And once there, they beat Ben up like a pinata, just like they did in last year's season opener. And also reminiscent of that game Tomlin will leave Ben in to get beat up long after the result has been settled. And Ben wont be capable of playing at the elite level we'll need him to to salvage a playoff berth in the last 4 games.

Overreaction? To you ,maybe. To me, just commenting on what I see.

you play to win the game.....If Ben can play,he must play

The ravens are 23-1 in the last 24 games at home but the only lost was vs Pittsburgh in 2010

Also the steelers defense play very well in the last 6 games,so the steelers can win if Ben is back

zulater
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
you play to win the game.....If Ben can play,he must play

The ravens are 23-1 in the last 24 games at home but the only lost was vs Pittsburgh in 2010

Also the steelers defense play very well in the last 6 games,so the steelers can win if Ben is back

I get that. But sometimes you sacrifice a pawn to take a rook a few moves later. Or better yet you sacrifice a battle to win the war. And in my opinion even with Ben it's not likely we beat that team in their building. And playing him in that game at less than 100% could very well impact the last quarter of the season adversly.

You give me a healthy Ben for the last 4 game and I don't really give two craps if we lose to the Rats next Sunday. We can beat them there, but not with an ice cold Ben probably playing at 70%.

st33lersguy
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
If those shitstains from Cleveland win one more game this year, it will come in the Steelers last game of the season

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
I get that. But sometimes you sacrifice a pawn to take a rook a few moves later. Or better yet you sacrifice a battle to win the war. And in my opinion even with Ben it's not likely we beat that team in their building. And playing him in that game at less than 100% could very well impact the last quarter of the season adversly.

You give me a healthy Ben for the last 4 game and I don't really give two craps if we lose to the Rats next Sunday. We can beat them there, but not with an ice cold Ben probably playing at 70%.

Yes, but if the Steelers lose in Baltimore, the Steelers will have no margin for error for the rest of the season

With the exception of last year, the Steelers have playing well in Baltimore in the last 4 years....They won in 2008 and 2010 and they almost won with Dennis Dixon in 2009

zulater
11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Yes, but if the Steelers lose in Baltimore, the Steelers will have no margin for error for the rest of the season

With the exception of last year, the Steelers have playing well in Baltimore in the last 4 years....They won in 2008 and 2010 and they almost won with Dennis Dixon in 2009

Look at the AFC Wild Card race. Are the Colts a given to win 9 games? Basically it comes down to this. Our remaining home games are against the Chargers, Bengals, and Browns. Win those we're in no matter what we do at Dallas.

If the Colts collapse we could even lose one of our remaining home games ( particularly with a win in Dallas) and still get a Wild Card berth.

If Ben plays the last 4 games at anything close to his normal level of play the Steelers will make the playoffs. Mark it down. :wink02:

WesternPAexpatriate
11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Why oh why can't they win without Ben?

And I am not disparaging Ben, I love him.

But I loved Terry, too, and the Steelers could win without him.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the AFC Wild Card race. Are the Colts a given to win 9 games? Basically it comes down to this. Our remaining home games are against the Chargers, Bengals, and Browns. Win those we're in no matter what we do at Dallas.

If the Colts collapse we could even lose one of our remaining home games ( particularly with a win in Dallas) and still get a Wild Card berth.

If Ben plays the last 4 games at anything close to his normal level of play the Steelers will make the playoffs. Mark it down. :wink02:

If the Redskins think they have a chance, we have a chance.

GBMelBlount
11-25-2012, 04:55 PM

EXACTLY - I understand being conservative but they were way too one dimensional and predictable the first half.

BlastFurnace
11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Why oh why can't they win without Ben?

And I am not disparaging Ben, I love him.

But I loved Terry, too, and the Steelers could win without him.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Redskins think they have a chance, we have a chance.

This is a bad football team without Ben.

The 70's Steelers were not a bad team without Terry.

Craic
11-25-2012, 05:05 PM

Take Ben off this team, and then give us all of our starters except him, and healthy pretty much the entire year. What do you get? Well, in 2010 you got a 3-1 Steelers team. Extrapolate that to 16 games, and that gives you what? 12-4, one game above Belicheat w/out Brady.

X-Terminator
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Take Ben off this team, and then give us all of our starters except him, and healthy pretty much the entire year. What do you get? Well, in 2010 you got a 3-1 Steelers team. Extrapolate that to 16 games, and that gives you what? 12-4, one game above Belicheat w/out Brady.

That was my point. Of COURSE a team is going to struggle when you're not only missing your best player, you are also missing arguably your best WR, one of your best OL and you lose another OL during the game, who himself was subbing for another starting OL. It also did not help that our OC (and the offense in general) played scared from the word go. When you play scared, you make mistakes, and you lose. I have no doubt in my mind that if the Steelers were ever in the same position that the 2008 Pats* were in, they'd win double-digit games with their backup QB and everyone else healthy.

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:26 PM

He is talking about the Matt Cassell year.

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM

Between turnovers, penalties, poor play calling and poor execution I don't know where to begin.

I know exactly where to begin ....its when to end if I get started so I won't bother wasting another moment of my life on what transpired today it all ends now for me on this game ( I will not post again about this game watching it was bad enough )

st33lersguy
11-25-2012, 07:17 PM
This team doesn't belong in the playoffs. They lost to the Suckland Gayders, they lost to a Titans team that can't even beat the shitty Faguars, they took the NFL's worst team to overtime at home, and now they just lost to the Cleveland Clowns who will finish the year 3-13. How do you commit 8 turnovers in one game? I didn't even know that was possible?

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
This team doesn't belong in the playoffs. They lost to the Suckland Gayders, they lost to a Titans team that can't even beat the shitty Faguars, they took the NFL's worst team to overtime at home, and now they just lost to the Cleveland Clowns who will finish the year 3-13. How do you commit 8 turnovers in one game? I didn't even know that was possible?

All they have to do is get hot at the right time. We can still make the playoffs and we can get some healthy bodies back in the line up. It is not over until it is over.

ALLD
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Good teams do not lose games like that.

zulater
11-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Good teams do not lose games like that.

Without Ben we're a lousy team, but we shouldn't be as lousy as we've looked the past two weeks. The self inflicted wounds have got to end!

Moose
11-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Without Ben we're a lousy team, but we shouldn't be as lousy as we've looked the past two weeks. The self inflicted wounds have got to end!

Exactly !! 1 man shouldn't make THAT much of a difference....these guy's are getting big bucks. I notice on a replay, that on that interception that 'bounced' out of Wallace hands, he DIDN'T even try to tackle the guy. Bull crap.

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Exactly !! 1 man shouldn't make THAT much of a difference....these guy's are getting big bucks. I notice on a replay, that on that interception that 'bounced' out of Wallace hands, he DIDN'T even try to tackle the guy. Bull crap.

we have witnessed just what 1 man's difference can be ....

Look at the 2010 Colts ....
Look at the 2011 Colts ...

Peyton Manning could have been the league MVP without taking a snap in 2011 just because of the clear cut difference he made to the Colts and now in 2012 it is reinforced by what Luck is doing to with the team that could not get out of their own way just a season ago ....

Ben is no Peyton Manning but one could also say Peyton Manning is no Big Ben .....

steeldawg
11-25-2012, 09:34 PM

Well ya one man can make that much of a difference when its the guy who touches the ball every play, i mean there is no team in the league that can win with the qb play we've had the last 2 games.

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
I haven't turned off a Steelers game in a very long time. Today I did. Right as we turned it over and let the Browns score the rushing TD. I got up, turned off the TV and took my mom out to visit my aging/sick father in the Hospice.

I said, "I refuse to watch this disgusting display of filth and utter garbage that is doing its best to get me to put a fist through the wall." We left, I had my score updates via an ap on my phone and I actually laughed, then spit each time I saw the Steelers had turned it over again. 7 in the end. That is beyond pathetic. It is amatuer and borderline treasonous for the men on offense to even call themselves Steelers today.

As a fan, I am personally insulted by today's offensive performance. Insulted!

steelreserve
11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
we have witnessed just what 1 man's difference can be ....

Look at the 2010 Colts ....
Look at the 2011 Colts ...

Peyton Manning could have been the league MVP without taking a snap in 2011 just because of the clear cut difference he made to the Colts and now in 2012 it is reinforced by what Luck is doing to with the team that could not get out of their own way just a season ago ....

Actually, the fact that they're doing so well in 2012 with a rookie QB reinforces the fact that they weren't trying last year. Teams don't go from contenders to garbage to contenders that quickly just because of one guy. The Colts were 4-12 in Manning's first season. They tanked the entire second half of the season last year to get their QB of the future, and got away with it.

As for today's game ... that was a group effort. The sad thing is that even with 8 turnovers, we still had a chance to win that game.

plenewken
11-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Playoffs hopes? Not unless Ben plays, and it better be very soon.
Regardless if Ben plays or not, we'll be 6-6 after next Sunday's game in Baltimore. There's no way this mediocre team, even with Ben, can beat the Ravens on the road. Forget about it.
What I saw yesterday is an insult to the owners and fans of the Steelers.

Dino 6 Rings
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh I'm sorry...I just realized it was EIGHT turnovers...EIGHT!

Insulting, purely Insulting.

Dino 6 Rings
11-27-2012, 10:48 AM
So I was asked by a Redskins fan "what happened?" Now this guy is pretty nice, we talk football all the time and I give him heck over having struggled as a fan for the last few years...but here is how I put it..."Lazy, they were lazy with the ball, they were fat on Turkey, didn't take it seriously and were flat out Lazy"

Now this game is over, its done. They need to focus with the preperation and be ready to face the Ravens who are smelling blood in the water. Its going to be a battle, I expect the Steelers to come out hard, fast, and furious. Bottom line.

steel striker
11-27-2012, 01:59 PM
This past Sunday against the Browns was hard to watch and, the offense the last two weeks has produced just two td's. I know we have been fighting the injuries all season and, now I think some people are finding out how good Ben really is.

- - - Updated - - -

This past Sunday against the Browns was hard to watch and, the offense the last two weeks has produced just two td's. I know we have been fighting the injuries all season and, now I think some people are finding out how good Ben really is.

st33lersguy
11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
It takes horrible coaching to lose to the Gayders, the Titans, and the Clowns all in one season

Dwinsgames
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
It takes horrible coaching to lose to the Gayders, the Titans, and the Clowns all in one season

it takes a good coach to make it to the SB 3 times in short order too ... it is as broad as it is wide http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/pimp.gif