PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line

GBMelBlount
11-25-2012, 02:15 PM
There poor play and holding penalties are consistenly putting us 1st, 2nd and 3rd and long deep in our own territory.

This is not the first game this has happened.

SCSTILLER
11-25-2012, 02:17 PM
On top of that we cannot keep anyone healthy! ANYONE! This is ridiculous!

GBMelBlount
11-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Believe it or not I started this thread BEFORE the 30 yard pass by Batch was called back.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 02:20 PM
awful

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
still dont understand how legursky is so shaky at guard but so competent at center.

Edman
11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
The O-Line is trotting out third stringers right now, there's only so much they can do.

The RB's are the ones who have let down the team massively today.

7willBheaven
11-25-2012, 04:41 PM
still dont understand how legursky is so shaky at guard but so competent at center.

It is one of those odd things...but hey...some people are only good at one thing.

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM

I still like the suggestion that someone made last year. If Legs comes in, let him play center and move Pouncey to guard. Much better O Line this way than letting Legs play guard.

XxKnightxX
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I still like the suggestion that someone made last year. If Legs comes in, let him play center and move Pouncey to guard. Much better O Line this way than letting Legs play guard.
I believe it was me. The reason I aid it was because Legs is much more natural at center and Pounceys athleticism at guard would benefit us greatly. Too bad we can't have both Pounceys but it will benefit us much better if we have a hole at guard.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Craic
11-25-2012, 05:48 PM

I would completley agree with you, except that I'd be so afraid of Pouncey getting hurt at Guard. Don't ask me why. It's just the type of luck this team has had.

Chidi29
11-25-2012, 06:03 PM
With the line the way it is, bring back Essex. Should have never been cut in favor of Legursky in the first place.

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
With the line the way it is, bring back Essex. Should have never been cut in favor of Legursky in the first place.

Didn't someone pick him up then cut him again? The Pittsburgh Colts I believe?

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Legursky's play at Center is fantastic almost no drop off in play from what we get from Pouncey ...Essex is not fantastic anywhere or at anything that I am aware of ...

Lego is far more important to this team than Essex ever was or ever would be .. I would rather line Heath up at RT than Essex if I am being honest

Craic
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Sorry, but you're WAY off there. Essex lost his starting job on the line for a reason - and you want him to be the backup center? Are you kidding me? Look, coming into next year, Legurskey will be the backup center and we'll have Foster as the backup Guard and I'm hoping, Gilbert as the backup tackle. Essex couldn't beat any of those players out of those positions.

Chidi29
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Legursky's play at Center is fantastic almost no drop off in play from what we get from Pouncey ...Essex is not fantastic anywhere or at anything that I am aware of ...

Lego is far more important to this team than Essex ever was or ever would be .. I would rather line Heath up at RT than Essex if I am being honest

Essex isn't particularly good anywhere but can play all five spots. With the way our line is dropping, though I'm hopeful Gilbert returns next week, having that on the bench is invaluable.

The only way Legursky is effective is if Pouncey gets hurt. Otherwise, he's holding us down.

Chidi29
11-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Didn't someone pick him up then cut him again? The Pittsburgh Colts I believe?

They did but then cut him.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but you're WAY off there. Essex lost his starting job on the line for a reason - and you want him to be the backup center? Are you kidding me? Look, coming into next year, Legurskey will be the backup center and we'll have Foster as the backup Guard and I'm hoping, Gilbert as the backup tackle. Essex couldn't beat any of those players out of those positions.

He played well in the Jacksonville game. So yeah, I think he could do it again.

I'm not looking for Essex to be a long-term starter. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable having him on the bench with all the injuries. How many times this year have we run out of healthy lineman?

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 06:50 PM
They did but then cut him.

- - - Updated - - -

He played well in the Jacksonville game. So yeah, I think he could do it again.

I'm not looking for Essex to be a long-term starter. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable having him on the bench with all the injuries. How many times this year have we run out of healthy lineman?

Beachum played as well today on short notice as Essex ever has . Gilbert should be back next week and we still do not know how long Adams will be out ... Put me down for almost anyone over Essex guys like former first round pick Chris Williams cut by the Bears a month ago , hell even take a flier on Tony Ugoh before you take Essex ..... those guys have at least had success at some level where as Essex never really has ... remember no matter how hard you try you just can not polish a turd and Essex is a turd ...........

how many times did we bring Lee Mays back ?? did it ever prove to be the right move ?? you just can not polish a turd !!
how many times did Verron Haynes get another shot ?? you can not polish a turd !!

you let guys go for a reason , most times your correct in doing so , bring them back and let them go again and again ...at what point do you just realize ... YOU CAN NOT POLISH A TURD

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Glad to hear Beachum played well.

GBMelBlount
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Beachum played as well today on short notice as Essex ever has .

Really? Has anyone watched Beachum's play today close enough to confidently say this?

He was chosen by a lof of our draftniks (suit, aussie, et al I believe) as a possible late rounder who might make an impact but he had looked pretty bad in the preseason if I am not mistaken.

I know a lot of people were pulling for him as am I....

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear Beachum played well.

DO NOT read to much into it , He played as well as Essex ever did ... he was not great but taking into consideration he does not get many reps and was put in on short notice ( ok well no notice ) he did as well as can be expected for a rookie late round draft pick under the circumstances ... he was called for 1 holding penalty but it was a tick tack call IMO

Chidi29
11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Beachum played as well today on short notice as Essex ever has . Gilbert should be back next week and we still do not know how long Adams will be out ... Put me down for almost anyone over Essex guys like former first round pick Chris Williams cut by the Bears a month ago , hell even take a flier on Tony Ugoh before you take Essex ..... those guys have at least had success at some level where as Essex never really has ... remember no matter how hard you try you just can not polish a turd and Essex is a turd ...........

how many times did we bring Lee Mays back ?? did it ever prove to be the right move ?? you just can not polish a turd !!
how many times did Verron Haynes get another shot ?? you can not polish a turd !!

you let guys go for a reason , most times your correct in doing so , bring them back and let them go again and again ...at what point do you just realize ... YOU CAN NOT POLISH A TURD

You are completely missing my point. No one is saying Essex's career is suddenly going to be revived and he'll be an All-Star. Never going to happen. But with a team that generally dresses seven lineman, just two backups, having a guy that has Sunday experience at all five positions is almost unheard of and is valuable even if he isn't that good. He is a true jack of all trades, master of none. But for a Tomlin team, that's ok.

And pretty sure Ugoh retired.

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Really? Has anyone watched Beachum's play today close enough to confidently say this?

He was chosen by a lof of our draftniks (suit, aussie, et al I believe) as a possible late rounder who might make an impact but he had looked pretty bad in the preseason if I am not mistaken.

I know a lot of people were pulling for him.

YES ... I did watch him play today and I call it like I see it .....

NOTE what I said , read it and read it again .... """" Beachum played as well today on short notice as Essex ever has"""" note the Essex reference that is very important in that assessment ...

Beachum did not look nearly as Bad as Adams did early on ...take that to the bank

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
DO NOT read to much into it , He played as well as Essex ever did ... he was not great but taking into consideration he does not get many reps and was put in on short notice ( ok well no notice ) he did as well as can be expected for a rookie late round draft pick under the circumstances ... he was called for 1 holding penalty but it was a tick tack call IMO

Not reading much into it. Just for some reason, I liked this kid when we drafted him. He had a rough preseason and I thought he would get cut. But then they kept him, so I am hoping, for his sake and for the Steelers, that he continues to grow and become a better lineman. I did not read into your statement that he was an all-star, just that he played decently for coming in on short notice.

Steeldude
11-25-2012, 07:07 PM

Should have let Beachum go to the practice squad

Chidi29
11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Should have let Beachum go to the practice squad

No complaints from me about that.

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 07:09 PM
And pretty sure Ugoh retired.

he did ... my point stands though

we do not need someone who can play all 5 pos. at this point we are thin at Tackle , that is not to say we will be come next week ... nobody knows yet Adams status , Gilbert supposedly will be back next week and Colon sat out today because of some minor swelling in his knee but was dressed and available if need be so he may very well be starting next week for all we know at this point in time ...

I am saying I would not take a guy like Essex when there are more talented players walking the same streets with him , just because he can play 5 spots does not mean he is any good at any of them ... give me someone with some skill at something even if it is just 1 spot over someone with no skill at lots of stuff ... hope I made myself a little clearer this time around

Chidi29
11-25-2012, 07:23 PM
he did ... my point stands though

we do not need someone who can play all 5 pos. at this point we are thin at Tackle , that is not to say we will be come next week ... nobody knows yet Adams status , Gilbert supposedly will be back next week and Colon sat out today because of some minor swelling in his knee but was dressed and available if need be so he may very well be starting next week for all we know at this point in time ...

I am saying I would not take a guy like Essex when there are more talented players walking the same streets with him , just because he can play 5 spots does not mean he is any good at any of them ... give me someone with some skill at something even if it is just 1 spot over someone with no skill at lots of stuff ... hope I made myself a little clearer this time around

We're thin everywhere. We really didn't have any reserves on the interior today.

And yes. we're hopefully getting guys healthy now. But who knows if it'll stay that way. And I've always thought from the get-go Essex should have been kept.

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 07:41 PM
We're thin everywhere. We really didn't have any reserves on the interior today.

And yes. we're hopefully getting guys healthy now. But who knows if it'll stay that way. And I've always thought from the get-go Essex should have been kept.

I will agree to disagree , I was never a fan from the day he was drafted ... am on record elsewhere of saying it ( Zu knows ) I was livid they did not take Brandon Jacobs or Chris Canty in that spot

86WARD
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM

How many times did we bring Leftwich back? CAN'T POLISH A TURD.

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 08:04 PM

:drink:

oneforthetoe
11-25-2012, 08:24 PM

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/023/3/4/mr_hankey__the_christmas_poo_by_16bitmjfan-d37vfpj.png

zulater
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM

No he shouldn't have.

tube517
11-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Just combine The Big Legursky and Trai and call him: Legsex :chuckle:

DarthSpartans20
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
David DeCastro seems to be coming back this week. One good piece of good news.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
David DeCastro seems to be coming back this week. One good piece of good news.

DARTH !!
http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/drinks.gif

fansince'76
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Just combine The Big Legursky and Trai and call him: Legsex :chuckle:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3878044_700b.jpg

:lol:

pepsyman1
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM

If I understand what you're saying it's that you can't polish a turd. Do I have that right? Lol. :lol:

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
If I understand what you're saying it's that you can't polish a turd. Do I have that right? Lol. :lol:

correct