PDA

View Full Version : Charlie "Botch", huh?

Edman
11-25-2012, 12:52 PM
This dude is the worst guy ever and he does nothing but LOSE for the Steelers. Better keep the ball out of his hands, he might lose the game for us. That crappy Charlie Botch.

Apparently the Coaching Staff is so deathly afraid of him, they only let him throw the ball 4 times. Yeah, that Charlie Botch is so useless, losing the game for us, turning the ball over...Oh wait...

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 12:58 PM
He is a 3rd string QB.....

Edman
11-25-2012, 01:01 PM

And we have a "1st string" offense that is looking like the 3rd stringers, not him.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 01:03 PM
A bad QB can kill the entire offense as the Colts last year

But no excuse for the two fumbles today

Edman
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
A bad QB can kill the entire offense as the Colts last year

But no excuse for the two fumbles today

Lackluster coaching kills an offense, not one guy.

The Coaching Staff is so afraid of Charlie botching it up, but everyone else is screwing up.

zulater
11-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Nice two minute drive from Charlie! :applaudit:

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Nice two minute drive from Charlie! :applaudit:

And Sheldon Brown on the penalty on Burress

Godfather
11-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Poor Plax. Would have been nice to see him catch a TD.

zulater
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
And Sheldon Brown on the penalty on Burress

Even without that CB had already driven them into fg range.

If the rest of the offense can refrain from fumbling the ball and commiting drive detroying penalties Charlie can do enough to win this game for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Plax. Would have been nice to see him catch a TD.

He contributed nonetheless. And give him credit for the so called drop. ( by CBS color guy's account). Charlie threw that ball wide and it was only a good effort by Plax that kept that ball from possibly being intercepted.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 02:08 PM
terrible interception on the last pass....

smokin3000gt
11-25-2012, 03:00 PM
terrible interception on the last pass....

I don't know what he was thinking, we needed to eat up the clock anyways and he goes for a bomb into double coverage?? Horrible play and decision that cost us the game.

zulater
11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Try to block this fucking kick!!!!!!

salamander
11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
The whole offense outside of Heath really "botched" things up today.

86WARD
11-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Not really.

steelpride12
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Hey the Bungles can beat bad teams at least. Time to give up the final wild card spot.

86WARD
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Working on it...definitely working on it.

Craic
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Yep, today, I'll call him Charlie Botch. I don't usually use those names for players, but he deserved it today.

Consistently underthrew passes, threw the pass behind Wallace that was intercepted (That's a 50/50 Wallace-Batch responsibility), Threw into coverage he had no business throwing into, and then with the last few seconds, he held out, held out, and then threw a dump off wasting precious seconds.

His game today was about equal that of Leftwich, and Lefty was injured. It's time to dump both backups and find someone else. Hopefully Batch has seen his last football game in a Steelers uniform (or any uniform). Here's hoping next year, we see Batch wandering our sidelines with a clipboard and a coaches headset.

Shoes
11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Batch and Lefty both need to go...its getting beyond embarrassing......even with all their experience.....combined!

Dwinsgames
11-25-2012, 05:29 PM
His game today was about equal that of Leftwich, and Lefty was injured. It's time to dump both backups and find someone else. Hopefully Batch has seen his last football game in a Steelers uniform (or any uniform). Here's hoping next year, we see Batch wondering our sidelines with a clipboard and a coaches headset.

what he said

Count Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
We are paying for the FO failing to address this situation in the off season. Batch or Lefty should have been the 3rd, at best, but someone else should have been the 2nd.

43Hitman
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Well at least everyone that was pimping Botch all week finally got their wake up call. He sucks and has no business wearing a Steeler uniform. Maybe this will finally be the end of their crowing.

Craic
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Well at least everyone that was pimping Botch all week finally got their wake up call. He sucks and has no business wearing a Steeler uniform anymore. Maybe this will finally be the end of their crowing.

Fixed it for you. I'm not going to disparage what he's done in our past, or the ways that he's helped Ben. He just shouldn't get a uniform anymore.

GBMelBlount
11-26-2012, 01:12 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that charlie starting virtually every drive well inside the 20 and with no running game, poor blocking, numerous penalties and 4 fumble turnovers that it got to the point where Charlie had to start "forcing" things a bit.

Charlie is a good game manager and had he had anything to work with I have a feeling he would not have been put in a position to throw three interceptions. Also, two of those interceptions I believe were arguably due to route running I know at least that Burress did not come back.

What Charlie had to endure yesterday I would not wish on ANY quarterback.

All I can say is that I cannot give enough praise for how consistent our defense has been since the first few games.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 01:14 PM
its about farking time the BOTCH shit ends , yes he sucked yesterday but so did 8 other guys on O .... its pretty damned disrespectful to the man who gave 15 years to this league and did it with dignity I do not care if the lady who coined the phrase was a good decent even angelic woman or not it was rude and still is rude to refer to the man by such a moniker and its as ridiculous as the Momlin shit I keep seeing .......

come on people , once can be funny even if disrespectful , but 1,000 times over is way past old and redundant http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/rude.gif

Craic
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
its about farking time the BOTCH shit ends , yes he sucked yesterday but so did 8 other guys on O .... its pretty damned disrespectful to the man who gave 15 years to this league and did it with dignity I do not care if the lady who coined the phrase was a good decent even angelic woman or not it was rude and still is rude to refer to the man by such a moniker and its as ridiculous as the Momlin shit I keep seeing .......

come on people , once can be funny even if disrespectful , but 1,000 times over is way past old and redundant http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/rude.gif

Um, I'm not sure if you didn't read the thread, or if you didn't catch the sarcasm in a few of the posts, but really there was only a couple posts here that called him Charlie "Botch." And for me, I specifically said it concerned the game today. Give the thread another read.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
that was not directed towards you specifically , it was anyone and everyone that refers to Charlie as Botch ... its stupid , redundant and disrespectful if Posting a 5-2 record ( prior to yesterday ) as a starter gets someone that Moniker in a place designed for Fans of the team he plays for it makes one take time for pause to question why those people are even here ...

I see lots of times posted here not to call someone stupid or insult this person for their views because it is disrespectful yet this board condones blatant disrespect to one of the teams players who did nothing to deserve it ......

talk about a double standard , if we are to have standards lets have them be fair and just and not just when it strikes us to " be nice" ...

as a side note I do not see anything wrong with saying something is stupid when quoting something if they they make a stupid comment ... the world is not a " play nice " place its a place full of reality and if you can not be real what good is any of it ?

zulater
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
that was not directed towards you specifically , it was anyone and everyone that refers to Charlie as Botch ... its stupid , redundant and disrespectful if Posting a 5-2 record ( prior to yesterday ) as a starter gets someone that Moniker in a place designed for Fans of the team he plays for it makes one take time for pause to question why those people are even here ...

I see lots of times posted here not to call someone stupid or insult this person for their views because it is disrespectful yet this board condones blatant disrespect to one of the teams players who did nothing to deserve it ......

talk about a double standard , if we are to have standards lets have them be fair and just and not just when it strikes us to " be nice" ...

as a side note I do not see anything wrong with saying something is stupid when quoting something if they they make a stupid comment ... the world is not a " play nice " place its a place full of reality and if you can not be real what good is any of it ?

Completely agree on all points.

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM

:hurt: The dude sucked yesterday and has sucked for the majority of his career. Just like you can cry about how we treat a highly paid professional, we can give our opinion on whether or not he sucks. Silly monikers or not. Deal with it.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
:hurt: The dude sucked yesterday and has sucked for the majority of his career. Just like you can cry about how we treat a highly paid professional, we can give our opinion on whether or not he sucks. Silly monikers or not. Deal with it.

it works both ways then http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/donkey.gif

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 02:41 PM
it works both ways then http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/donkey.gif

I've been called worse. I'm just glad that Botch will finally be off of this roster at the end of the year. He is and has been a waste of space for a number of years now. Maybe you should start some sort of vigil for him if it makes you feel better.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I've been called worse. I'm just glad that Botch will finally be off of this roster at the end of the year. He is and has been a waste of space for a number of years now. Maybe you should start some sort of vigil for him if it makes you feel better.

looking at his record and letting that be the basis of his worth it looks like you are

A) misinformed

B) blind

C) stupid

D) all of the above

steel striker
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Charlie's last pick is what drove me crazy there was no reason to throw that to Wallace look like cover two over the top. The short passes were working on that drive. Should have had points on that drive. The slant pass that was picked Wallace has to fight more for that ball.

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
looking at his record and letting that be the basis of his worth it looks like you are

A) misinformed

B) blind

C) stupid

D) all of the above

So the idea of having a younger guy without a noodle arm and made of glass is misinformed, blind and stupid. Ok gotcha sport. :der:

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
So the idea of having a younger guy without a noodle arm and made of glass is misinformed, blind and stupid. Ok gotcha sport. :der:

who said that ???? here is a hint ...NOBODY !!

you said """""He is and has been a waste of space for a number of years now"""""" , you are dead wrong and STUPID for even saying it .......

those where YOUR words not mine ... now where did I say it is stupid to have a guy with a live arm other than Ben on the roster ? please do show me where it is I am dying to read it again for the first time !!!

as a side note I am not your " sport " http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/jerkit.gif

stillers4me
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Horrible play and decision that cost us the game.

Sincerely.....THIS really is NOT what lost the game for us.

X-Terminator
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM

So then when you or anyone comes up with some cute and disrespectful nickname for a player or coach other than Batch, remember that you said this. You weren't here back then, but there were so many disparaging and downright disrespectful names directed toward Dick LeBeau and Bruce Arians. I'm sure there were plenty on the forum you came here from. It's ironic that you say that the world is not a "play nice" place, yet according to you, the players/coaches should get kid gloves treatment. Talk about a double-standard.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
So then when you or anyone comes up with some cute and disrespectful nickname for a player or coach other than Batch, remember that you said this. You weren't here back then, but there were so many disparaging and downright disrespectful names directed toward Dick LeBeau and Bruce Arians. I'm sure there were plenty on the forum you came here from. It's ironic that you say that the world is not a "play nice" place, yet according to you, the players/coaches should get kid gloves treatment. Talk about a double-standard.

so do you always make it up as you go along or do you normally base your scoldings on facts ?

I ask this because clearly in this case your making it up as you go along .. I never said treat the players with kid gloves , I said this place tries to force us to play nice with one another yet permits its posters to belittle the players .. Players like Batch who before yesterday gave them no reason to belittle him ...5-2 record as a starter is admirable for a backup and does not merit condemnation ... but he was getting it none the less

then we are told to go by the play nice rules towards one another , that is the double standard !!

so please get it right before you lecture ... http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/ok.gif

but hey if that is how this place is being run and that is what makes everyone feel " special inside " knowing they will not be held accountable by others for their posting and called out when they are wrong and they can belittle a player who has been vastly more successful in his life than they ever have been at anything they have done with their lives and this forum be ok with that way of doing business ... maybe I came to the wrong place

the world is not full of cotton ball clouds and rainbows with unicorns and the like and I will not sugar coat my feeling to fit into those parameters but I can see ZERO value at belittling a player who takes the field and does all he can with very little time to prepare and walks away with a 5-3 lifetime record as a backup in this city being called names for no good reason .... .... whatever

X-Terminator
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
so do you always make it up as you go along or do you normally base your scoldings on facts ?

I ask this because clearly in this case your making it up as you go along .. I never said treat the players with kid gloves , I said this place tries to force us to play nice with one another yet permits its posters to belittle the players .. Players like Batch who before yesterday gave them no reason to belittle him ...5-2 record as a starter is admirable for a backup and does not merit condemnation ... but he was getting it none the less

then we are told to go by the play nice rules towards one another , that is the double standard !!

so please get it right before you lecture ... http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/ok.gif

There is a big difference between interacting on a semi-personal level on a message forum and discussing a team full of players that most of us will never get to meet. On top of that, they are public figures, and as such they are very much subject to criticism on almost any level. Nobody here is a public figure, at least that I know of. Lastly, message forums are for people to express their opinions about a certain topic, in this case the Steelers. If that opinion happens to involve making fun of a player or coming up with a nickname, that is their right, even if it does open them up to criticism from other members, so long as it doesn't escalate to flaming. Yes, that also includes people who use the name "Botch." So members here have every right to call a player whatever they want. Members have the right to dislike any player they want. They DO NOT have the right to flame other members, for obvious reasons.

And if you want to go the route of Batch not giving anyone any reason for anyone to criticize him, neither has Dick LeBeau. And yet, there were many, many fans who called him "old and senile" and should be run out of town and into a retirement home when the defense was struggling earlier this season. Just because you have a good track record doesn't mean you should be above criticism and dislike.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 04:44 PM
There is a big difference between interacting on a semi-personal level on a message forum and discussing a team full of players that most of us will never get to meet. On top of that, they are public figures, and as such they are very much subject to criticism on almost any level. Nobody here is a public figure, at least that I know of. Lastly, message forums are for people to express their opinions about a certain topic, in this case the Steelers. If that opinion happens to involve making fun of a player or coming up with a nickname, that is their right, even if it does open them up to criticism from other members, so long as it doesn't escalate to flaming. Yes, that also includes people who use the name "Botch." So members here have every right to call a player whatever they want. Members have the right to dislike any player they want. They DO NOT have the right to flame other members, for obvious reasons.

And if you want to go the route of Batch not giving anyone any reason for anyone to criticize him, neither has Dick LeBeau. And yet, there were many, many fans who called him "old and senile" and should be run out of town and into a retirement home when the defense was struggling earlier this season. Just because you have a good track record doesn't mean you should be above criticism and dislike.

its not a level playing field ...

I will tell you my rules , if someone says something stupid I will say so without sugar coating it ...

if someone calls out a player in a manner that is wrong I will say so at the same level of disrespect said player got from that poster ( who inherently knows less about the game than said player ) ...

if someone calls out a coach in the same manner as above , see above ....

I live in the real world , that world does not change when I click on this website ...

if the above is suitable that's cool ,,, if not I am sorry .. I will not idly stand by and listen to a blithering idiot degrade someone that is better at something than the blithering idiot complaining about ever was in their entire life ( that is pot calling the kettle black )

if this is not agreeable then I guess this place is more suitable for a blind sheep than a real person living in the real world ...

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/peace.gif

X-Terminator
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
its not a level playing field ...

I will tell you my rules , if someone says something stupid I will say so without sugar coating it ...

if someone calls out a player in a manner that is wrong I will say so at the same level of disrespect said player got from that poster ( who inherently knows less about the game than said player ) ...

if someone calls out a coach in the same manner as above , see above ....

I live in the real world , that world does not change when I click on this website ...

if the above is suitable that's cool ,,, if not I am sorry .. I will not idly stand by and listen to a blithering idiot degrade someone that is better at something than the blithering idiot complaining about ever was in their entire life ( that is pot calling the kettle black )

if this is not agreeable then I guess this place is more suitable for a blind sheep than a real person living in the real world ...

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/peace.gif

But you are not the owner of this website, therefore you do not make the rules.

We have no problem with discussions getting heated. But when they start getting too personal, then the line will be drawn.

If you have a problem with that, I am sorry, and maybe this message board is not for you.

polamalubeast
11-26-2012, 05:28 PM
ESPN STATS: Charlie Batch completed 2-of-11 (18.2 percent) passes with two interceptions on throws more than 10 yards downfield.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steelersdepot?p=s

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
But you are not the owner of this website, therefore you do not make the rules.

We have no problem with discussions getting heated. But when they start getting too personal, then the line will be drawn.

If you have a problem with that, I am sorry, and maybe this message board is not for you.

you are correct it is not my website and I do not make the website rules , however I do make the rules in my life and how I conduct myself and what I feel is right and wrong ...

I have seen several instances when someone simply makes a comment that what someone else said was stupid they got scolded and told they must " play nice " ( not those words exactly but you get my point ) that to me is not letting something get even warm let alone heated ...

but again not my rules or my call but I can as a human being with free will and working mind have my own thoughts on the matter and to not hold those same posters to the same level of decency for the primary reason they come here and that is to talk about the team and its players is Blasphemy IMO and I should as an American have the right to say as much ....

I will continue to post as long as I see fit ( or the powers that be see fit ) but do not expect me to compromise my own belief system in the meantime , I will act how I see fit and how I deem appropriate based on each circumstance as it presents itself , if / when that becomes to much of a burden for those who have unrealistic expectations of human nature in a free willed individual in a free speech society I suspect someone will pull the plug on me ....

that being said I believe everyone has a right to hold their own opinion but it should be based in factual principles and if it is not they need to be called out on it at every turn but perhaps I am in the minority , it is either that or I am the only one with balls enough to speak up ... either way we all know where i stand now , its abundantly clear where the board stands ...

( trust me it is nothing personal against you I just felt this all needed to be said ) and if it where the other way around I would respect someone for having the balls to say it

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/drinks.gif

GBMelBlount
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Dwins. You have already made a lot of great posts in your short time here and I for one am glad you contribute to this site....you are very knowledgable and add a lot to the discussions.

At the same time, I have been friends with 43 and XT for 5 years. So while we may have arguments and disagreements, it is as friends who are disagreeing and things generally never get to the point of getting TOO personal. I guess my point is that you if you take the time to get to know everyone here as friends first, when there are disagreement it is more in the context of how you have an argument with your best friends or your brother. Do you know what I mean? I can honestly say there is not a person on this entire board that once I got to know them that I do not like.

Just my two cents. :drink:

salamander
11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Another thread getting interesting.

:pop2:

stillers4me
11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
This is the last warning about name calling and personal insults. It's actually possible to have a difference in opinion still act like civil adults. How about giving it a try?

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
This is the last warning about name calling and personal insults. It's actually possible to have a difference in opinion still act like civil adults. How about giving it a try?

I agree , however I am not the one tossing F bombs around like snowballs but then again that may be in large what your talking about ... ???

and since those posts have been since deleted nobody else can see what was there and it appears I am arguing with myself ....

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/help.gif

bayz101
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
LOL. We fumble four times and Wallace gift wraps and sends the ball to the Browns and you're blaming...Batch? Batch isn't Ben. He can't make miracles happen. A miracle would have been a win despite multiple turnovers. Charlie can win games for us, but if you're going to fumble three balls away before he even has a chance to find a rhythm, you're asking for a bit much from a backup.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. We fumble four times and Wallace gift wraps and sends the ball to the Browns and you're blaming...Batch? Batch isn't Ben. He can't make miracles happen. A miracle would have been a win despite multiple turnovers. Charlie can win games for us, but if you're going to fumble three balls away before he even has a chance to find a rhythm, you're asking for a bit much from a backup.

Shoes
11-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Most of us are guests on this forum..... It's really a privilege. No different than being invited into a dear friends living room. I do hope respect and manners still have place .....even in the computer world.

bayz101
11-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Whats up with the posts disappearing? If you don't like the way a conversation is going stop it BEFORE it develops, not well after the fact. It sucks writing up responses only to find the post doesn't exist anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats up with the posts disappearing? If you don't like the way a conversation is going stop it BEFORE it develops, not well after the fact. It sucks writing up responses only to find the post doesn't exist anymore.

DarthSpartans20
11-26-2012, 08:26 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Batch also went in with a brand new receiver just plucked off the street in Burress, Colon was a last minute scratch as well. Not to mention all the holding calls they suffered putting the Steelers in several 1st and long situations. Batch made some bad throws, but the penalties, and the fumbles are what cost this team.

Craic
11-26-2012, 08:34 PM
it appears I am arguing with myself ....

Welcome to my world . . . or the world of marriage! :chuckle:

(just kidding - in case Mrs. Preacher ever looks here).

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Welcome to my world . . . or the world of marriage! :chuckle:

(just kidding - in case Mrs. Preacher ever looks here).

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/rofl.gif

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I agree , however I am not the one tossing F bombs around like snowballs but then again that may be in large what your talking about ... ???

and since those posts have been since deleted nobody else can see what was there and it appears I am arguing with myself ....

I dropped one F bomb after you repeatedly threw insults my way. I stand by what I said, even though it was deleted. Stop whining and grow a set. Not everyone is going to agree with you or your affection with Botch.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
I dropped one F bomb after you repeatedly threw insults my way. I stand by what I said, even though it was deleted. Stop whining and grow a set. Not everyone is going to agree with you or your affection with Botch.

Grow a set ?? what are you 10 ??????

just goes to prove they will let anyone on the internet

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/goat.gif

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Grow a set ?? what are you 10 ??????

just goes to prove they will let anyone on the internet

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/goat.gif

Well, you were the one crying about how poor wittle Botch was being treated.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, you were the one crying about how poor wittle Botch was being treated.

its official you are 10 .... to steal a line from W.C. Fields Get away from me kid you bother me

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
its official you are 10 .... to steal a line from W.C. Fields Get away from me kid you bother me

Then use the ignore button if you can't handle the interwebz.

Bluecoat96
11-26-2012, 09:39 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0vbSlqZbx1I/UHbi38qHt5I/AAAAAAAAAac/uTJ7acKTlXo/s1600/Good+ol+internet+fight.jpg

X-Terminator
11-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Sighs...this whole "Botch" thing was my fault anyway. If I would have just kept my cyber-mouth shut, this whole situation would have never gotten started.

stillers4me
11-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Eric, it's not your fault that adults do not act grown up and have to have the last word in every argument.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Then use the ignore button if you can't handle the interwebz.

I don't need a button I need a woodshed to teach a snot nosed kid how to behave

43Hitman
11-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't need a button I need a woodshed to teach a snot nosed kid how to behave

You really have no clue. Stop pouting and let it go all ready.

Count Steeler
11-26-2012, 10:11 PM
OK, I can see that this thread has run it's course. This thread is closed.