PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers turn to ageless Charlie Batch once again

Count Steeler
11-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Mike Wallace is in his fourth season with the Pittsburgh Steelers, so the wide receiver is familiar with all this talk about Charlie Batch.

Asked if it was at all concerning that the man throwing the ball to him on Sunday will soon be 38 years old, Wallace shrugged.

“He’s been old,” he said of Batch. “It’s not like he just got old. Chuck’s been old since I got here, so it’s nothing new.”

Neither is Batch making a fill-in start for his hometown Steelers (6-4), who are at Cleveland (2-8) this weekend. For the eighth time since he signed with Pittsburgh 11 years ago, Batch will be under center to begin a game for the Steelers.

No Steeler is older than Batch, whose birthday is Dec. 5. He spent the first four years of his career with Detroit, but only nose tackle Casey Hampton was with Pittsburgh before Batch arrived.

“They say Charlie built the building,” guard Willie Colon deadpanned. “That’s what I heard.”

Teammates might enjoy yukking it up when it comes to Batch’s age, but they’re happy they have him and more content than could be reasonably expected for an NFL team down to its third-string quarterback.

“I feel comfortable with Charlie,” Wallace said. “I feel like he can lead us to victory any game he plays in. Just two years ago when we played with him the first four games we were 3-1 so I’m excited about having Chuck out there.”

full story @ http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/pittsburgh-steelers-turn-to-ageless-charlie-batch-once-again/2012/11/22/fa5a33c0-3502-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html

ALLD
11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
He is one of the oldest players in the NFL, if not the oldest starter.

cold-hard-steel
11-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Chuck,he called him Chuck.Make us proud "Chuck" !!!!!!!!

salamander
11-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Go Charlie!

cold-hard-steel
11-24-2012, 11:01 PM
chuck hate is rampant 0n this site.And they all went crazy and they beat the old man.But he will stand there laughin in a voice that's loud as thunder.And i couldn't believe it,cause i never would listen to nobody else,just some things in this world you can't explain.

cold-hard-steel
11-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Charlie Batch,what can i say?He is our guy today.Come in and do what you do.Win us a game,we couldn't do it without you.You been here for a reason,though it's not all pleasin,soon we will just say horay!!!Go Mr.Batch.