PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick not to be suspended

Butch
07-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Didn't see this coming. Oh that's right he plays for philly not Pittsburgh. This is why I can't stand Go to Hell Godel there is no rhyme or reason to how he handles suspensions. Ben gets 4-6 on a shaky allegation and others who are caught redhanded are let go scott free. I am sure that a lot of this is media driven, and that in itself shows me the Go to Hell godell is nothing but a puppet. Look how he made spygate go away with no real penalties for the cheats. Tell me again that Go to Hell godell doesn't play favorites.

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/users/1511/85/18/49/smiles/818795.gif Go to Hell godell!!!

HometownGal
07-27-2010, 07:14 AM
From what I've read, I see Vick is still hanging out with his dog murdering homies, as one of them was shot in the leg at that party. Though Vick was not implicated in any of the "festivities" that went on, he "put himself in a bad situation" which is one of GoodHell's mantras for suspending Ben. Go fucking figure. :upyours: Goodell.

Wallace108
07-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Just heard Adam Schefter on ESPN say that the reason Vick wasn't suspended is because he didn't commit any crime and he wasn't charged with anything. The only thing the league could pin on him was using poor judgment. OH, REALLY?? :mad2:

SteelMember
07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
I guess if the DA would have pandered to the media more about "how he didn't prosecute morals", something more may have come of this.

fansince'76
07-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Vick....wasn't charged with anything. The only thing the league could pin on him was using poor judgment.

Now where have I heard that before? :scratchchin:

Nadroj 20
07-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Just heard Adam Schefter on ESPN say that the reason Vick wasn't suspended is because he didn't commit any crime and he wasn't charged with anything. The only thing the league could pin on him was using poor judgment. OH, REALLY?? :mad2:
Boy that sounds familiar....like the reason ben WAS suspended. This is a perfect example of how unconsistent that idiot Goody boy is.

vasteeler
07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
art II needs to be on the phone!!

steel striker
07-27-2010, 02:26 PM
No surprise there!! Can we fire Goodell somehow?? I guess the player conduct policy only applies to whomever Goodell feels it should. All we heard was if any player puts negative light on the shield that player would be held accountable. I guess when someone gets shot there is no negative light on the shield. Give me a break!!

st33lersguy
07-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Didn't see this coming. Oh that's right he plays for philly not Pittsburgh. This is why I can't stand Go to Hell Godel there is no rhyme or reason to how he handles suspensions. Ben gets 4-6 on a shaky allegation and others who are caught redhanded are let go scott free. I am sure that a lot of this is media driven, and that in itself shows me the Go to Hell godell is nothing but a puppet. Look how he made spygate go away with no real penalties for the cheats. Tell me again that Go to Hell godell doesn't play favorites.

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/users/1511/85/18/49/smiles/818795.gif Go to Hell godell!!!

Agreed,the lyers in the media was talking about how Ben should be suspended and about how horrible a person, and even using the racecard to justify suspending him, he is just because some worthless ho-bag wanted sympathy and attention, then the media sees no outrage in other players committing crime then they are not outraged when they get away with their crimes. Of course Goodell should have suspended all those players when all those facts were there, aswell. If there was any justice in this world Goodell would be working at a fastfood restaurant, all those criminals that Goodell didn't suspend would be in jail, and Ben would be playing all 16 games

steeldevil
07-27-2010, 03:56 PM
You got to be kidding me...:smash:

Mattsme
07-27-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.nasfall.com/firerogergoodell/default.html

HometownGal
07-27-2010, 04:23 PM
We should all flood GoodHell's office with emails in protest. :mad: Talk about double standards. :jerkit:

stillers4me
07-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Unfuckingbelievable.

salamander
07-27-2010, 06:12 PM
GO TO HELL, ROGER GOODELL!!!!

:upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours:

SteelCityMan786
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Roger Godell should have his office renamed to League Hypocrite.

X-Terminator
07-27-2010, 10:39 PM

You've got to be shitting me?

That son of bitch Goodell needs to be fired right now. What a fucking hypocritical sack of douche he is. :mad2: :upyours:

Let's see those who said Ben was "suspended for his own good" try to justify this one. This is EXACTLY what those of us who have vehemently disagreed with Ben's suspension has been trying to point out all along. Ben's suspension was pure bullshit, and this is just more proof.

MasterOfPuppets
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
its pretty obvious why ben got suspended . godell heard the usual racist accusation grumblings from the black community , so he offered them up the white man sacrifice.

tony hipchest
07-27-2010, 11:25 PM
its pretty obvious why ben got suspended . godell heard the usual racist grumblings from the black community , so he offered them up the white man sacrifice.
i hate to play the race card (unless its in jest) but in this case, i definitely agree.

6 freaking games???

kmsteelerwr15
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
This is seriously getting ridiculous!!!!! What I would give for a real commissioner.

Shea
07-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Vick was already suspended and it looks like he didn't do anything wrong this time to justify further punishment for this latest incident.

Am I the only one that gets more upset with the players and their behavior than throwing that anger at Goodell?

tony hipchest
07-28-2010, 12:12 AM
goodell shoved dan rooney outta the league and into a life of politics.

he's all about the corporate owners and screw the rest.

CantStop85
07-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Vick was already suspended and it looks like he didn't do anything wrong this time to justify further punishment for this latest incident.

Am I the only one that gets more upset with the players and their behavior than throwing that anger at Goodell?

It definitely would've been overkill to suspend Vick again for his situation, IMO. Yet, it does beg the comparison to Roethlisberger's circumstantial suspension.

I'll just say I'm glad I'm not the one faced with making these decisions. :chuckle:

Shea
07-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah, but it's been reported that Vick had left the restaurant before the shooting even occurred.

Ben was in Tahoe in that room with McNutty, and in that bar bathroom in Georgia with that awfully young girl.

Plus, I can't stress enough how much I believe the fact that the Rooney's were communicating with the Commish for quite awhile with their concerns about Ben which added to his suspension. Where is the outrage for them?

I believe Ben's suspension is more complicated than the public realizes, and I have a strong hunch that the Rooney's themselves don't have one iota of resentment against Goodell and his decision, unlike Steelers' fans. They were after saving Ben, and I think they just might have done that.

And they know a whole hell of a lot more about Ben than all of us put together.

tony hipchest
07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Plus, I can't stress enough how much I believe the fact that the Rooney's were communicating with the Commish for quite awhile with their concerns about Ben which added to his suspension. Where is the outrage for them?

why would there be outrage based on your speculation?

as for the vick situation, most people leave there guns in the vehicle when they go into a drinking establishment. when one person steps outside to their car (leaves) and someone gets shot up 3 minutes later upon departure, it definitely leads to suspicion.

Shea
07-28-2010, 12:37 AM
It isn't speculation, Tony.

I specifically remember reading that during the initial process. I didn't save or document where I got it from, but I didn't need to.

The fact that they were reaching out to Goodell stuck most in mind and that's why I remember it.

And don't get me wrong either on Vick.

Anyone who did what he did to animals should have never been allowed back in the league. He's disgusting, and I could go without ever having to see his face again.

Please don't get the impression that I'm justifying and finding a better person in that prick over Ben.

Ain't ever gonna happen.

steelerdude15
07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Yes, I also heard that the Rooney's were in contact with Goodell about suspending him too. Now, are we going to see the owners of all the other teams do anything, no we won't. That's because the Rooney's know how to run a football team. It does piss me off that Vick wasn't suspended, I believe he should have been. In all honesty, he never should have been allowed back into the NFL in the first place.... just another worthless punk that doesn't deserve the life style he has.

CantStop85
07-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Yes, I also heard that the Rooney's were in contact with Goodell about suspending him too. Now, are we going to see the owners of all the other teams do anything, no we won't. That's because the Rooney's know how to run a football team. It does piss me off that Vick wasn't suspended, I believe he should have been. In all honesty, he never should have been allowed back into the NFL in the first place.... just another worthless punk that doesn't deserve the life style he has.
That is one thing I find sort of interesting...a lot of Steelers fans complain about Goodell suspending Roethlisberger on the count of it being unfair and baseless, but all indications are that Art Rooney II would have also suspended him if given the chance.

Granted, he might not have suspended him for 4-6 games, but it definitely seems like he was in favor of disciplinary action. Would fans still be as outraged if it had been a Rooney doing the disciplining? I don't hardly think so.

And in case you don't believe me:

Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team is ready to discipline Ben Roethlisberger, but the punishment will be coordinated with the NFL and won't pre-empt any league action.
“Receiving the support of Pittsburgh Steeler fans all over the world is something that must be earned,” Rooney said Thursday.
“I've made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards,” Rooney said. “We've made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions. And Ben has indicated to us that he's willing to accept those consequences.”
The Steelers likely would have acted by now, but Rooney said the NFL's labor agreement makes that difficult.

stillers4me
07-28-2010, 05:45 AM
That is one thing I find sort of interesting...a lot of Steelers fans complain about Goodell suspending Roethlisberger on the count of it being unfair and baseless, but all indications are that Art Rooney II would have also suspended him if given the chance.

Granted, he might not have suspended him for 4-6 games, but it definitely seems like he was in favor of disciplinary action. Would fans still be as outraged if it had been a Rooney doing the disciplining? I don't hardly think so.

If Ben had ever been charged witha even one crime (like ummm......Ced Benson), then I'd be behind Goodell suspending him. But that was not the case. Since Goodell knew that the Rooney's were willing to punish him, so he should have stepped out of the situation after their meeting and let the Steelers handle it. Nobody,. not one Steelers fan would have had a problem with keeping it in the family, so to speak. Chris Henry was charged with 3 times before Goodell brought the hammer down on him. And then he got only 2 more games than Ben did. Henry was charged once involving minor girls (teenagers, not 20 year old women) and one gun felony.

fansince'76
07-28-2010, 06:17 AM

And in case you don't believe me:

I don't have a problem with Ben's suspension. I do have a problem with the apparent double standard that allows other players to get off without any disciplinary action whatsoever.

1. Does the shooting put the "league's image" in a bad light? Check.

2. Does Vick have a history of "poor decision making?" Check.

So where's the suspension?

X-Terminator
07-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah, but it's been reported that Vick had left the restaurant before the shooting even occurred.

Ben was in Tahoe in that room with McNutty, and in that bar bathroom in Georgia with that awfully young girl.

I believe Ben's suspension is more complicated than the public realizes, and I have a strong hunch that the Rooney's themselves don't have one iota of resentment against Goodell and his decision, unlike Steelers' fans. They were after saving Ben, and I think they just might have done that.

And they know a whole hell of a lot more about Ben than all of us put together.

OK then, would you have been happy if Goodell suspended Ben indefinitely? Because he was prepared to do that. Art II's involvement actually prevented that from happening. What about if he upholds the 6 games even if Ben complies with everything he was asked to do? At what point does this suspension become ridiculous in your mind?

I would not have cared one lick if the Rooneys suspended Ben themselves - in fact, I said back then that I would have preferred it. I know they would have been more than fair in their punishment. Goodell, however, has shown that not only is he unfair when it comes to suspensions, he's also about as consistent as the Pirates' starting pitching. If he would play the same heavy hand with Ben against anyone who "tarnishes the shield," I would not complain at all.

The suspension is complete bullshit, and I will continue to believe and say so - even more now than before. It's amazing to me that the league used the same reasoning to NOT suspend Vick that they used to suspend Ben, and you don't see a problem with it.

CantStop85
07-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Since Goodell knew that the Rooney's were willing to punish him, so he should have stepped out of the situation after their meeting and let the Steelers handle it. Nobody,. not one Steelers fan would have had a problem with keeping it in the family, so to speak.

I would agree, but the thing is...the Steelers probably would have had a hard time taking any disciplinary action against Roethlisberger. Art Rooney II had wanted to take action from the get-go, but with the NFL's labor agreement the most they probably could've done is given him a slap on the wrist. Any real suspension had to come from the league itself.

I don't have a problem with Ben's suspension. I do have a problem with the apparent double standard that allows other players to get off without any disciplinary action whatsoever.

That's completely justified. I'm just referring to people who think Ben shouldn't have been suspended at all, despite the fact that the people who actually know him through more than just a TV screen, (the team owners), wanted to discipline him as well.

kmsteelerwr15
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM

this

st33lersguy
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
You guys know that this hack will be at steelers training camp August 5th?? If any of you are there and see him boo him, and if you know anyone going on that date tell them to boo him

SMR
07-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Impeach Goodell already! Sheeeeeeeeesh!! :yell:

Shea
07-28-2010, 08:47 PM

From my understanding, and I could be wrong, but Vick went to a restaurant to celebrate his birthday and after leaving there was an incident that didn't envolve him and couldn't have obviously since he wasn't there.

No suspension therefore is justifiable.

OK then, would you have been happy if Goodell suspended Ben indefinitely? Because he was prepared to do that. Art II's involvement actually prevented that from happening. What about if he upholds the 6 games even if Ben complies with everything he was asked to do? At what point does this suspension become ridiculous in your mind?

No, I wouldn't have been happy with that and I missed that information stating that this was his original intent and the Rooney's prevented it from happening. Where did you get that idea/info?

If Ben continues to tow the line and keeps himself out of trouble, then yes, I'll be seriously pissed at Goodell if Ben isn't reinstated after four games.

I would not have cared one lick if the Rooneys suspended Ben themselves - in fact, I said back then that I would have preferred it.

I actually prefer the Commish handing down the punishment.

Ben has shown in the past to be a sulky, grudge-holding individual and with the way the situation played out means dodging that bullet, and preserves what is left of his and the Rooney's relationship.

They've had enough problems with him, why add on?

fansince'76
07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
From my understanding, and I could be wrong, but Vick went to a restaurant to celebrate his birthday and after leaving there was an incident that didn't envolve him and couldn't have obviously since he wasn't there.

That's not the way I understood it.

Minutes before the shooting that interrupted his 30th birthday party, Eagles QB Michael Vick had to be restrained by friends and placed in a limousine after he had a heated exchange.

The report also mentions that once he was inside the limo, Vick exited the vehicle to confront someone. Although the Eagles' brass had recently backed off reports that the team was planning on releasing Vick in light of the shooting incident, ESPN's Chris Mortensen believes that if any verification of Vick's alleged confrontation surfaces, he could be "in jeopardy" with both the Eagles and the NFL.http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38137069/ns/sports-player_news/

Goodell on Vick

Commissioner Roger Goodell (http://topics.philly.com/topic/Roger_Goodell) said the NFL (http://topics.philly.com/topic/NFL) is “still gathering the facts” about a shooting outside a restaurant hosting a party thrown for Eagles (http://topics.philly.com/topic/Philadelphia_Eagles) quarterback Michael Vick’s 30th birthday last Thursday in Virginia Beach (http://topics.philly.com/topic/Virginia_Beach), Va., according to a Fox Sports report.
The shooting victim, Quanis Phillips, was a co-defendant in the dogfighting case that caused Vick’s 1 1/2-year incarceration and 34-game NFL suspension. Phillips was hospitalized Thursday night and discharged Friday.
Goodell confirmed what police told the Daily News on Friday, that Vick “is not a focus” of the ongoing investigation. However, he might have violated the terms of his probation and NFL reinstatement if he is found to be associating with Phillips.
Said Goodell: “Obviously, we’ve got to look and see whether there was any violation of policy.” http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Goodell_on_Vick.html (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Goodell_on_Vick.html#ixzz0v24du7BW)

Lessee, the guy gets shot outside of the restaurant where Vick's birthday party was being held, Vick would not only be in violation of the terms of his NFL reinstatement, but also his probation if he were found to be associating with said person, but still no suspension? I guess it was all just a big coincidence that he was there and that he and Vick weren't associating with each other at all?

X-Terminator
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
No, I wouldn't have been happy with that and I missed that information stating that this was his original intent and the Rooney's prevented it from happening. Where did you get that idea/info?

If Ben continues to tow the line and keeps himself out of trouble, then yes, I'll be seriously pissed at Goodell if Ben isn't reinstated after four games.

It was in a story posted over at SF not long after the suspension was announced. Goodell was seriously considering suspending Ben indefinitely, but after the talks with Art II, he decided that a conditional 6-game suspension was "fair." Had he suspended Ben indefinitely, I'm convinced even the Steelers fans most outraged at his behavior would have been up in arms.

I actually prefer the Commish handing down the punishment.

Ben has shown in the past to be a sulky, grudge-holding individual and with the way the situation played out means dodging that bullet, and preserves what is left of his and the Rooney's relationship.

They've had enough problems with him, why add on?I wouldn't call a suspension by the team with a stern warning that his next fuck-up would be his last as a Steeler "dodging a bullet." That's basically what he got from Goodell with the Rooneys' blessing, so what's the difference? He could have still held a grudge since the team was heavily involved with the league in handing down his suspension. It doesn't matter one way or the other if he held a grudge, because he has absolutely NO leverage with the team. The deal was either he gets his act together, or his career with the Steelers, and maybe in the NFL, is over. Period.

Shea
07-28-2010, 09:04 PM
What I read was much different than that.

Looks like his ass should have been suspended afterall.

Actually, how about throwing his douche ass out of the league permanently!?

Shea
07-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't call a suspension by the team with a stern warning that his next fuck-up would be his last as a Steeler "dodging a bullet." That's basically what he got from Goodell with the Rooneys' blessing, so what's the difference? He could have still held a grudge since the team was heavily involved with the league in handing down his suspension. It doesn't matter one way or the other if he held a grudge, because he has absolutely NO leverage with the team. The deal was either he gets his act together, or his career with the Steelers, and maybe in the NFL, is over. Period.

But I personally believe his ego thinks that he does have leverage and he views himself as being "the team".

Previous relationships - Whiz, Cowher, Bradshaw, etc. - tells me that he doesn't care who anyone is or what their importance to a team or franchise means. You hurt his little feelings and he won't let it go. He sulks.

His head got so inflated, and that is the main reason I support this suspension.

Deflating that head of his and hopefully waking his ass up as well, will result in him realizing that he alone isn't the Pittsburgh Steelers and never will be.

Atleast that's what I'm hoping for.

fansince'76
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
But I personally believe his ego thinks that he does have leverage and he views himself as being "the team".

Previous relationships - Whiz, Cowher, Bradshaw, etc. - tells me that he doesn't care who anyone is or what their importance to a team or franchise means. You hurt his little feelings and he won't let it go. He sulks.

His head got so inflated, and that is the main reason I support this suspension.

Deflating that head of his and hopefully waking his ass up as well, will result in him realizing that he alone isn't the Pittsburgh Steelers and never will be.

Agreed. I had no problem with Ben's suspension. I just want to see a little more consistency from the Commissioner, that's all.

steeldawg
07-28-2010, 09:28 PM

I dont understand this??? When has ben not helped the team, all this guy has done since they put him on the field is win. So he has an ego what superstar doesnt, how can you support a six game suspension which puts our season in jeapordy, simply because you think hes cocky. I want him to be cocky i want him believing that he cant be beat, why are people so hellbent on taking that edge away. I dont care about ego I dont care if he think hes jesus christ, all i care about is can he win games.

X-Terminator
07-28-2010, 09:43 PM

Nothing deflates your head quite like having your entire career hanging in the balance.

Any more petulance or "grudge-holding" would have gotten him thrown off the team. He had to change his attitude...or else. I don't think the Rooneys gave him any other option, and they would have given him the same option had they been the ones to suspend him. Remember, they were going to do it, but weren't sure of the CBA rules and how severe the punishment could have been. Sounds to me like they didn't care about Ben throwing a temper tantrum had they put their boot in his ass.