PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger no longer using arm sling

zulater
11-22-2012, 06:16 AM
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2995381-85/steelers-feels-burress-practice-lot-age-alabama-ankle-auburn-batch

Ben Roethlisberger is missing the sling he wore for a week to protect his still-healing upper chest/shoulder/rib injury.

He moved his right arm normally and didn’t appear to be in significant pain, as he looked to be last week. He did not talk with reporters Wednesday.

Coach Mike Tomlin expressed optimism Tuesday that his quarterback was healing quickly. There still isn’t a time frame for his recovery, partly because no other NFL player of recent vintage has had the injury.

salamander
11-22-2012, 06:57 AM
All I ask is that he doesn't get rushed back before he's actually ready to go.

GBMelBlount
11-22-2012, 07:12 AM
agreed.

Psycho Ward 86
11-22-2012, 11:39 AM
great sign. that rib worries me more though

Edman
11-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Hold out for Cleveland and yes, even Baltimore.

polamalubeast
11-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I want that Roethlisberger play in Baltimore IF I can play

Devilsdancefloor
11-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Id rather have him sit out the ratbirds game. i know they will attack his weakness his rib every chance they get, so let him sit out and then bring him back and win out

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Id rather have him sit out the ratbirds game. i know they will attack his weakness his rib every chance they get, so let him sit out and then bring him back and win out

I would too. From everything that the doctors have said, I think that's too early and it will be a very physical game.

polamalubeast
11-22-2012, 01:19 PM
The Steelers have no chance of winning in Baltimore without Roethlisberger

The Steelers are not sure to make the playoffs and the game against the ravens can be very important, especially if the steelers lose against the browns

If Ben can play, he must play

GoSlash27
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
I want Ben to sit out as long as he needs to be 100%. There's no sense in re-aggravating this injury just in time for the playoffs.

steelerdiva
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
great sign. that rib worries me more though

IKR? That is some scary stuff. If he comes back before he's ready and if he gets a nasty hit....ugh! I don't even want to think about it.

siss
11-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Lets also keep in mind that Big Ben is now a papa as well and has to consider being there for Junior...and puncturing his aorta would not be good!

cold-hard-steel
11-23-2012, 11:46 AM
We can win without Ben for now.Play-offs are a different matter.We will see how good we really are in the coming weeks.Defense is playing thier roll,now comes the special teams,and the running game to step up to the plate We are an entire team.I actually like to see what we can bring in a Ben-less offense.

steel striker
11-23-2012, 02:42 PM
If it were up to me I would rest Ben atleast past the ravens game. Sometimes you have to save players from themselves. Look I know how importatnt that game is going to be but, you can't risk Ben's life for a football game. I still think the steelers are going to make the playoffs and, hopefully Ben will be ready for the playoff run.