PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin facing a dilemma with Roethlisberger: When is too late, too soon?

stillers4me
11-21-2012, 05:05 AM
As it stands right now, the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/pittsburgh-steelers) hold the No. 6 seed for the playoffs, and would face the Denver Broncos (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/denver-broncos) in Denver.

Of course, the Steelers have to make it to the playoffs for this to be an issue, and it looks like Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1630/ben-roethlisberger) will have to make it back onto the field for them to make the playoffs.

And therein lays the dilemma in Tomlin’s choice..........

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/11/21/3673744/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-injury-news-updates-status-fantasy-football-week-12-cleveland-browns

Count Steeler
11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Sorry, not buying this doom and gloom just yet. No telling what would have happened with a healthy Lefty, or with Batch playing the second half. We held a decent offense to 6 points, of which 3 were a gift.

Let's see what happens this week. Cleveland has a decent defense and we will be on the road. The Batch debate should also be settled on Sunday.

steeldawg
11-21-2012, 05:13 AM
I agree we lost that game to the ravens but they sure as hell didnt beat us. We can still go on a run without Big Ben.

Seven
11-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Judging by what I saw the other night, with Batch starting - here is how I say the next six games go.

@Cleveland: W
@Baltimore: W
Vs. San Diego: W
@Dalls: W
Vs. Cincinnati: W
Vs. Cleveland: W

Seriously. I could see us winning out. I think we might lose one of those games, but two at the most? Which puts us at 10 wins. I don't see what everyone is so worried about. Defense is playing lights out, Dwyer is rolling and the rats are overrated. Get into the playoffs and let Ben do the rest. I feel very confident about the rest of the regular season.

GBMelBlount
11-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Judging by what I saw the other night, with Batch starting - here is how I say the next six games go.

@Cleveland: W
@Baltimore: W
Vs. San Diego: W
@Dalls: W
Vs. Cincinnati: W
Vs. Cleveland: W

Seriously. I could see us winning out. I think we might lose one of those games, but two at the most? Which puts us at 10 wins. I don't see what everyone is so worried about.

Defense is playing lights out, Dwyer is rolling and the rats are overrated. Get into the playoffs and let Ben do the rest.

I feel very confident about the rest of the regular season.

I agree. With the way our defense is playing I could see us winning 4 or 5 of the next 6 games which should put us in the playoffs.

Let Ben get fully healthy if at all possible and don't make the same neanderthal decision to bring Ben Back too early that cost us the first play off game last year.

Steeldude
11-21-2012, 07:21 AM
All I know is the Browns' game doesn't look to be an easy one. They are division opponents and the Steelers play down to inferior opponents.

The defense needs to keep up the pace and the O-line needs to keep opening holes.

X-Terminator
11-21-2012, 07:34 AM
All I know is the Browns' game doesn't look to be an easy one. They are division opponents and the Steelers play down to inferior opponents.

The defense needs to keep up the pace and the O-line needs to keep opening holes.

Are the Browns really all that inferior, though? They play pretty good defense and have been in every game they've played this year. Their problem has been coaching and Brandon Weeden thinking he's Brett Favre.

I also do not see them winning out. I think the most they'll win is 4 games, and even that is pushing it. We'll just have to see.

Pristas
11-21-2012, 07:52 AM

Usually I agree we play down to lesser teams. However, once we lose a star like Ben, everyone else generally steps up a little higher. Case in point; the defense on Sunday. I think we will score as many TDs as Batch can get us down the field. We are going to put up a lot of points Sunday. And our defense will be as stingy as ever. In fact, it looks like we may even be developing a bit of a pass rush. Imagine that. Please, please, please LeBeau, leave Heyward in there.

plenewken
11-21-2012, 08:29 AM
"However, once we lose a star like Ben, everyone else generally steps up a little higher."

Everyone else? Definitely not the O and ST last Sunday, I'm just sayin'........

steel striker
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Don't play Ben till he is healthy meaning don't risk his life over this season.

86WARD
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Even going 4-2 and winding up 10-6 should still easily get them into the playoffs. Who is their closest competition? Cincy? San Diego? They play both of them and if they handle their business there, they should be in.

SteelGhost
11-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Don't rush Ben, he must play until he's healthy. Maybe the last Cinci and Cleveland games to shake the rust for the playoffs :noidea: