PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger doubtful, but Steelers "encouraged" by his status

polamalubeast
11-20-2012, 01:51 PM
The Steelers signed quarterback Brian Hoyer on Tuesday, which sent a pretty good sign that neither Ben Roethlisberger nor Byron Leftwich will be healthy enough to play this Sunday.

Coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that later in the day when he ruled out Leftwich and termed Roethlisberger doubtful to play against the Browns. Tomlin had some better news in terms of Roethlisberger’s overall recovery from the rib and shoulder injuries that kept him out of the Week 11 loss to the Ravens.

“He had an additional test done today and all things are very positive in terms of where he is,” Tomlin said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “We’re encouraged about his status.”

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/ben-roethlisberger-doubtful-but-steelers-encouraged-by-his-status/

zulater
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I really don't believe Tomlin's injury assessment's, so I'll wait until I hear something from Ben before anticipating his imminent return.

Psycho Ward 86
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I really don't believe Tomlin's injury assessment's, so I'll wait until I hear something from Ben before anticipating his imminent return.

why? tomlin always tells it how it is. Ben sometimes amplifies the severity of injuries and sometimes doesnt. id rather get information from the consistent source.

zulater
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
why? tomlin always tells it how it is. Ben sometimes amplifies the severity of injuries and sometimes doesnt. id rather get information from the consistent source.

He has Ben listed as doubtfull. Same as he had him last week at this time when every one and their brother knew Ben was Out! Tomlin downplays injuries all the time. Almost to the point that he comes across as if he's in denial.

Ben knows his body. Name me the time that he lied about his game availibility prior to a game.

Edman
11-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I already knew Ben was going to sit this one out too.

Psycho Ward 86
11-20-2012, 04:06 PM
He has Ben listed as doubtfull. Same as he had him last week at this time when every one and their brother knew Ben was Out! Tomlin downplays injuries all the time. Almost to the point that he comes across as if he's in denial.

Ben knows his body. Name me the time that he lied about his game availibility prior to a game.

Hmm. Good point.

Count Steeler
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Did Ashley have the baby yet?

Dwinsgames
11-20-2012, 05:18 PM

nope

HollywoodSteel
11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Ben claims to have been dealing with a lingering death condition since the beginning of last season and underwent off-season cremation. Tomlin claims to be unaware of any injury. The truth lies somewhere in between.

fansince'76
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Ben claims to have been dealing with a lingering death condition since the beginning of last season and underwent off-season cremation. Tomlin claims to be unaware of any injury. The truth lies somewhere in between.

:chuckle:

tube517
11-20-2012, 08:44 PM

The death condition will be miraculously cured after the Ben v2.0 is born.