PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Injury Report: Antonio Brown & Troy Polamalu Deemed Questionable For Browns

polamalubeast
11-20-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-injury-report-antonio-brown-troy-polamalu-deemed-questionable-for-browns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

86WARD
11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Tomlin just finished up an interview and said that Brown had an encouraging workout today.

Psycho Ward 86
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
sounds good for baltimore in 2 weeks to me. I wonder how this pass defense will be with Troy back...sounds funny, but i remember whispers on here that maybe keep Will Allen in there quite a bit since we've been doing so well with him. I hope troy makes us that much better...plus helps us get turnovers. Just one damn loose ball in that ravens game and we might have come out on top.

polamalubeast
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Troy Polamalu was not good against Denver, but it was against Peyton Manning.......I have no doubt that the Steelers are a better team when Polamalu is healthy

steeldawg
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
at least with polamalu back we will have 1 guy in the secondary who can catch.

steelreserve
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM
The defense has been playing so well lately that I'd rather not rush Troy back if he's not 1,000 percent ready. I've seen too many times where he comes back and he's limited and ineffective, and then the injury hangs around that way for the rest of the season. Better to wait until at least the Baltimore game if there's any doubt at all.

steeldawg
11-20-2012, 05:17 PM
The defense has been playing so well lately that I'd rather not rush Troy back if he's not 1,000 percent ready. I've seen too many times where he comes back and he's limited and ineffective, and then the injury hangs around that way for the rest of the season. Better to wait until at least the Baltimore game if there's any doubt at all.

Ya honestly the defense is the least of my worries right now

Count Steeler
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Troy should not go unless he is 100%. The secondary is doing fine in his absence. The only area that may improve would be a couple of splash plays, but he would probably re injure himself anyways.

fansince'76
11-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Or he aggravates the injury and sits out completely for six or seven more games. Agreed. If he's anything less than 100%, keep him sitting down.

Psycho Ward 86
11-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Or he aggravates the injury and sits out completely for six or seven more games. Agreed. If he's anything less than 100%, keep him sitting down.

or have him at least suit up if someone goes down. God knows shit hits the fan when its "Mundy time" :lol:

86WARD
11-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Troy Polamalu was not good against Denver, but it was against Peyton Manning.......I have no doubt that the Steelers are a better team when Polamalu is healthy

It was against a very rusty Peyton Manning and frankly, Polamalu vs. Peyton has never really affected Polamalu's play in a negative manner.

No need for Polamalu to even suit up against the Browns. Until he can participate in a full practice, without limitations, for an extended period of time, there shouldn't even be thoughts of him hitting the playing field. We all saw how that worked out in the Super Bowl.

Seven
11-24-2012, 07:00 AM
That's great, but I'd rest both of them this week. The Browns are more talented than we're used to, but they still suck. If we can't beat them without Brown and Troy anyway I don't think we're going anywhere. I'd rather have them full speed against the Ravens.

steelpride12
11-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Rest Troy, Rest Brown. These two guys are those kind of playmakers that win you Super Bowls. In no way should either of them be back until they are 100% even if that means missing the Baltimore game and so on. Risking bringing them back early will only mean Troy or Brown possibly getting re-injuried late in the season which would be a killer and put a damper on our chances in the playoffs.

polamalubeast
11-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Steelers Injury Report: Antonio Brown Questionable, Troy Polamalu Doubtful

The Pittsburgh Steelers wrapped up their practice preparations on Friday for their week 12 road game Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

The final injury report is now out on Friday and it shows quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder), tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), quarterback Byron Leftwich (ribs), and wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (ribs) all listed as out as expected.

Safety Troy Polamalu (calf) practiced some on Friday for the first time since Oct 5th, but is still listed as doubtful on the Friday injury report and not expected to play Sunday.

Wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) was limited for a third straight day this week and is listed as questionable on the Friday injury report. Brown told reporters that he had a really good practice and said that if head coach Mike Tomlin lets him, he might just play Sunday.

Running back Isaac Redman (concussion), safety Will Allen (shoulder), defensive end Ziggy Hood (back0, and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester all practiced fully on Friday and all are listed as probable. Hood had been limited on Thursday after failing to work on Wednesday.

Guard Willie Colon was added to the injury report as probable on Friday after being limited with an injured knee. The injury is not expected to force him to miss the game Sunday.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers-vs-cleveland-browns/f/f1c52333-ac72-4bae-98a5-44418fb8014f/?source=twitter

86WARD
11-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown told reporters he's hoping to return to the field Sunday when the Steelers take on the Cleveland Browns in Week 12.

Already listed as out are quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger (right shoulder and ribs) and Byron Leftwich (ribs), offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) and WR Jerricho Cotchery (ribs).

Safety Troy Polamalu practiced on a limited basis Friday, but is still listed as doubtful for Sunday's game.

RB Isaac Redman (concussion) passed all tests, and is listed as probable while defensive end Ziggy Hood, who missed time earlier this week with a back injury, practiced fully and is expected to play Sunday.

Left guard Willie Colon (knee) missed Wednesday and Thursday, but practiced on a limited basis Friday and looks to play Sunday.

Source: SBNation.com (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/11/24/3684838/steelers-injury-report-week-12-cleveland-browns-antonio-brown-isaac-redman-fantasy-football)

steeldawg
11-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey alright i hope brown does come back because all these games down the strech are big games.

oneforthetoe
11-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Our pass d has been pretty good without Troy, but our d is surely better with him. First, it is possible Troy is more important to our run d than he is too our pass d. How many times has Troy caught a runner in their backfield? Or at the very least, strung a runner out along the line until the pursuit caught up? The backers and linemen get all the credit (or blame recently) for our run d, but our dbs, particularly Troy, play a big role.

Second, with Troy we can get more exotic with the d. Maybe it doesn't matter against overrated Vick, or inconsistent Flacco, but against the truly elite qbs it definitely matters.

I do agree with those above. Let Troy get healthy. If we can make the playoffs under any circumstances with a healthy Ben and Troy, I think we can make a lot of teams nervous.

P.S. sorry for calling you surely.