PDA

View Full Version : Cook: No one better than Tomlin to deal with Steelers' challenges

Galax Steeler
07-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Maybe Steelers coach Mike Tomlin won't make the same money as Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt. Maybe Tomlin doesn't have Whisenhunt's job security, although -- considering the Steelers' history with coaches -- that point is debatable. If Tomlin is happy with his new contract extension, I'm happy. I'm thrilled that he's going to be the Steelers' coach through at least the 2013 season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10208/1075607-87.stm#ixzz0urznl3vM

HometownGal
07-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Tomlin proved he could coach in '08 when the Steelers won that Super Bowl. His best moment that season came in December after running back Willie Parker complained about the team getting away from "Steelers football" by not running the ball enough. Responded Tomlin, firmly, publicly and very much in control, "Every morning I come to work, I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning." Beautiful, just beautiful.

Couldn't have said it better myself Coach T. :applaudit:

I know I'm damned happy to have Mike Tomlin as the coach of my beloved Steelers. He'll do what he needs to do to right the ship - I have no doubt about it. :thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
07-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Coach T. :applaudit:

I know I'm damned happy to have Mike Tomlin as the coach of my beloved Steelers. He'll do what he needs to do to right the ship - I have no doubt about it. :thumbsup:

Hear, here!