PDA

View Full Version : The Defense seriously has to be pissed.

Edman
11-18-2012, 10:45 PM
They shut down Flaccid, Rice, and crew, and more than made up for last year's debacle. They put on a show tonight.

They were let down by a completely ineffective QB going up against the 27th ranked Defense. No, no excuse for Lefty.

Questions about this team's toughness weren't in question, but they aren't going anywhere without Ben.

polamalubeast
11-18-2012, 10:46 PM
this is very frustrating

The defense is incredible since the game against the Bengals

tube517
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
They were let down by the Special teams and an out of shape glass QB

Boh
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Good game guys. sloppy, terrible football on both sides. just another AFC North football game.

Devilsdancefloor
11-18-2012, 10:49 PM
The d played very well i believe K Lewis needs to get some praise. i thik it is more of a haley not letting them run the ball more it was working the rats where wearing down

steelreserve
11-18-2012, 10:51 PM
The offense just absolutely sucked shit. It wasn't even like Baltimore was playing great defense. We were just terrible and disorganized and our QB was missing wide-open guys. Throwing the ball 90 mph does not help anything if you're skipping it in the dirt or nailing DBs in the back.

Edman
11-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Good game guys. sloppy, terrible football on both sides. just another AFC North football game.

No diss, but this was not "another AFC North football game". Ravens-Steelers games were better than this. This wasn't a Defensive slobberknocker. It was one incompetent road team squeaking out against an incompetent QB. Neither team made big plays to seal the win or anything like that.

There's a difference between a hard fought defensive game and a lame slopfest. Tonight was the latter.

Seven
11-18-2012, 11:15 PM

I want to agree, but that was a shitty game. Not because the Ravens won, it jut was. Every unit sucked tonight except Pittsburgh's defense. Worst Steelers-Ravens game in a long tome.

stillers4me
11-18-2012, 11:21 PM
The defense is much improved....except in one area.

Turnovers. That would have been the difference maker in a game like this one. Our defense used to win games when the offense was struggling.

Boh
11-18-2012, 11:25 PM
It was one incompetent road team squeaking out against an incompetent QB.

i dont know about all that. thats a bit much

Your offense coughed it up twice to us too. Special teams was a factor as well.

Craic
11-18-2012, 11:30 PM
They shut down Flaccid, Rice, and crew, and more than made up for last year's debacle. They put on a show tonight.

They were let down by a completely ineffective QB going up against the 27th ranked Defense. No, no excuse for Lefty.

Questions about this team's toughness weren't in question, but they aren't going anywhere without Ben.

The defense should really keep their mouth shut in the locker room if they are.

Denver

Raiders

Titans.

Defense has no room to talk about giving up a game. One side picks up the other. Tonight the defense picked up the offense. The offense put up 10 points, the defense kept the other team to 6 points. That should have won the game.

Special teams sucked.

GodfatherofSoul
11-18-2012, 11:41 PM
The defense did everything to bait Bert into an INT. he just didn't throw one.

zulater
11-18-2012, 11:46 PM
The defense should really keep their mouth shut in the locker room if they are.

Denver

Raiders

Titans.

Defense has no room to talk about giving up a game. One side picks up the other. Tonight the defense picked up the offense. The offense put up 10 points, the defense kept the other team to 6 points. That should have won the game.

Special teams sucked.

The defense wont talk or point fingers because they're too classy to do that.

But bringing up games from 6 weeks ago to disparage them? Really?

Outside of not creating turnovers this defense has been tremendous since the Titans game. 5 straight games of terrific defense! Way to go D!

Psycho Ward 86
11-18-2012, 11:51 PM
You know what wouldve helped? A turnover. One. Just one fucking turnover. This defense is a clone of last year's except the pass defense is actually legitimate now. Wins against strong teams like this arent going to come if shit hits the fan and we cant get turnovers.

steelreserve
11-19-2012, 03:05 AM
The defense did everything to bait Bert into an INT. he just didn't throw one.

Yeah he did. Ike dropped it.

Count Steeler
11-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Yup. We let one slip away. I knew we could win last night, but be it Lefty or the game plan, we did not give ourselves the best opportunity to succeed.

Crow-Magnon
11-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Steelers defense played lights out. No question about it. It will be interesting to see if they get the same results in two weeks. For some inexplicable reason the Ravens play like SB champs at home on offense, and like a sandlot team on the road. I will not be surprised if they lose to a sub-par Chargers team next week.

GoSlash27
11-19-2012, 06:14 AM
The frustrating thing about this one is that it was close enough that a single play in any phase of the game could've flipped the outcome. That includes the defense.

Craic
11-19-2012, 11:10 PM

Outside of not creating turnovers this defense has been tremendous since the Titans game. 5 straight games of terrific defense! Way to go D!

Context is your friend.

The title of the thread is "The defense seriously has to be pissed."

My response is, in short, "if they are, they need to keep their mouth shut because they've given up three games this year. However, the defense did pick up the offense tonight - and the offense at least put up enough points to win with what the defense gave them. Then, special teams happened."

How you get from there to "disparage them," I have no idea, since I wasn't depreciating them, or lowering them in rank; I was simply stating the fact that if the scenario in the OP was true, the defense has no room to talk.

Come on Zu, I know that . . . nevermind. I just noticed that you posted this last night. I'd be interested to see what you're response to this post would have been today.

Steeldude
11-20-2012, 03:26 AM
When will the offense and defense both click in the same game?

Psycho Ward 86
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM

pressure? sacks?

GoSlash27
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Closer to home, they had knock-downs that could have been picks. They had ill-timed offsides penalties at inopportune times. Change any one play and this game could've gone the other way. The players understand that, and they also understand that this game is done and the time for recriminations has passed.
It's back to the laboratory and come out with more win.

Craic
11-20-2012, 10:24 PM
When will the offense and defense both click in the same game?

About three minutes before Jesus returns.

polamalubeast
11-25-2012, 01:04 PM
agree