PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich

GBMelBlount
11-18-2012, 08:58 PM
There is a reason he is not .500 in the nfl.

...and you have seen it in the first half of tonights game.

He is the antithesis of finesse.

Let's pray he gets in a groove the 2nd half and throws a few more long balls.

fansince'76
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Gonna be a long (at least) 3 weeks with Ben out...

zulater
11-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Gonna be a long (at least) 3 weeks with Ben out...

Unless Batch saves the day we'll be 0-3 in those games.

st33lersguy
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
They need to put Batch in, especially if his shoulder is hurting him. You guys should remember, Byron Leftwich is an NFL draft bust. He lost his starting job to David Fricking Garrard, and Garrard lost his job to Josh McCown

polamalubeast
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
This is painful to watch....Terrible on 3rd down

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
can you say stinking it up ? ....

I can ...

GBMelBlount
11-18-2012, 09:11 PM
can you say stinking it up ? ....

I can ...

It may be adrenaline and trying TOO hard.

Hope he can settle down.

Edman
11-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Lefty feeling the pressure of a big rivalry game and is trying way too hard is what his problem is.

The Ravens aren't throwing anything at him, he's just freaking out over nothing. He'll get it together. He has to.

zulater
11-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Make us eat some crow Byron! Do something!

polamalubeast
11-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Terrible decision on the last play

st33lersguy
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Next week, why don't the Steelers try to start a more capable QB and try to lure turnover tommy maddox out of retirement, Sheesh.

GBMelBlount
11-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Leftwich was injured but it does not excuse him throwing the ball too hard.

He was beyond terrible tonight.

The more critical the play / down the worse he played.

Whether we win or lose I hope we do not play him again.

Just my honest opinion.

fansince'76
11-18-2012, 10:27 PM
It was like watching Kordell Stewart all over again tonight.

Edman
11-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Doesn't matter if you have a cannon arm if you're not accurate.

GBMelBlount
11-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Agreed...and I hope all those who slandered Batch are happy.

Not the ones who said they simply preferred Lefty but the ones that called Batch names as though NOTHING could be worse than Batch.

The irony.

Count Steeler
11-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Have to go with Batch next week.

Devilsdancefloor
11-18-2012, 10:38 PM

QFT,

X-Terminator
11-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Agreed...and I hope all the bone heads who slandered Batch are happy.

Not the ones who said they simply preferred Lefty but the bone heads that acted as though nothing could be worse than Batch.

The irony.

You can call me whatever the hell you want, I don't want Batch starting and my mind will not be changed after tonight's performance. So you can just stuff it.

polamalubeast
11-18-2012, 10:42 PM

Kordell was at least a good RB

Shoes
11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Well flaco still sucks! :chuckle:

zulater
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Have to go with Batch next week.

I bet they wont though. They'd rather lose proving they're smarter than everyone else. The only way we'll see Batch is if Byron is too injured to answer the bell. The fact that he went on the field for the last drive, and was allowed to tells you who will start in next week's loss to the Browns.

- - - Updated - - -

You can call me whatever the hell you want, I don't want Batch starting and my mind will not be changed after tonight's performance. So you can just stuff it.

Tsk tsk! And you a mod.

We'll all be "stuffing" another loss in our Christmas stockings if Leftwich is allowed to take the field against the Browns.

Charlie Batch wins games. Who needs style points. We need wins.

X-Terminator
11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Tsk tsk! And you a mod.

We'll all be "stuffing" another loss in our Christmas stockings if Leftwich is allowed to take the field against the Browns.

Charlie Batch wins games. Who needs style points. We need wins.

I don't give a shit. I don't like or appreciate being called a bonehead simply because I don't want Batch starting.

st33lersguy
11-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Considering how hard-headed this stupid coaching staff is and the fact that the terms "Benching ineffective players" and "adjusting plans" are as foreign a concept to them as life without electricity, I guarantee you fat Mark Malone starts

steelreserve
11-18-2012, 11:18 PM
This performance was seriously on par with Maddox's one-game comeback in '05 when he completely lost his shit and had to split time with Randle El until Ben got back. A game that defines you as "done playing at an NFL level." If they start Leftwich again, they need their heads examined. Batch is no sunny day at the beach, but at least he gives us a better chance than THAT.

zulater
11-18-2012, 11:23 PM
This performance was seriously on par with Maddox's one-game comeback in '05 when he completely lost his shit and had to split time with Randle El until Ben got back. A game that defines you as "done playing at an NFL level." If they start Leftwich again, they need their heads examined. Batch is no sunny day at the beach, but at least he gives us a better chance than THAT.

Good post.

SteelMayhem72
11-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Honestly im gonna take a better game manager at QB and thats batch. Remember those 2 timeouts we burned quickly that all on leftwich!!

zulater
11-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Honestly im gonna take a better game manager at QB and thats batch. Remember those 2 timeouts we burned quickly that all on leftwich!!

Yep sure was.

Count Steeler
11-19-2012, 05:12 AM

Got to give some blame to the sidelines on those calls. Looked like the plays were not coming in fast enough.

plenewken
11-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Putrid play by Leftwich. Besides a miracle rushing TD that nobody saw coming, not even him, the rest was awful.

stillers4me
11-19-2012, 05:35 AM
What did you guys expect of of Byron??

That he was going to torch their anemic secondary and run touchdowns in himself???????????????? :scratchchin:

Austin87
11-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Lefty played poor today, but nobody seems to mention anything about the offensive line, or more specifically the play of Mike Adams. Adams got schooled today, his pass blocking was horrible.

Drazo85
11-19-2012, 07:32 AM
There is a reason Leftwich is a backup in NFL, and he showed that last night. His injury bothered him all night, line was not blocking as well as in the past few games (some of this goes on Lefty, because of his long release and awkward throwing motion) and WR have not stepped tonight. There was drops, fumbles, missed routs and injury to Cotchery also played a role in a loss. Sure Byron sucked last night, but im sure some of us here expected such game from him. You guys bashed Byron days before game even started, and now youre complaining about his play. IMO it wasnt entirely his fault we lost the game, and i have my doubts that Batch would have done better if he was on the field.