PDA

View Full Version : new to this forum

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
been online since 1994 talking Steelers football to anyone that would listen , my old Steelers football home has all but dried up after about 7 years of chatter and 15k posts later I am basically homeless ( only in terms of a place to chat Steelers ) going to have a look around here and see how it goes .. I do see a few familiar names from my old home so who knows ....

Seven
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey, welcome to the board. Pretty new here myself. Hope you enjoy the conversation here.

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 10:26 AM
thanks man

stillers4me
11-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to SU! :tt03:

86WARD
11-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Welcome. Great message board you've found here...especially if you are into the "Hate Wallace," "Love Wallace" talk...lol. welcome.

tube517
11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Welcome!

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 10:46 AM
thanks guys , who knows ... this may in fact become my new home for Steelers talk but I must say leaving the comforts of familiararity is not going to be an easy adjustment .... someone once said change is good but I am not convinced they where not speaking of their underwear when saying that LOL ...we'll see how it goes

zulater
11-18-2012, 11:11 AM
thanks guys , who knows ... this may in fact become my new home for Steelers talk but I must say leaving the comforts of familiararity is not going to be an easy adjustment .... someone once said change is good but I am not convinced they where not speaking of their underwear when saying that LOL ...we'll see how it goes

Dwins!!!! Welcome to the board!!!!:whoo:

This is a great addition to our board folks! I hope you post here often dwins! :drink:

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
thanks Zu , haven't talked to you in quite some time .hope all is well ..wondered where you vanished to LOL

Seven
11-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Yeah, I think most of us have gone through that transition once or twice over the years. It's always tough when you decide that it's time to move on from a board.

zulater
11-18-2012, 11:35 AM
thanks Zu , haven't talked to you in quite some time .hope all is well ..wondered where you vanished to LOL

So the DBI board finally finish it's death throes?

That was a great board in it's time. But too many of the best posters just walked away from it.

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 11:41 AM
So the DBI board finally finish it's death throes?

That was a great board in it's time. But too many of the best posters just walked away from it.

it is still there .. just not nearly active enough as of late , steady decline for whatever reason ( wish I knew why )

got old posting something and 8 hours later it might have a few views and 1 reply and you may not see another new post till the next day ....

a real shame draft steel was a great place in its time DBI might be folding as well since BigC got a new gig at rant sports

Polamalu Princess
11-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Welcome. This is a great board.

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
again , Thank You ..

one thing I have noticed you all sure go out of your way to make a new poster welcome :thumbsup:

Hindes204
11-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome aboard!!

smokin3000gt
11-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Welcome, D! We know how you feel, most of the posters here (me included) came from another board that went through new ownership. It sucked because it was a place we considered home but it all worked out for the better and here we are. BTW be sure to check out the gameday thread during the games. :drink:

salamander
11-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the Universe!

Count Steeler
11-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the board. Since you are a friend of Zu, we will have to keep our eye on you! :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

X-Terminator
11-19-2012, 11:15 AM
again , Thank You ..

one thing I have noticed you all sure go out of your way to make a new poster welcome :thumbsup:

Can't have quality members if we don't! And if zulater says you're OK, then you're OK with me. Welcome! :drink:

Dwinsgames
11-19-2012, 11:40 AM
thanks

Devilsdancefloor
11-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the board! We usually have twinkies in the snack room, but i think when Zu heard they where going out of business he took them all :lol:

Godfather
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Maybe you should bring in a couple of the memes from your old board so you can feel more at home here :)

Dwinsgames
11-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe you should bring in a couple of the memes from your old board so you can feel more at home here :)

a few of them are here ( such as Zu ,Hollywoodsteel, darthspartans20 , and some other names that where part of the board I came from but not sure they are in fact the same people yet or not )
... I would not try and lore them away from there anymore than I would try and lore some from here to get that place flowing again .. Just would not be the right thing to do , if they want to leave they can always find me through twitter or google or simply PM me there and it will email me the fact I got a PM .... I still have to drop in from time to time to make sure spammers did not attack the site and ban them I promised them that I would atleast still do that for them

Heinz Hitman has also joined us making 5 members total from the old board here now , maybe home is where you make it ?

Hawkman aka Lemonhead is here too !!! so 6 and counting

Dwinsgames
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the board! We usually have twinkies in the snack room, but i think when Zu heard they where going out of business he took them all :lol:

Yea sound about right LOL

Steeldude
11-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Yea sound about right LOL

What was the old board's name or link?

Dwinsgames
11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
What was the old board's name or link?

Not sure if I am permitted to post the link to another forum but what the hell at this point it is pretty much irrelevant the board has been down for 2 days and the owner has not got back to me ( I was the only one with access to admin controls other than him that still went to keep it clean ) and now nobody can access the site , he may never fix it ??? http://draftsteel.com/ff/ was started by a bunch who got tired of the way we where treated at Steelers.com years and years ago , every time we would link an article or get to draft specific and link a prospect info page we would get it removed and scolded ... so we left there around 2004 for draftsteel aka draftboardinsiders ( its original name but that turned into the draft specific site and the forums then moved to draftsteel ) .... hopefully if it stays down the rest of that crew will find us here some really good posters and people where left behind ....

if the powers that be here have issue with this post , feel free to delete it , no hard feelings just trying to answer a direct question as best I can

Steeldude
11-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Not sure if I am permitted to post the link to another forum but what the hell at this point it is pretty much irrelevant the board has been down for 2 days and the owner has not got back to me ( I was the only one with access to admin controls other than him that still went to keep it clean ) and now nobody can access the site , he may never fix it ??? http://draftsteel.com/ff/ was started by a bunch who got tired of the way we where treated at Steelers.com years and years ago , every time we would link an article or get to draft specific and link a prospect info page we would get it removed and scolded ... so we left there around 2004 for draftsteel aka draftboardinsiders ( its original name but that turned into the draft specific site and the forums then moved to draftsteel ) .... hopefully if it stays down the rest of that crew will find us here some really good posters and people where left behind ....

if the powers that be here have issue with this post , feel free to delete it , no hard feelings just trying to answer a direct question as best I can

The Steelers.com board was bad. If you didn't agree with the mods you were banned. It's just as bad as the Scout.com board.

I originally came from the RealPittsburgh.com board back in '98

Glad to have you aboard.

Dwinsgames
11-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Mojouw is posting here now too , so 6 of us have made the journey now ..feeling more like home every day

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers.com board was bad. If you didn't agree with the mods you were banned. It's just as bad as the Scout.com board.

I originally came from the RealPittsburgh.com board back in '98

Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks man http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/drinks.gif

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 10:36 AM
I am in guys. Just joined. For my new board family members, I am Primantibro1. I came from the same place as Zu, Dwins, & Co. For the SU folks, thanks for having me (us) and I am glad to be a part. Like D said above, it will be hard adjusting, but this ain't our first rodeo and I look forward to learning, contributing, and just kind of shooting the old shnizz. I will get a photo and some boiler plate quote stuff on my profile so I am official.

Count Steeler
12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I am in guys. Just joined. For my new board family members, I am Primantibro1. I came from the same place as Zu, Dwins, & Co. For the SU folks, thanks for having me (us) and I am glad to be a part. Like D said above, it will be hard adjusting, but this ain't our first rodeo and I look forward to learning, contributing, and just kind of shooting the old shnizz. I will get a photo and some boiler plate quote stuff on my profile so I am official.

Welcome aboard. But every post you make is going to make me crave a Primanti Bros sandwich. I will have to get there soon. My stomach is growling. Good thing they put one in Grove City. At least when I take my wife shopping, I get rewarded with a meal at Primantis.

fansince'76
12-03-2012, 11:03 AM

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Where do I add my avatar picture and an "inspirational" quote? I see the personalize profile prompt but no upload photo prompt or anything. (yeah, I am a writer and if it's not word, it takes me a long time to figure it out.)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome Count. Glad to be here and looking forward making some new friends in the process. Sorry about the sandwich thing, but you'll get used to it ;)

fansince'76
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Where do I add my avatar picture and an "inspirational" quote? I see the personalize profile prompt but no upload photo prompt or anything. (yeah, I am a writer and if it's not word, it takes me a long time to figure it out.)

Up towards the top of the page on the right, click on "Settings." In the page that comes up on the left-hand side towards the bottom of the page, you'll find settings for Edit Avatar and Edit Signature.

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks Fan. Glad to be here.

Dwinsgames
12-03-2012, 11:09 AM

welcome Bro !!

glad ya came over

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome aboard. But every post you make is going to make me crave a Primanti Bros sandwich. I will have to get there soon. My stomach is growling. Good thing they put one in Grove City. At least when I take my wife shopping, I get rewarded with a meal at Primantis.

Grove City is just 40 min from me , heh we are almost neighbors LOL

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 11:10 AM
gracias

Dwinsgames
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
gracias

gonna have to paypal you some money one of these day to send me some Garcias buritto's packed in dry Ice

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
gonna have to paypal you some money one of these day to send me some Garcias buritto's packed in dry Ice

You'd be surprised ... there are some hole in the wall spots here that would do you righteous. But happy to oblige!

Count Steeler
12-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Grove City is just 40 min from me , heh we are almost neighbors LOL

I live just east of Toronto, but we come to Grove City and the 'burgh 2-3 per year.

zulater
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Never heard of the guy? :noidea:

:wink02:

I keed, welcome aboard primabro! Glad to see you found your way over! :bananalama:

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
That is one good lookin' Bananalama Zu. Is she yours?

Devilsdancefloor
Welcome to the board

Dwinsgames
I live just east of Toronto, but we come to Grove City and the 'burgh 2-3 per year.

Toronto Ohio , or Canada eh ?

primantibro1
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the board

Thanks Devils

Count Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Toronto Ohio , or Canada eh ?

Canuck, eh!

Master Blaster
07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Alright, I'm here. I came in kicking and screaming, but I'm here.

fansince'76
07-23-2013, 11:41 AM

Dwinsgames
07-23-2013, 02:16 PM

welcome brother .... 17 of us total here now

Master Blaster
07-25-2013, 06:33 AM
What the... VIP, ZIP, WHOOOSH, ZING, Slip, THWOP, BANG! Doh! I didn't see that first step.

ALRIGHTY! I found my way here! Where's the fridge? Got any Yuengling? I smell paint.

I certainly hope there are some adults around here. I've had my fill of the abject lunacy and immature comments from the intellectually challenged fans on other sites. Hence the reason why I am reluctant to start anew at another fan site. I'll kick the tires and check under the hood on this one, for a while.

Hey Primontibro1, You left the bathroom light on back at Draftsteel. That's ok. I got it. By the way, you forgot to flush. I had to use two air fresheners after you left. Did you eat TWO Roethlisbergers?

So this is where Zu's been hiding. Sssup, Zu? Long time no hear from.

NJarhead
07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
^ hahaha. I like this guy already. Plus, he's got a great rack.

Master Blaster
07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
^ hahaha. I like this guy already. Plus, he's got a great rack.
Thanks, NJarhead.

That well endowed beauty, Denise, in my avatar does, indeed, have a magnificent rack. A great rack is like a bag of Lay's potato chips. You can't eat just one. :hungry:

Speaking of magnificent, The following is a photo of the Golf Channel's, "Morning Drive" show, co-host, Holly Sonders:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/MBlaster1/maar09-holly-sonders.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MBlaster1/media/maar09-holly-sonders.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/MBlaster1/maar07-holly-sonders.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MBlaster1/media/maar07-holly-sonders.jpg.html)

Master Blaster
07-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I failed to mention that a drool cup is highly recommended while viewing Holly's photos. It helps prevent shorting out your keyboard.

zulater
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM
What the... VIP, ZIP, WHOOOSH, ZING, Slip, THWOP, BANG! Doh! I didn't see that first step.

ALRIGHTY! I found my way here! Where's the fridge? Got any Yuengling? I smell paint.

I certainly hope there are some adults around here. I've had my fill of the abject lunacy and immature comments from the intellectually challenged fans on other sites. Hence the reason why I am reluctant to start anew at another fan site. I'll kick the tires and check under the hood on this one, for a while.

Hey Primontibro1, You left the bathroom light on back at Draftsteel. That's ok. I got it. By the way, you forgot to flush. I had to use two air fresheners after you left. Did you eat TWO Roethlisbergers?

So this is where Zu's been hiding. Sssup, Zu? Long time no hear from.

Hey MB! Glad to see you found your way over here!:rockon:

Be some good football talk going on here soon.

fansince'76
07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I guess I better give MB access to the Night Club... :chuckle:

zulater
07-25-2013, 12:00 PM
I guess I better give MB access to the Night Club... :chuckle:

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/11-SU-Night-Club

Master Blaster
07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Hey MB! Glad to see you found your way over here!:rockon:

Be some good football talk going on here soon.
Thanks, Zu. I'm looking forward to getting into some good football talk. Lord knows Dwins and I are the only ones that post at D.B.I. with any sort of regularity. Now that D. is over here it's gotten to the point that it's like talking to myself. I'm glad to see some familiar names and avatars over here.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/11-SU-Night-Club
:peep: Holy Schnike! That thread can lead to blindness... and calluses!

Dwinsgames
11-20-2013, 10:17 AM
1 year 2 days since first login ...

Glad to now call this home

Count Steeler
11-20-2013, 04:15 PM
1 year 2 days since first login ...

Glad to now call this home

Happy Anniversary. Glad you are here.

Dwinsgames
11-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Happy Anniversary. Glad you are here.

Dwinsgames
04-19-2015, 06:40 PM
won't be around here much going to try and get the old forum going again , hit me up there or on twitter

thanks to all those who made this place feel like a second home , but now it is time to go home

God Bless you all

86WARD
04-19-2015, 07:18 PM
?

Dwinsgames
04-19-2015, 07:54 PM
?

its just time , no hostility , no hurt feelings ..

will still lurk a bit here and there maybe even say hey but my heart is over at draft steel

Dwinsgames
04-21-2017, 05:54 PM
cats out of the bag ... I'm back

Bluecoat96
04-21-2017, 05:58 PM
I knew it! [emoji6]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

smokin3000gt
04-22-2017, 12:50 AM

so why'd you secide to let the cat out now? :boink: