PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings...

steeldevil
07-26-2010, 07:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

steelers are behind the cardinals and giants.... ESPN for ya. Whatever, keep underselling us.

silver & black
07-26-2010, 07:43 PM

steelers are behind the cardinals and giants.... ESPN for ya. Whatever, keep underselling us.

I agree. The Steelers should be ahead of the Cardinals and the Eagles... neither has a proven QB.

I agree with where they ranked the Raiders, even though they haven't done anything to be ranked that high... the teams ranked below them are just worse...lol.

polamalubeast
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM

in 2004, the steelers were classified 26th but they finished with a 15-1 record!:lol::upyours::tt03::usa2::pointlaugh::rang er::countdown:yawn::coffee::jerkit::rolleyes2::too funny::crazy::crazy::crazy::smash::doh2::cry02::fl ipoff::boink::juggle::amen:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2004&week=0

RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
1 (0) Patriots 14-2-0 Corey Dillon might be a pain, but the Patriots have to figure that as long as they're winning, they can get a good season or two out of him.
2 (0) Eagles 12-4-0 With some big offseason acquisitions -- Terrell Owens and Jevon Kearse -- it's Super Bowl or bust for Donovan McNabb and the Eagles.
3 (0) Colts 12-4-0 We're still not sure the defense is good enough to win it all, but with Peyton Manning at QB, the Colts will be in contention at the end of the season.
4 (0) Broncos 10-6-0 We're assuming the Mike Shanahan can find a capable back to replace at least some of Clinton Portis' production.
5 (0) Chiefs 13-3-0 Doesn't look like the defense got any better which isn't a good thing.
6 (0) Seahawks 10-6-0 With solid additions on defense (Bobby Taylor and Grant Wistrom) and a young, explosive offense, the Seahawks enter 2004 as the favorites in the NFC West.
7 (0) Falcons 5-11-0 Ranking is obviously high based on last season, but with a healthy Michael Vick the Falcons should be heading back to the playoffs.
8 (0) Panthers 11-5-0 Another run for the Cats or the next franchise to go from Super Bowl to subpar?
9 (0) Ravens 10-6-0 Terrell Owens would have really helped on a team that still figures to struggle throwing the ball.
10 (0) Titans 12-4-0 One of these years, all the pounding and injuries are going to catch up to Steve McNair. Could this be the year?
11 (0) Dolphins 10-6-0 The Dolphins are still calling Jay Fiedler their starter, but A.J. Feeley was brought in to win the job.
12 (0) Packers 10-6-0 As long as Brett Favre is throwing the football, the Packers will be in contention in the NFC North.
13 (0) Vikings 9-7-0 Vikings players probably still have a bitter taste in their mouths about how last season ended and a trip to the playoffs could be the only thing that will wash it away.
14 (0) Rams 12-4-0 Marc Bulger might have made the Pro Bowl last season, but he has to be better than he was last season when he threw and NFL-high 22 INTs.
15 (0) Cowboys 10-6-0 A veteran could be on the way, but for now, the QB situation has to be a bit of a concern for Cowboys fans.
16 (0) Buccaneers 7-9-0 Some of the big names -- John Lynch and Warren Sapp -- might be gone, but expect the Bucs to be back in the playoff hunt.
17 (0) Bengals 8-8-0 We're still scratching our head a little at the Chris Perry pick. Marvin Lewis is obviously smarter than we are, but it seems like there might have been some other players that would have been more of an immediate help.
18 (0) Redskins 5-11-0 Will this be the season all of Washington's offseason spending finally pays off?
19 (0) Raiders 4-12-0 Warren Sapp and Ted Washington should help turn around that 30th-ranked defense.
20 (0) Jaguars 5-11-0 If the defense can maintain the level it showed last season, the Jags could be fighting for a playoff spot.
21 (0) Bears 7-9-0 Lovie Smith has to be tempted by Kurt Warner, but we're not sure he's the right fit to mentor Rex Grossman, who doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder.
22 (0) Saints 8-8-0 Deuce McAllister is as good as it gets at RB. But that hasn't been enough to get the Saints to the playoffs.
23 (0) Bills 6-10-0 Willis McGahee's progress will be one of the most interesting storylines to watch this offseason.
24 (0) Jets 6-10-0 Added speed on defense should help, but the Jets need Chad Pennington healthy from start to finish or all the speed in the world on defense won't help.
25 (0) Lions 5-11-0 OK Joey Harrington, you've got some weapons now, so people are going to be expecting some results.
26 (0) Steelers 6-10-0 Could another playoff miss end Bill Cowher's 12-year run in Pittsburgh?
27 (0) Texans 5-11-0 They still have some holes, but have a potentially explosive offensive trio in David Carr, Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis.
28 (0) Browns 5-11-0 Kellen Winslow is going to have an impact, but all that talk comparing him to LeBron James by his agents was just silly.
29 (0) Giants 4-12-0 In this scenario the Giants would end up sending the Chargers the No. 4 pick in next year's draft.
30 (0) Cardinals 4-12-0 Their wide receivers will be fun to watch, but the Cardinals still have a long way to go.
31 (0) 49ers 7-9-0 49ers could be fighting it out with the Cardinals this year in the NFC West -- and that's not for first place.
32 (0) Chargers 4-12-0 The weather is great and all, but we're not sure we'd want our son playing for the Chargers, either.

Killer
07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
The first four to six games without QB Ben Roethlisberger could make or break their season.

No shit, Sherlock

86WARD
07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Steelers love being in this "Us Against The World" position...

SteelerEmpire
07-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Last year they actually rated the team too high... But this is the year of the comeback...

Dodt
07-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Enough
Stupid
Power
numbers
W-L the only numbers i care about

kmsteelerwr15
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Good so we get to prove ESPN wrong once again

MasterOfPuppets
07-27-2010, 01:00 AM
I agree. The Steelers should be ahead of the Cardinals and the Eagles... neither has a proven QB.

I agree with where they ranked the Raiders, even though they haven't done anything to be ranked that high... the teams ranked below them are just worse...lol.

and neither do the
viking - even if farve returns he's 1 year older and the wheels are falling off
cowboys - does 1 playoff win validate romo the choke artist ?
jets - they ditched a lot of starters , and sanchez hardly showed a glimmer of greatness
sanfran - sure they're up and coming but i.m not banking on alex smith to all the sudden become a probowl contender
miami - on paper they've improved but are they turning the keys over to henne, or are they gonna stick with the wildcat shit ?
tenn - if you go back and look at the stats of the other 5 players who rushed for 2000 , you'll notice none came anywhere close to repeating it the following season ... vince young played better a few games but i'm not sold.

silver & black
07-27-2010, 05:59 AM
and neither do the
viking - even if farve returns he's 1 year older and the wheels are falling off
cowboys - does 1 playoff win validate romo the choke artist ?
jets - they ditched a lot of starters , and sanchez hardly showed a glimmer of greatness
sanfran - sure they're up and coming but i.m not banking on alex smith to all the sudden become a probowl contender
miami - on paper they've improved but are they turning the keys over to henne, or are they gonna stick with the wildcat shit ?
tenn - if you go back and look at the stats of the other 5 players who rushed for 2000 , you'll notice none came anywhere close to repeating it the following season ... vince young played better a few games but i'm not sold.

Yep... all valid points. I'm not a big fan of power rankings. There are too many variables that can go right or wrong for any team. As they say... that's why they play the games.

SirHulka
07-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Case in point. Last year, the Steelers had one of the 'easier' schedules (on paper) in the league and barely finished above .500.

Talking heads do just that. Talk.

steel striker
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM
It seems that espn, nfl network, and most all other media outlets are a bunch of steeler hater's. It was like in 2008 even when the golden boy went down the media even hated to mention the steelers. I really hope our guys somehow win it all this year and, the media can eat crow.

SteelGhost
07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
The Falcons, 49ers, Fins, Titans, Eagles, Cards and Texans above The Steelers.....gimme a break :ranger:

HometownGal
07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
The Falcons, 49ers, Fins, Titans, Eagles, Cards and Texans above The Steelers.....gimme a break :ranger:

Pretty much my sentiments exactly, although I strongly feel the 49ers are going to win the NFCW this season over the Cards.

Screw 'em. I love it when these pickleheads have our boyz flying under their gaydar before TC has even started. :lol:

steeldevil
07-27-2010, 04:32 PM

All those teams are more reasonable than the Giants IMO. If their D does not improve they will be last in their division... I have no problem with the 49ers, Fins, and Texans being above us... because of the Ben situation. The rest you listed are def questionable.... Of course none of this even matters anyway... Im ready for some football!!!

Killer
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
We gotta beat Tampa Bay with Lefty - I'm getting tickets for that one in Tampa in Sept.

salamander
07-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Fine. Whatever... let ESPN rank us low.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it'll be all that much sweeter when we prove 'em all wrong.

The Duke
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Should be 32 imo

Just spark a bigger fire under them ESPN. I dare ya

ShoeHorn
07-27-2010, 10:58 PM
We gotta beat Tampa Bay with Lefty - I'm getting tickets for that one in Tampa in Sept.

I can't wait for that one! I will be there too... I got a feeling we won't be seeing Lefty at qb though. Surely Byron will get hurt during the first 2 games, because getting injured is what he does best. So, I'm thinking it will be the Dennis Dixon show week 3 in Tampa. Either way, the Bucs are toast!!

JayC
07-28-2010, 07:23 AM
i take these pre-rankings with a grain of salt just like i said about bleacher report a minute ago in another thread. if anything this is a good thing because if we do happen to stink this year it will be expected and if we are good all the haters will be eating their words. i'm sure idiot ratbird fans already think they won the division because of these power rankings, hopefully we can put a dagger in their hearts :)

SteelGhost
07-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Pretty much my sentiments exactly, although I strongly feel the 49ers are going to win the NFCW this season over the Cards.

Screw 'em. I love it when these pickleheads have our boyz flying under their gaydar before TC has even started. :lol:

:drink::tt03:

SteelGhost
07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
All those teams are more reasonable than the Giants IMO. If their D does not improve they will be last in their division... I have no problem with the 49ers, Fins, and Texans being above us... because of the Ben situation. The rest you listed are def questionable.... Of course none of this even matters anyway... Im ready for some football!!!

Yep, as HTG and you said, the 49'ers can improve and win their division, maybe I'm overlooking them :noidea:

100% with the Giants, they'll have a tough year.

polamalubeast
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
vikings 3rd
Cowboys 4th:ranger::ranger::ranger:
Bengals 11th
texans 14th
cardinals 15th
eagles 17th
steelers 19th:crazy:
chiefs 27th
buccaners 30th
Rams 32th

polamalubeast
12-28-2010, 12:26 PM
The Cowboys are loaded and will look to secure a Super Bowl "home game." (Clayton):toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Randy06
12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
And thats why the games are played haha!

CPanther95
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
5 of the bottom 8 teams are entering week 17 with a chance at the playoffs - or a spot locked up.

The number 19 and 21 ranked teams are the likely #2 seeds.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2010, 12:37 PM
5 of the bottom 8 teams are entering week 17 with a chance at the playoffs - or a spot locked up.

The number 19 and 21 ranked teams are the likely #2 seeds.

so is life in the NFL at this juncture

tube517
12-28-2010, 12:47 PM
John Clayton looks like Chicken Little. I fixed the quote for accuracy.

The Cowboys are loaded with quitters and will look to secure a Super Bowl block of tickets to buy for the last "home game." (Clayton):toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

tube517
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
"we're a little about annoyed at the premature reporting of our death"

so is life in the NFL at this juncture

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2010, 01:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4aFAm6LPnQ4/S8SkGxk_oMI/AAAAAAAAArM/WpeRkBAgR4g/s1600/ZombieWalk.jpg

Back from the Dead!!!