PDA

View Full Version : your level of confidence in Leftwich?

polamalubeast
11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Do you have confidence that Leftwith will at least give us a chance to win in the coming weeks?

Or you are afraid that Leftwith will be very bad and the steelers will make a collapses like the bears last year without Cutler?.....If the steelers lose against the browns in week 12, it could be a big disaster

I would be surprised if the Steelers win the division, but if Leftwith is not bad, the Steelers will surely make the playoffs(with a 9-7 record or better) and I hope after that Ben will be back for the playoffs

The schedule for the rest of the year

Ravens
@ Cleveland
@ Baltimore
Chargers
@ Dallas
Bengals
Browns

thought?

SCSTILLER
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
My confidence in Leftwich isn't high, but looking at the schedule we could easily finish out 5-2. I seriously think that we beat the Ravens Sunday night, lose the rematch to them, and our other loss is to the Cowboys (oh how it pains me to type that). Now this is just a gut feeling and have no facts to back up my gut.

st33lersguy
11-16-2012, 02:42 PM
No confidence in Leftwich. He hasn't played a full game since 2009, he has durability problems, he is too immobile, and the time it takes hm to wind up and release a pass is longer than it takes Casey Hampton to run the 40 yard dash. Also exactly what has he done over the 5 years or so to give me reason that he can perform and pick up the slack for Ben. Batch at least has done that whenever we needed him

Edman
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
The only concern I have with Leftwich is that he has a glass body and is immobile. When you look at the guy's play he isn't that bad. He's just very fragile. Give him a chance to shake his rust off and we'll see what he can do, and he has done good things.

Ben will be back sooner than we think. With a guy like him, 4-6 Weeks = 3 Weeks at the most.

Texasteel
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I for one think that Lefty is a capable QB. It can't be easy to be thrown in to a difficult game, like the one Monday. I would say that I am guardedly confident.

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2012, 04:17 PM
4-3 or 3-4 for me. my confidence level for him is just a bit higher just because we have an offensive coordinator willing to adapt to the situation instead of being brash and inefficient, say, throwing the ball 40 times in 30mph winds and shitty weather :lol:

GodfatherofSoul
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm starting to feel really good about this game. The Ravens seem to be in the mindset that they're going to win by default. Leftwich is our #2 for a reason, so I have to assume that he's going to play better than Batch (5-2). Lefty has a chance to shock the world!

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm starting to feel really good about this game. The Ravens seem to be in the mindset that they're going to win by default. Leftwich is our #2 for a reason, so I have to assume that he's going to play better than Batch (5-2). Lefty has a chance to shock the world!

Well, at least Baltimore.

GoSlash27
11-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I have very high confidence in Lefty. My only concern about him is his resilience, especially his legs.

steel striker
11-16-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm feeling good about Lefty why not? He is a very capable QB and, I hope he tears it up Sunday night.

Shoes
11-16-2012, 06:45 PM

I'm optimistic and also feel good about this game. I think Lefty will do well.

Edman
11-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I think Ben being out will force this team to raise it's level of play, knowing he can't bail them out. At least that's what I'm hoping.

tube517
11-16-2012, 09:04 PM
I have confidence in Leftwich.

As far as him staying healthy........

salamander
11-16-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm quite confident in Leftwich for now.

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I have confidence in the Steelers. If they keep playing like a team, they can win against anyone.

Maybe this week Sanders/Rainey/Gilreath can get us some points off ST. As long as the yellow laundry stays in the officials' pants.

GBMelBlount
11-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Of the current backup QB's on our roster he is in my top two for sure.

Moose
11-17-2012, 04:57 AM
Oh no....with all of this center stage happening, Ben out, Lefty in, Ratbirds game, all eyes on Heinz.......now they say they will be wearing the THROWBACKS !!! ugh, I hate throwbacks !!!

86WARD
11-17-2012, 06:36 AM
I have low expectations. I think the team will rally, maybe win the Ravens game, probably lose but keep it close. But I don't think they can rally around Byron for the rest of the season...

86WARD
11-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Of the current backup QB's on our roster he is in my top two for sure.

Lol

steel striker
11-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Plus Lefty has had a week to prepare for this game and, last week was tough bad weather windy no excuse just the truth. I'm sure everybody will step and play lights out they better if they want to win this game. I still say if the oline can protect Lefty open a few holes for our playmakers there is no reason why we can't win this game.

touchdownward
11-17-2012, 09:56 AM
No confidence in Leftwich. He hasn't played a full game since 2009, he has durability problems, he is too immobile, and the time it takes hm to wind up and release a pass is longer than it takes Casey Hampton to run the 40 yard dash. Also exactly what has he done over the 5 years or so to give me reason that he can perform and pick up the slack for Ben. Batch at least has done that whenever we needed him
This is the reason I have reservations with Leftwich. Defenses can read that as quickly as reading a Cliff Note. I'm hoping Haley stays with the run game and short passes with an occasional deep one to keep the D honest. For this reason, if we have to come from way behind, we're doomed.

Mamaduck43
11-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I have confidence in Leftwich - - I remember reading an article after SB XLIII where someone from the Steelers Coaching staff said that Lefty's role as the Cardinals QB in practice and scrimmage games was invaluable to the team and helped our win.... Byron is a smart QB - - skilled and able to lead... I do think that the O-line will have to step up to protect him - - you know that the birds will be gunning for him big time....

The one good thing is that we won't have to worry about a season ending injury happening to Ben this weekend - - always a thing to think about when we play them.....

I am cautiously optimistic... And get "Renegade" cued up early and often......

zulater
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
At the moment? None.

polamalubeast
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
very,very low

Count Steeler
11-18-2012, 09:02 PM
To be fair, his shoulder is probably bothering him.

zulater
11-18-2012, 09:03 PM
To be fair, his shoulder is probably bothering him.

If so why is he in there?

Count Steeler
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
If so why is he in there?

Maybe Batch isn't ready. His shoulder seems to be causing him discomfort. They keep showing him working on it.

Tomlin or Haley has to make the call.

fansince'76
11-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Greatly diminished after the first half tonight. Thankfully he hasn't thrown any picks, though.

Dwinsgames
11-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Charlie Batch should be the one starting .... PERIOD

salamander
11-18-2012, 10:25 PM
We're definitely missing Ben out there.

zulater
11-19-2012, 12:00 AM
To answer the question posed by the thread. Negative 300.

- - - Updated - - -

To answer the question posed by the thread. Negative 300.

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2012, 12:03 AM
good fucking christ. we throw against what, the 27th ranked pass defense in the league with a significantly injured ed reed and haloti ngata, plus no lardarius webb, jimmy smith, or ray lewis, and thats what we get? smh -_-'

st33lersguy
11-19-2012, 12:13 AM
anyone still have confidence in leftwich? hope not

steelreserve
11-19-2012, 02:59 AM
fucking zero. I mean 0 Kelvin. -273.15 degrees Celsius. Nothing. The guy is done.