PDA

View Full Version : Teammates have confidence in Leftwich

stillers4me
11-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Losing a starting quarterback could send panic waves through an NFL locker room, but that isn’t the case with the Steelers thanks to their depth.

The team will be without Ben Roethlisberger this week after he sprained the sternoclavicular (SC) joint in his right shoulder, but to a man every player has confidence in Byron Leftwich, who will step in and start against the Ravens on Sunday night at Heinz Field.

“He is more than capable of pulling this game out,” said guard Willie Colon. “We believe in him. As a line we have to do our job and make sure he has time to get the ball out. We have to run the ball effectively so he isn’t back there trying to be Superman. We have to have a balanced attack. We just have to do our part. We know Byron, the receivers and the running backs are going to do their part. As a line we have to be hard-nosed and be ready to go.............

read more @ http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/14/teammates-have-confidence-in-leftwich/

GoSlash27
11-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Fun fact: Lefty has a 107 QB rating under center as a Steeler. :gossip:
Don't tell anyone!

X-Terminator
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Fun fact: Lefty has a 107 QB rating under center as a Steeler. :gossip:
Don't tell anyone!

Come on man, why would you ruin a perfectly good bashfest? Whassamattayou??? :buttkick:

GoSlash27
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Come on man, why would you ruin a perfectly good bashfest? Whassamattayou??? :buttkick:

Honestly, I'm not worried about his windup or his lack of mobility. He has great judgement, vision, accuracy, and an absolute cannon for an arm. Plus he knows the playbook.
What I'm worried about is his stick figure legs. I expect him to do a good job for as long as we can keep him in the game.

Moose
11-16-2012, 06:15 AM
We all know that if EVERY Steeler player does HIS part (offense and defense) this team is awesome. Remember the Giants game ? Every player was firing on all cylinder's and were unstoppable. The rats can be beat Sunday night with Lefty at the wheel. It's just that we can't expect him to do it on his own, it's going to have to be a total team effort. I believe if we come out at game start, hit the rats early and often, we can dictate the game results. NO consevative shit !!

zulater
11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Honestly, I'm not worried about his windup or his lack of mobility. He has great judgement, vision, accuracy, and an absolute cannon for an arm. Plus he knows the playbook.
What I'm worried about is his stick figure legs. I expect him to do a good job for as long as we can keep him in the game.

Given Lefty's history as a Steeler he's likely to break his ankle going out for the pre game coin flip.

tube517
11-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Given Lefty's history as a Steeler he's likely to break his ankle going out for the pre game coin flip.

Even worse, if Gilbert's around...