PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Running Back Rashard Mendenhall Will Play Sunday Night vs. Ravens

Count Steeler
11-15-2012, 06:17 PM
It’s been an up-and-down year for Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall. He started the year off with a torn ACL from the previous season. Then he came back and scored a TD in his first game back. Yay! In the next week or so, he busted up his Achilles. Not so good.

But, he’s getting better news now. According to several reports, Mendenhall will start on Sunday night vs. the Baltimore Ravens.

“Isaac Redman said it looks like Rashard Mendenhall will start at running back against Ravens,” tweets Gerry Dulac.

story at http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/mendenhall-start-sunday-night

Heard this on the radio as well.

X-Terminator
11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Over-under on the Mendy hate flowing through - 2 carries.

steelerdude15
11-15-2012, 09:14 PM
I hope he's ready to go and isn't being rushed back because Ben won't be playing.

Craic
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
SteelerDude - I agree, I hope so as well. However, if this is true, and he's truly ready, that's is great news. The difference in speed and power when Mendy decides it's time to run the ball is amazing. If that line can open up a few holes like they did against the Giants and the Bengals, it's going to be a very good game for Mendy. If not, it's going to be a very long night.

86WARD
11-17-2012, 06:39 AM
If it keeps Redman off the field, I'm good with it...lol.

GBMelBlount
11-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Mendy's been averaging 4 ypc and the Ravens give up about 4 yards per carry.

However Mendy's YAC is not good.

So this game may rest largely on the shoulders of the offensive line winning in the trenches in order to give Mendy the room he needs to get to the next level and give Lefty time in the pocket to find a receiver and wind up.

This could be a defining game for our offensive line this year.

steelpride12
11-17-2012, 08:00 AM
At least Ray Lewis won't play to break his shoulder again :lol:

Seven
11-17-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm excited to see what Rashard can do. I think he and Dwyer compliment each other well.

steeldawg
11-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I think we will need mendy because we are gonna need some explosive plays to win this game. I dont see us being able to grind our way to victory, we will need 2 or 3 splash plays in this game to win it. Yes i threw a tomlin-ism in there.

salamander
11-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I think we will need mendy because we are gonna need some explosive plays to win this game. I dont see us being able to grind our way to victory, we will need 2 or 3 splash plays in this game to win it. Yes i threw a tomlin-ism in there.

We don't subscribe to that hocus pocus. :heh:

GBMelBlount
11-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm excited to see what Rashard can do. I think he and Dwyer compliment each other well.

Dwyer to Mendy: "Gosh your fast and nimble Rashard"

Mendy to Dwyer: "Thanks Jonathan, you are quite the little ram rod yourself."

(Mendy throws Dwyer down and dry humps him)

Go Stillers! :tt02:

salamander
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM

(Mendy and Dwyer embrace in a non sexual manner)

Well, Mendy HAS humped Ben Roethlisberger, so nothing would surprise me... :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
11-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Well, Mendy HAS humped Ben Roethlisberger, so nothing would surprise me... :chuckle:

LOL! That is worthy of an edit!

steel striker
11-17-2012, 09:28 AM
I hope Mendy is healthy and ready to roll because, if the oline can create some holes I like our chances.

Seven
11-17-2012, 09:30 AM

(Mendy throws Dwyer down and dry humps him)

:rofl2:

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MendenhallHump.gif