PDA

View Full Version : Suggs gives Ben some love..

stillers4me
11-14-2012, 06:41 PM
“Until the ball is snapped, I’m still preparing as if he’s playing (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-terrell-suggs-still-expecting-to-see-ben-roethlisberger-under-center-sunday-night-20121114,0,7610045.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter),” Suggs said, via Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun. “Like I said, I saw the guy play on a broken ankle when he came down here, and we even broke his nose, and the guy continued to play, and if you all recall, it didn’t pan out too good for us at the end of that game. So like I said, until that ball is snapped when we’re on the field and [the Ravens offense is] off the field, I’m not ruling him out. You can never question this guy’s toughness. Guys like that are what this game is about.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/terrell-suggs-still-expects-to-see-roethlisberger-sunday/#comments

Count Steeler
11-14-2012, 06:45 PM
If he didn't have the Ratbird stank on him, I may consider him as Steelers material.

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2012, 09:06 PM
If he didn't have the Ratbird stank on him, I may consider him as Steelers material.

Of course we are biased because he's a Raven, but he absolutely the kind of guy you'd want. He's a warrior with skills and swagger to boot. You think you'd have liked Joey porter if he'd played for the Ravens? Of course not, but he was our shit talker who backed it up on the field so we loved him.

Crow-Magnon
11-14-2012, 11:03 PM
What Suggs said is absolutely true. He knows it; we know it. If it is in any way possible for Ben to play, we have no doubt he will play. I loathe him for what he has done to the Ravens in the past, but no one can question that he is one tough mofo.

HollywoodSteel
11-15-2012, 11:20 AM
What Suggs said is absolutely true. He knows it; we know it. If it is in any way possible for Ben to play, we have no doubt he will play. I loathe him for what he has done to the Ravens in the past, but no one can question that he is one tough mofo.

I appreciate your thoughts on this Crow. I know that the Steelers-Ravens rivalry involves all kinds of trash talk, and I love it too as long as it's all in good fun. But it bugs me when Steeler fans say that they would never want guys like Suggs or Lewis on the Steelers, and it's doubly troubling when they actually mean it.

Suggs used to get under my skin, but now I understand him better. He's a football player. The kind I love. Of course he "hates" the Steelers, but with that comes an enormous amount of respect for our players, the rivalry, and the way the game should be played. He misses Hines ward, and not just because he can't hit him anymore, but because he understands what Hines brought to the game of football. He'll miss playing against Ben for the same reason. You never hear him talk about Ben the way talks about Brady. When he mentions the fact that they broke Ben's nose and he still come back to beat them, you can feel the respect, because he knows that Ben is exactly what he is: a tough ass football player first, and a positional player second. Suggs just wants their best guys to bang heads with our best guys and let the chips fall where they may. He would have made a great Steeler.

And it really bothers me when Steelers fans speak ill of Ray Lewis. Yeah, I know his pre-game dance is annoying and I loved when Joey Porter was ready to fight him, but that just comes with the rivalry. The man is everything you'd want from a football player, a teammate, and a human being. When Ben got into his offseason troubles, you know who the first guy to call him and offer support was? Ray Lewis.

Bluecoat96
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
And it really bothers me when Steelers fans speak ill of Ray Lewis. Yeah, I know his pre-game dance is annoying and I loved when Joey Porter was ready to fight him, but that just comes with the rivalry. The man is everything you'd want from a football player, a teammate, and a human being. When Ben got into his offseason troubles, you know who the first guy to call him and offer support was? Ray Lewis.

You know, I used to be the guy that cried, "Murderer" about Ray Lewis. It may in fact be true. However, after all of the ridiculous rape allegations against Ben came out, I had to listen to far too many idiot Browns fans cry, "Rapist." Teaching only 50 miles from Cleveland, I still hear it to this day. It pisses me off to no end. I now make it a point to NOT make guilty associations and talk trash about players like Ray Lewis when I have no real clue if it's true or not. Taking the high road has certainly been tough, but I think it's the right way to be. It's kinda like politics and trashing the opposing candidate if you ask me.

Of course, I still want to see players like Lewis and Suggs get f*cked up during the game when the Steelers play them, but otherwise I'd take them on my team in a heartbeat.

tube517
11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
The Ratbirds are like the 70s Raiders. They hated the Steelers' guts but they had a grudging respect for them and vice versa.

I wouldn't expect anything less as far as them trying to whip our asses as we want to whip theirs.

Texasteel
11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Suggs the raven, I hate everything about the guy. Suggs the Steeler, I would be in love with the guy. One of the last true football players.

Crow-Magnon
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
HollywoodSteel, I would bet if Lewis was and had always been a Steeler, you would not find his pre-game dance annoying. But I would!!! lol

Suggs is a beast. He's also rather intelligent and funny as hell. Any fan who wouldn't want him on their team is crazy. And the same holds true for Ben.

- - - Updated - - -

HollywoodSteel, I would bet if Lewis was and had always been a Steeler, you would not find his pre-game dance annoying. But I would!!! lol

Suggs is a beast. He's also rather intelligent and funny as hell. Any fan who wouldn't want him on their team is crazy. And the same holds true for Ben.

stillers4me
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
All this love going on between the Steelers and the Ravens. Hines is gone and everybody goes all soft and fuzzy.

It's just wrong. :heh:

Crow-Magnon
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Must be close to Thanksgiving!

Texasteel
11-15-2012, 05:52 PM
All this love going on between the Steelers and the Ravens. Hines is gone and everybody goes all soft and fuzzy.

It's just wrong. :heh:

SHHHHH, Suggs chasing Ben is one thing, Suggs chasing Lefty is something totally different.