PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark accepts he's 'going to be messed up' later in life

polamalubeast
11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
FS Ryan Clark was cleared to practice Wednesday, but he and the Steelers' medical staff decided an extra day of rest could hurst less than 48 hours after suffering his second concussion in 16 days.

He anticipates final clearance to play Sunday night against Baltimore will come before practice Thursday.

“Everything's good,” said Clark, who practiced on a limited basis. “I did well on the impact test, so we will see how it goes from here.”

Clark is optimistice about his prospects for playing Sunday against the rival Ravens. But he isn't so sure about the longterm future given his multiple concussions.

“Oh, I'm going to be messed up,” Clark said.

He said it with a smile, but Clark also acknowledged, “That's just part of it,” when asked if he's worried about the long-term effects on his brain.

“When you sign up to play this game, we know that there are risks and you know you pray and hope that you never have to deal with the long-term effects of it,” Clark said. “But you know there's going to be long-term effects when you play a collision sport for a living. And you try to do the things to help combat that so you can have the best quality of life once it's over.”

Clark cannot play in Denver because of the sickle cell trait he has that makes it dangerous for him to play in high altitudes. Other than games missed there, Clark has not sat out a game due to injury since 2008.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20982359/steelers-notebook-s-ryan-clark-accepts-hes-going-to-be-messed-up-later-in-life

X-Terminator
11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Shhhhh! Don't let Der Kommish hear you talk like that, Ryan!

BTW. Hurst? Optimistice? Does ANYONE proofread their articles anymore?????

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 10:04 PM
I pray to god Clark can play. The only thing worse than No Troy and no Ben is No Troy, No Ben, and Ryan Mundy. That is a recipe for a guaranteed loss against a team that doesn't suck such as the Ravens

steelreserve
11-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I've really gotten tired of Mundy this year, and apparently so have the coaches. I used to think he was an OK backup, especially for a former sixth-round pick, but he's really stunk up the joint and gets dumb penalties to boot.

fansince'76
11-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Hurst? Optimistice? Does ANYONE proofread their articles anymore?????

http://languageartsgames.4you4free.com/proofreadin.gif

:chuckle: