PDA

View Full Version : Steelers can beat the ravens with Leftwich?

polamalubeast
11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Do you think that the Steelers can beat the Ravens with Leftwith as QB?

Boh
11-14-2012, 11:32 AM
anyone can beat anyone on any given sunday.

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Lefty's first pass will come out like a rocket. He's already started his wind up.

Boh
11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Lefty's first pass will come out like a rocket. He's already started his wind up.

although this made me lol

Moose
11-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Yea, I voted that the Steeler's can beat the rats. If everyone does their job and the coaches plan to rat's weakness it can work in our favor. Our RB's could have a good day against a team that has trouble with the run.....attention coaches !!

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM
anyone can beat anyone on any given sunday.

For a second there I was inspired by the optimism... until I realized you were a Ravens fan. But please stick around and post often. I have a feeling you are going to be the only ray of sunshine around here for a while. You're going to see a lot of doom and gloom on this forum, especially from me.

Congrats on repeating as AFC NORTH Champs by the way. I hope your team is warming that Gatorade for Jon's bath. I hear it gets chilly in the Burgh at night.

(I'm only kind of kidding)

Seven
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Absoultely they can win with Leftwich under center. The dude was a first round pick for a reason, you know. He has skills. If it wasn't for that wind-up I don't think Jacksonville would have given up on him. Hopefully the Steelers can coach around that disadvantage.

X-Terminator
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Though I think Leftwich is a better option than BOtch at QB, ultimately I don't think they can win.

steelreserve
11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
We almost beat them with Dixon a couple years ago, so yes, obviously it's possible. This is a huge disadvantage though.

vader29
11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
If the Ravens can beat anybody with Bert as their quarterback, then yes the Steelers can beat the Ravens with Leftwich.

steelpride12
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
The Ravens have a weak defense and secondary arguably and I think that bodes well in Lefty's favor. We have 3 dynamic receivers who can make plays and hopefully torch the secondary. If the defense can hold Flacco, Rice, and the offense we can win and I think this Sunday at home would be our greatest chance.

GBMelBlount
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Yep. Establish a run game and keep them under 20 points.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 02:30 PM
both of these teams come out to play when they clash together regardless of how good or bad they're doing or how big of an injury list theyve compiled. if it werent for what they did to the raiders id still feel decent about being able to beat them without Ben. But this one looks like it could get ugly. hopefully we can pull this one out, because i just assume our away games against the ravens are going to be a loss because of how hard it is to play at M&T stadium. i think this ravens defense is going to step up big time. JUST FOR US. if ray rice carries 25 times were finished.

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Only if Troy was to play at a high level during this game, or if the entire defense stepped up which would require a few defensivemen to start stepping up

Count Steeler
11-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Yes we can. The Kansas City Steelers won't be playing this week.

salamander
11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
I say yes as long as everyone does their job.

polamalubeast
11-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I will be honest....I have no confidence in Leftwich

He was painful to watch with the falcons and the buccanners and I'm always afraid that Leftwith made ​​a fumble, since its motion is very slow

He is 0-6 as starter since 2007 and my confidence is very low at the moment

steelreserve
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
I will be honest....I have no confidence in Leftwich

He was painful to watch with the falcons and the buccanners and I'm always afraid that Leftwith made ​​a fumble, since its motion is very slow

He is 0-6 as starter since 2007 and my confidence is very low at the moment

Don't forget, he was on some BAD teams while he ran up that record. The 2007 Falcons were 4-12, and the 2009 Bucs were 3-13. So it wasn't entirely his fault. He'll probably do better with a somewhat competent supporting cast and good receivers.

The reality is probably something like, he's an average quarterback and we can't expect that he's going to do a lot above and beyond the call of duty that will help us win. But he probably won't hurt us like some of these 3rd-string QBs that have no business being on the field.

GoSlash27
11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes, we can absolutely beat the Ravens with Lefty. I don't know that we *will*, but it's possible.

polamalubeast
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Don't forget, he was on some BAD teams while he ran up that record. The 2007 Falcons were 4-12, and the 2009 Bucs were 3-13. So it wasn't entirely his fault. He'll probably do better with a somewhat competent supporting cast and good receivers.

The problem is that Leftwith have lost his starting job to Joey Harrington in 2007....Joey Harrington!!!

Steeldude
11-14-2012, 06:54 PM
The problem is that Leftwith have lost his starting job to Joey Harrington in 2007....Joey Harrington!!!

Don't forget that the Steelers lost to a Broncos team with Tebow(a RB) at the helm.

steelreserve
11-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Yeah, and Harrington lost his job to Chris Redman. At that point, I think it's pretty safe to assume they were just button-mashing.

steeldawg
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Leftwhich is not a good qb, i just hope he doesnt lose us the game and can make a few plays.

tube517
11-14-2012, 07:18 PM
If the Steelers D forces turnovers, then we have a shot. A very SLIM shot. If not, Gatorade bath for Hairball.

Shoes
11-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Absolutely!!!......if Lefty and Chuck can make it through 4 quarters. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Why isn't Mr. Reliable Charlie Batch starting? Instead we have Slowman Leftwich and his 30 second throwing motion who hasn't started a game in 3 years and who can't go a full game without getting injured. Now with Leftwich, either Troy has to play or the defense has to do something called forcing turnovers, none of which will happen

Crow-Magnon
11-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Past history (Ravens 4-0 when playing Ben-less Steelers) says no. But that history includes a much-better Ravens defense, too. So while I believe the Ravens will probably win, I would not be surprised if they lose to Leftwich. My guess is 17-13 either way.

Seven
11-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Past history (Ravens 4-0 when playing Ben-less Steelers) says no. But that history includes a much-better Ravens defense, too. So while I believe the Ravens will probably win, I would not be surprised if they lose to Leftwich. My guess is 17-13 either way.

If I can go off topic here for a post, I would love to ask you a very general question that I've wanted to ask a Ravens fan for a long time. And since you seem to be pretty reasonable in your Ravens bias from what I've seen, thought this might be a good opportunity.

What do you think of your head coach?

SteelMayhem72
11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I have no faith in this game...we will definitely need to pick up a qb...Ben will miss the rest of the season and i would not be surprised if his career is over...which would be awful!!! That rib injury is dangerous and even when it heals its still gonna be in its dislocated position...sorry to be gloom and doom but thats mho!

Crow-Magnon
11-15-2012, 01:12 AM
If I can go off topic here for a post, I would love to ask you a very general question that I've wanted to ask a Ravens fan for a long time. And since you seem to be pretty reasonable in your Ravens bias from what I've seen, thought this might be a good opportunity.

What do you think of your head coach?

Well, I can tell you I like him a hell of a lot better than Rex Ryan as HC.

To be honest, Ravens fans see and hear a lot more of John Harbaugh than Steelers fans do. On average I give him B as a HC. Getting to the playoffs your first four years is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when he took over a franchise where the players were in control if the locker room.

Do I think he's without flaws? Certainly not. He relies too much on Cam's decisions as OC when it's evident things aren't working out, and he does have a tendency to act like a petulant child at times (I was not overly impressed at the fake FG in a blowout win last week).

But he did put his foot down, cut players who wanted to run the show (like McAllister), and has shown he is a consistent winner. Trust me- there are a lot of worse HC's out there!

Seven
11-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Well, I can tell you I like him a hell of a lot better than Rex Ryan as HC.

To be honest, Ravens fans see and hear a lot more of John Harbaugh than Steelers fans do. On average I give him B as a HC. Getting to the playoffs your first four years is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when he took over a franchise where the players were in control if the locker room.

Do I think he's without flaws? Certainly not. He relies too much on Cam's decisions as OC when it's evident things aren't working out, and he does have a tendency to act like a petulant child at times (I was not overly impressed at the fake FG in a blowout win last week).

But he did put his foot down, cut players who wanted to run the show (like McAllister), and has shown he is a consistent winner. Trust me- there are a lot of worse HC's out there!

Thanks, I strongly agree with the highlighted text. If it wasn't for the second selection I would have a lot more respect for him because I think he's a fabulous gameday coach.

I was a fan of Brian Billick and was surprised when he totally lost that team the final couple of seasons he was there. Can't help but think Rex Ryan may have played a part in that. I definitely was not as familiar with that situation as I'm sure you were but it seemed to me that locker room was very divided before Harbaugh took over.

I have no intention of insulting you when I say I have great respect for the organization with the exception of coach and quarterback - from a personality standpoint. I think John & Joe like to think of themselves as a little better than they actually are. But hey, if they sweep us two years in a row I guess I'll have to shut my mouth.

86WARD
11-15-2012, 05:40 AM
I think they can. But I don't think they will.

They could rally up and win it. Can totally see that happening. But that Browns game scares me sandwiched between the two Ravens games. They could become way over confident winning this game without Ben and then think that the Browns and Ravens Part Deux will be easy games and wind up losing both.

steelerdude15
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Yep. Establish a run game and keep them under 20 points.

Bingo and yes, the Steelers can beat them.

polamalubeast
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Leftwich is 7-1 as a starter during his career in games that he has attempted 20-25 passes