PDA

View Full Version : jerrod johnson

Buckinnuts
11-14-2012, 10:57 AM
is he still available.. rather him than ledsled....mobile...looked good in the preseason final 2 games ..should of been the back up

Moose
11-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Yea, I never understood why they dumped him. He seemed to have a pretty damn good arm, and looked to be able to use his feet pretty well also. A good, young kid to mold into a future QB in our system. I would like to know why our FO didn't want him.

Steeldude
11-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Yea, I never understood why they dumped him. He seemed to have a pretty damn good arm, and looked to be able to use his feet pretty well also. A good, young kid to mold into a future QB in our system. I would like to know why our FO didn't want him.

They probably dumped him for the same reason they dumped Dixon.

tube517
11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
He's in the UFL

Seven
11-14-2012, 10:26 PM
They probably dumped him for the same reason they dumped Dixon.

Johnson and Dennis Dixon aren't even close to the same player.

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 10:39 PM
I much rather have Mr. Reliable Charlie Batch than Kordell clone Jerrod Johnson

86WARD
11-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Charlie Batch is terrible. I'd rather sign Stewart than have Batch start anything. God he's awful. Great head for the game though...the only reason for him to stick around...

stillers4me
11-15-2012, 05:50 AM
Back ups are backups for a reason....just look at the caliber of starting QB's in the bottom half of the league.

I'm grateful that we have both Byron and Charlie. There are teams that wish they had them.

I don't get all the Charlie hate. Neither of them are starter QB's...but Charlie has come through for us more often than not. And Byron has had several injuries that has kept him off the the roster. He'll be getting work this week with the first team like Charlie did last year for that one game (that we won) and a game plan built around him. Brucey expected his backup QB's to be Ben. Hopefully, Haley will not do this. I don't expect to see him transform himself into Ben, but he will do better than he did sunday coming off the bench cold.

Buckinnuts
11-15-2012, 04:01 PM
I would rather see Batch start not lefty

Steeldude
11-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Johnson and Dennis Dixon aren't even close to the same player.

Both inaccurate and have trouble reading defenses.

bayz101
11-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Jerrod Johnson isn't inaccurate, he isn't weak, and he doesn't have trouble reading defenses. Barring injury, he'd have a Heisman trophy and a first round selection to brag about right now. He did great in preseason, he did well in camp and he's has good character. I'm tried of seeing all the hate on simply because he CAN run the ball, and the Dennis Dixon comparisons that come with it.

SMR
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Jerrod Johnson isn't inaccurate, he isn't weak, and he doesn't have trouble reading defenses. Barring injury, he'd have a Heisman trophy and a first round selection to brag about right now. He did great in preseason, he did well in camp and he's has good character. I'm tried of seeing all the hate on simply because he CAN run the ball, and the Dennis Dixon comparisons that come with it.

I SECOND THAT! I don't get all that unfounded hate either!

Count Steeler
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM

I thought he did enough to make the team. But I also thought Curtis Brown did enough to get taken off the team. What do I know? I'm only a fan. BTW, Joe Burnett did extremely well in the CFL this season. Led the league in interceptions.

Seven
11-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Both inaccurate and have trouble reading defenses.

You're probably one of those guys who claimed Robert Griffin was going to struggle because he "played in a spread", aren't you?

katmandu
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't get all the Charlie hate. x2. Charlie looked awesome in the Pre-Season.