PDA

View Full Version : All in on Leftwich.

Edman
11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
If the Steelers can't beat the Ravens without Ben, then it's evidence that this "team" isn't that good. Good Teams win, not Good QB's.

It's high time we learned just how good this "team" really is without it's best player. Time for Tomlin to prove his stuff. Would it help if we had #7? Yes it would, but them's the breaks. In 2005 and 2008 the Steelers were without Ben, they stayed the course and won.

Rushing Ben back, like like year, will just only make things worse in the long run. Let him heal and stay home for his son. These are the adverse situations that make seasons and teams. This team will be tested Sunday Night. It's easy to say this team will fail, but if that's the case, then they shouldn't bother playing at all, but they have to. That's what they're paid to do. Tank the season when it's a lost cause, but not before you try.

Moose
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Good post Edman, agree 100%. I mentioned sort of the samething in another thread. Why keep Lefty and Batch if we have no faith in their skills. Sure, neither one is a Ben, that's why they aren't considered our franchise QB and getting the money. Hopefully a mediocre QB, with the O line all doing THEIR JOBS ( catching and holding onto balls) and D line all doing THEIR JOBS ( making fu=king tackles !!! and rushing the QB) and the coaching staff to make necessary adjustments and play to the other teams weaknesses.....like run, run, run on a team that can't stop the run, we can pull out a victory. And we all know a win in this situation would build up some big time confidence and help roll onto a division title. GO STEELER,

Seven
11-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I get your point. But I disagree that "good teams win, not good QB's". When is the last time a team without a good quarterback won anything? If I had to start a franchise and could pick between having the best team in the league with a mediocre QB, or the best QB in the league with a mediocre team - I'd take the latter.

Also, I think Tomlin "proved his stuff" without Ben in 2010.

Moose
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I see your point, but I'd take the best team in the league and a mediocre QB. A awesome defense can win the games, and if you have a mediocre QB and a line that can give him enough time he'll find someone open and make some plays. A great QB on his ass all the time or running for his life is worthless. Just my opinion.

steel striker
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
I think if the o-line can protect Lefty we have a chance to win this game and, we still have the playmakers to make that happen. It's not like the raven defense is all that good and, they holes. Plus Flacco has not been good on the road this year.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
scratch that...were about to see how good this team is without its best TWO players. i remember when i was worried with just troy out. but without ben too? jesus we really cant catch a break can we

polamalubeast
11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
scratch that...were about to see how good this team is without its best TWO players. i remember when i was worried with just troy out. but without ben too? jesus we really cant catch a break can we

Troy,Ben and Antonio are out....ouch!

Edman
11-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I get your point. But I disagree that "good teams win, not good QB's". When is the last time a team without a good quarterback won anything? If I had to start a franchise and could pick between having the best team in the league with a mediocre QB, or the best QB in the league with a mediocre team - I'd take the latter.

In the regular season, you can get by without a good QB if your TEAM is good enough (90's Steelers, 2010 Steelers), but to get you over the top, you need a guy like Ben.

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
The difference between the other times Ben missed time, and now is that in those previous games Ben missed, Troy Polamalu was playing at a high level and was making a huge impact. More differences include the D-line and OLBs were actually performing at a high enough level, instead of now where they've been nearly invisible, and those defenses did something called forcing turnovers, which this defense seems to have a big interest in avoiding

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 10:56 PM

but not troy AND ben. one of his toughest challenges yet.

GodfatherofSoul
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM
1. Troy's been out practically all season and the safeties have learned to play w/o him.
2. This year's Ravens aren't last year's Ravens.
3. We're at home. Flacco reverts to full-on BertMode away from Baltimore.

I'm only worried about Clark not playing.

stillers4me
11-15-2012, 04:47 AM
1. Troy's been out practically all season and the safeties have learned to play w/o him.

^^^^ a big this^^^^

Count Steeler
11-15-2012, 05:15 AM

Don't forget, though, that our defense has "deer in headlights mode" at times with Bert. If we have our defense from our last 4 games, we have a pretty good chance. If the "other" defense shows up, well, you know.

86WARD
11-15-2012, 05:37 AM

More importantly, it seems more so that LeBeau has learned to play without Troy...