PDA

View Full Version : ben out indefinitely

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Ben out 3 - 6 ...not good. What's jacked up is what hooks his sternum to his collarbone. It appears it's the same type of injury that Farve had.

Tt could be a matter of weeks before Roethlisberger returns to play for the Steelers, but any speculation at this point is just that. The injury is not a common one to football players -- a separated shoulder or AC joint sprain is more common.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-is-out-indefinitely-661950/#ixzz2CBDY5RyV

bayz101
11-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Favre suffered the same injury when he was 41, and unless i'm mistaken, returned after one week out.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Favre suffered the same injury when he was 41, and unless i'm mistaken, returned after one week out.

article says he tried to the next week but couldnt, and it broke his consecutive starts streak. brace yourselves lads, next man up. time for everyone else to step up. do or die time.

86WARD
11-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Doomed. Worst possible time for it to happen.

Devilsdancefloor
11-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Well i believe, time for this D to step it up!

steelerdude15
11-14-2012, 09:14 AM
I hope Haley has a good game plan for the game this Sunday.... run, run, and run against a team that is ranked as one of the worst defenses against the rush.

fansince'76
11-14-2012, 09:16 AM
This season has absolutely SUCKED on the injury front.

cold-hard-steel
11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Well it is what it is.Last i knew ole Ben wasn't the only one on this team.Maybe i'm the only one but i think we will be fine.The talent on this team runs pretty deep.I know i'm not throwin in the towel for one injury.I'm sure the rest of this team feels the same way.GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

GodfatherofSoul
11-14-2012, 09:25 AM
We're going to find out of Leftwich deserved 2nd billing all these years ahead of Batch.

BlastFurnace
11-14-2012, 09:26 AM
I think the Steelers can win with Byron.

Next preseason, I hope they don't even play Troy at all. The injury bug seems to love our key players.

X-Terminator
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Well, I think we're done. The Rats are going to win the division again, only this time they won't have to do very much. I will say this, though...if this team somehow makes the playoffs despite all of the injuries to key players, Mike Tomlin should win Coach of the Year.

cold-hard-steel
11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Well, I think we're done. The Rats are going to win the division again, only this time they won't have to do very much. I will say this, though...if this team somehow makes the playoffs despite all of the injuries to key players, Mike Tomlin should win Coach of the Year.

You are on to something there brother man.Every 4th down he goes for changes the whole complextion of the game.Let us not forget about our dee and the the other aspects of this teams,resolve if you will.We still have the tools to get this thing done,not only do i believe that,but i swear to it.

Steeldude
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Nowhere in the article does it say he will miss 3 to 6 weeks. Misleading title.

Moose
11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Maybe he meant 3-6 'days'. LOL. Number's are deceiving. Hopefully Ben will just miss the first ratbirds game. I wasn't really expecting to sweep the rats, but it could've happened. Don't forget the bungholes aren't too far behind us, so we do have to keep the winning going. From here on out we just have to have faith in the FO and our coaching staff. GO STEELER's.

GodfatherofSoul
11-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Everything I've heard makes this sound like more of a discomfort (painful) injury. Not a doc, but I figure he'll be back for Cleveland. If we can pull of a home win that would be fantastic. I think we've got a lot going for us psychologically as well. Ravens blowing out a team we lost to and coming in overconfident and not expecting much from Leftwich. We just survived a wake-up call against an inferior team and face a crucial game for the division.

zulater
11-14-2012, 10:24 AM

I was thinking the same things. I think the thread title needs an edit.

cold-hard-steel
11-14-2012, 10:26 AM
It's more of a ploy for the original Cleveland Browns to think they may have a leg up on us.

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Crown Baltimore division champ now, atleast when they sweep us this year it is because we weren't at full strength, not because they were better

Moose
11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Sorry, it definitely hurt's for Ben to be out, but I can't write the division off until I see what Lefty does and what our coaching staff puts together. A win or a lose in a close game Sunday night can sway alot of doubters. And let's not forget the bungholes are hanging around.

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Not only is Ben out, but Troy is out. When those two don't play, game over. Add the injury to Antonio Brown, James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley have done nothing all year, the D-line has been nearly useless, and you got a recipe for disaster, and one of the NFL's worst teams

cold-hard-steel
11-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Not only is Ben out, but Troy is out. When those two don't play, game over. Add the injury to Antonio Brown, James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley have done nothing all year, the D-line has been nearly useless, and you got a recipe for disaster, and one of the NFL's worst teams

nice attitude dude.I think you are wrong,but thats just me.

Moose
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM

Man, I know this is just your opinion, which you are entitled to, but I don't agree. Ben is out, but we have backups, let's see what they can do. Seems all year we've been playing with guys off the bench and they carried us pretty damn good. Troy is out and is missed...somewhat...but, he's been playing injured the past year or so and really hasn't been all that much. In my book, I think he's working his way out like Hine's in his final year. Harrison's game has changed drastically. He even mentioned in a past article that he was tired of fines and changing his game, but his presence on the line is intimidating...I just don't agree with him defending the tightend, I think he should be used as a pass rusher. Woodley has been playing a pretty decent game, getting better with play. Our D-line has it's good game/bad game which can be finger nail biting at times....gives me reason to pound more brews. And one of the NFL's worst teams....nah, those are the one's we LOSE to. LOL. GO STEELERS

X-Terminator
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM

I was thinking the same things. I think the thread title needs an edit.

Note that this thread was posted at 2:30 AM, and the story has been updated at least once since then (latest time on the article is 11:58am). So it could certainly have said that in the original story. Nonetheless, the thread title has been edited.

BlastFurnace
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Will Harbaugh get a Gatorade bath this weekend if the Ravens win?

They are the owners of all the In Season championships.

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Man, I know this is just your opinion, which you are entitled to, but I don't agree. Ben is out, but we have backups, let's see what they can do. Seems all year we've been playing with guys off the bench and they carried us pretty damn good. Troy is out and is missed...somewhat...but, he's been playing injured the past year or so and really hasn't been all that much. In my book, I think he's working his way out like Hine's in his final year. Harrison's game has changed drastically. He even mentioned in a past article that he was tired of fines and changing his game, but his presence on the line is intimidating...I just don't agree with him defending the tightend, I think he should be used as a pass rusher. Woodley has been playing a pretty decent game, getting better with play. Our D-line has it's good game/bad game which can be finger nail biting at times....gives me reason to pound more brews. And one of the NFL's worst teams....nah, those are the one's we LOSE to. LOL. GO STEELERS

I appreciate you optimism, along with the optimism of everyone else who can muster it, but I just can't do it. I know we all take the Steelers success and failure way too seriously for grownups, but there is something so weird about football fandom in that respect. I swear, I'm a very reasonable person otherwise. But I feel like the football gods have been toying with me, giving me just enough hope to get sucked back into this season, before crushing my soul. After the Giants game (a road win against a powerhouse after gifting them 14 points!) I did got sucked back in, but I swear I smelled a rat. I knew the football gods weren't just asleep at the wheel. They had something bigger and more diabolical in mind. They were playing the long con with me. I figured it would be Ben missing the Ravens game for the birth of his kid, but no, that would have been too merciful.

But see, they won't just have us lose the rest of our games either. No, then they lose their power to torture. Every game will be a frustrating struggle, but we will eek out enough wins to limp into the playoffs. They'll find a way to keep sucking me in.

They are my Lucy, and I will keep coming back to try and kick that ball. Good grief.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's also not forget that Ryan Clark got his second concussion in three weeks. If we had to play a game against the Ravens with neither Troy or Ryan I wouldn't like our chances, even with Ben in there.

zulater
11-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Note that this thread was posted at 2:30 AM, and the story has been updated at least once since then (latest time on the article is 11:58am). So it could certainly have said that in the original story. Nonetheless, the thread title has been edited.

Thanks. Title fits the situation better now. Even though 3-6 weeks could end up being accurate.

steelreserve
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
What I read most recently was that the bigger problem was a dislocated rib that they're worried could cut his aorta. That sucks extra hard from a timetable standpoint, because really the only thing you can do to get better from a rib injury is have it popped back into place and then take it easy, which takes several weeks.

fansince'76
11-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Please. Overreact much?

Moose
11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
I appreciate you optimism, along with the optimism of everyone else who can muster it, but I just can't do it. I know we all take the Steelers success and failure way too seriously for grownups, but there is something so weird about football fandom in that respect. I swear, I'm a very reasonable person otherwise. But I feel like the football gods have been toying with me, giving me just enough hope to get sucked back into this season, before crushing my soul. After the Giants game (a road win against a powerhouse after gifting them 14 points!) I did got sucked back in, but I swear I smelled a rat. I knew the football gods weren't just asleep at the wheel. They had something bigger and more diabolical in mind. They were playing the long con with me. I figured it would be Ben missing the Ravens game for the birth of his kid, but no, that would have been too merciful.

But see, they won't just have us lose the rest of our games either. No, then they lose their power to torture. Every game will be a frustrating struggle, but we will eek out enough wins to limp into the playoffs. They'll find a way to keep sucking me in.

They are my Lucy, and I will keep coming back to try and kick that ball. Good grief.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's also not forget that Ryan Clark got his second concussion in three weeks. If we had to play a game against the Ravens with neither Troy or Ryan I wouldn't like our chances, even with Ben in there.

Great reply !! I do feel your pain and definitely understand the up again/down again roller coaster feelings. An adult 'pastime' can be tiresome.

86WARD
11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Rib injury rare? Drama queen...

XxKnightxX
11-14-2012, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play the next 3 weeks. He's hurt, and he's got a child ready to be born any second. To hell with football. Ben has larger priorities. The standard is the standard.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Dodt
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play the next 3 weeks. He's hurt, and he's got a child ready to be born any second. To hell with football. Ben has larger priorities. The standard is the standard.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
agree 100%

Boh
11-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Rib injury rare? Drama queen...

Hes not. Big Ben's rare rib injury "could kill him by pressing against his aorta." thats pretty serious if you ask me

BlastFurnace
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I bet he is out the rest of the year with that rib injury. How would they correct something like this outside of surgery? There is no way he should step on the field until that rib is clearly away from that aorta.

Shoes
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
I think we will make the playoffs...but that will be it. I agree with XT on Mike T winning Coach of the Year if we get that far.

Ben, enjoy your new son and see you in the spring!

steelpride12
11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Yes this is a big blow to the team and offense obviously, but here's what I can take from it:

-Yes Baltimore will take the division crown because of this injury and we would be lucky to win 1 game against them.
-Lefty will improve. He hasn't started since 09' we have to give him time with the first string offense and he will come together, on Ben's level, never, but hopefully enough to win games.
-The AFC is weak. I believe at this rate the Colts will take the first wild card spot, but other than that we should take the last spot because I don't see Miami or Cincy piling up enough wins at the end of the season and hopefully Ben can be semi-healed by then.
-We are lucky to have speedy and dynamic receivers who are known for making plays after the catch. We can always hope that Lefty delivers a great pass and the receivers make a play and get to the endzone.
-Lefty has a rocket arm, and if you noticed from the Chiefs game, missed 2 throws to Wallace that would have possibly been TD's and with some more practice and work on the new offense, maybe he can deliver.

The defense has to step up and possibly win us a few games, I'm hoping Ike stays the way he is and Lewis continues to improve for the secondary. The Dline is my largest concern. Being pushed around by the Chiefs OL is not something to be proud of especially since they ran the same stretch play on every drive.

steel striker
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
The thing I'm gonna say the rats have not been a good team this year and, they have issues on their defense as well. Let's see what happens on Sunday night and, maybe Rainey can get a TD a special teams.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
man, if we make the playoffs and win that 1st game without ben. that would be huge.

st33lersguy
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
How's Troy's status for the season? We have won without Ben before during that suspension, but we had Troy playing at a high level? When Ben and Troy are out, our chances of winning are very very slim

43Hitman
11-14-2012, 03:54 PM

cya next season then. Hope you find something to do on Sunday's instead of watching your team fight tooth and nail to be the best they possibly can be. Maybe take up knitting or make a doily for your grandmother. She would probably really like that.

BlastFurnace
11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
How's Troy's status for the season? We have won without Ben before during that suspension, but we had Troy playing at a high level? When Ben and Troy are out, our chances of winning are very very slim

If he's out there limping around...even slightly, I'd rather just keep him on the bench.

Count Steeler
11-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Troy is going to come back and play QB as well.

Season is not over. AFC is still wide open. I think we are going to give Baltimore a good game on Sunday night. Well after their first drive when Flacco looks like Montana. We will settle down and may even eke out a win.

tube517
11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Let's see how this game unfolds. This defense (despite that late drive in the 4th Q by the Chiefs) has done very well lately. Some turnovers against Bert would help. Hopefully Rainey can get some good returns to shorten the field.

stillers4me
11-14-2012, 08:18 PM
One game at a time.

GodfatherofSoul
11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Disagree with what was said about Harrison. There's a reason the Chiefs avoided running left like they were scared of the plague.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
This season has absolutely SUCKED on the injury front.

Oh and it get's worse today....text today Missed practice Ben, Troy, Carter, Gilbert, Keisel and Starks...seems to me if you are on a list with Ben and Troy we are screwed on Sunday.

Edman
11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Out indefinitely?

Ben will be back within the next two weeks. Mark it down.

tube517
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Oh and it get's worse today....text today Missed practice Ben, Troy, Carter, Gilbert, Keisel and Starks...seems to me if you are on a list with Ben and Troy we are screwed on Sunday.

Who is the backup at LT if Starks and Gilbert can't go?

zulater
11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Out indefinitely?

Ben will be back within the next two weeks. Mark it down.

I hope you're right. But I get a sense that he'll miss a minimum of 3 games, with a strong lean to 4.. Which still leaves us with a good shot to make the playoffs. Of the teams behind the Steelers in the wildcard hunt I don't get the sense that any will win more than 8 or 9 games.

And once in the playoffs, we could find ourselves being this years Giants with a finally healthy roster and make a run to the Super Bowl

In fact I'll call my shot too. If we beat Cincy in Pittsburgh we'll be in the playoffs and make it at least to the AFC title game. Mark it down!

steelerdude15
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Everyone take a deep breath. Even without Ben and Troy, there are ways to beat them.

1. Running the ball- the Steelers will have to run extremely well on Sunday night if they want to get a W. They have one of the worst rush defenses in the NFL that has struggled all year. Last week, they allowed over four hundred yards against the Raiders. Of course, not all of that was rushing yards. The offensive line needs to do their part and open up holes for the running backs. Through in smart play calling, with running the ball in the redzone, the running backs could carry this team this Sunday.

2. Their weak defense- With Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb out for the season, Suggs and Ngata who aren't at full speed, plus an Ed Reed who can't tackle, their defense is not what it once was. Throw in the fact that their D is having tackling issues all over the place, there is no reason why Dwyer and Issac can't slip through for some big gains.

3. Shutting down Flacco- We all know that Cam (their offensive coordinator) is a complete moron for not using Ray Rice more effectively. He depends too much on Flacco who is still inconsistent. Here's the thing, if you put pressure on Flacco, he makes bad decisions. He gets sacked and throws horrible passes which lead to an interception or aren't even close to his target. Lebeau should have a good game plan going into this to shut down Flacco. Flacco should be the main focus, but they shouldn't completely ignore Ray Rice. When it comes to the receivers, the best receiver is Torrey Smith and he's getting better. If Ike has a great game, Smith should be a non factor. Who else do they have? Bolden is nothing compared to what he used to be.

When it boils down to it, if our coordinators can call a game that focuses on our running backs being used more than Byron passing and if our defensive line can put pressure on Flacco, the Steelers could win this game.

zulater
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Who is the backup at LT if Starks and Gilbert can't go?

I wouldn't read too much into Starks missing a midweek practice. Same with Keisel. It's pretty commons practice with aged veterans that are slightly dinged up to give them an extra day during the week to recharge the body.

I haven't heard or read anything that would indicate they wont play against the Ravens.

tube517
11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't read too much into Starks missing a midweek practice. Same with Keisel. It's pretty commons practice with aged veterans that are slightly dinged up to give them an extra day during the week to recharge the body.

I haven't heard or read anything that would indicate they wont play against the Ravens.

Yeah, I figured that but who is the backup?

BnG_Hevn
11-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, with any luck Ben's kid is born on Sunday at 12:00, thus making his missing this week's game moot.

IF the Steelers go down with 1 player then they are no better than the Colts were last year. I don't think the entire success of the Steelers depends on Ben playing. If Brown is able to get back on the field then they will be fine.

steelpride12
11-15-2012, 11:51 AM
If you get a chance guys, check out the Ravens Forums. They are pretty much locking this down as an easy win! I say the Steelers use this to their advantage. Not only the Ratbird fans, but the country as well will not give the Steelers a chance in this one, but they are forgetting that every game we played against them (except last seasons opener) they are always close games that come down to the wire.

Bluecoat96
11-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Well..I read that not only is Webb out for the Ravens, but so is his replacement, Jimmy Smith. I'd like to think that this would help to equalize things at least a little bit with Ben out. With Lewis out, along with Ngata being dinged up, I think that this will be a lot better game than people realize.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/59161/another-hit-to-the-ravens-cornerbacks

polamalubeast
11-15-2012, 12:09 PM
This ravens-steelers games will not be the same,without,Ben,AB,Troy,Webb,Ray,etc

X-Terminator
11-15-2012, 12:12 PM
If you get a chance guys, check out the Ravens Forums. They are pretty much locking this down as an easy win! I say the Steelers use this to their advantage. Not only the Ratbird fans, but the country as well will not give the Steelers a chance in this one, but they are forgetting that every game we played against them (except last seasons opener) they are always close games that come down to the wire.

I can't really blame them - the deck is stacked against the Steelers with so many key players out. I would be surprised if the Steelers won this game.

steelpride12
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
I can't really blame them - the deck is stacked against the Steelers with so many key players out. I would be surprised if the Steelers won this game.
I understand, but we all know a Steelers/Ratbird matchup is a close game 3/4 times regardless of who's starting. Remember when we almost beat them with Dixon AT Baltimore. I'm not giving up hope.

steelerdude15
11-15-2012, 09:18 PM

I know some of you guys don't deal with Ravens, but let me tell you, this is how they are. Every year, they think they have the best team, best QB, best RB, etc. It gets old quick.

st33lersguy
11-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Why does the injury bug ALWAYS hit the Steelers. This team had a legitimate shot at contending for a Superbowl with Ben starting, now the best case scenario is a wildcard loss

SteelMayhem72
11-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry fellow fans but ben will be out the rest of the year and i would not be surprised if this isnt a career ending thing...problem is a dislocated rib will heal back in its dislocated spot which will be dangerous still...his odds for playing this season are 0!

SteelMayhem72
11-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Leftwich is terrible and it will show...hes lazy and slow. No Ben equals one and done in the playoffs at best. we would have a better shot picking up a qb ASAP...maybe gerrard....somebody other than leftwich...he dont know how to put touch on a pass just knows how to throw it through somebody...thats it!!! Haley cant set a game plan around a players strengths when they dont have any strengths!

Psycho Ward 86
11-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Leftwich is terrible and it will show...hes lazy and slow. No Ben equals one and done in the playoffs at best. we would have a better shot picking up a qb ASAP...maybe gerrard....somebody other than leftwich...he dont know how to put touch on a pass just knows how to throw it through somebody...thats it!!! Haley cant set a game plan around a players strengths when they dont have any strengths!

arm strength. plain and simple.

this offense is about to turn into the blonde bomber offense coupled with running the ball and play action passes

zulater
11-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Sorry fellow fans but ben will be out the rest of the year and i would not be surprised if this isnt a career ending thing...problem is a dislocated rib will heal back in its dislocated spot which will be dangerous still...his odds for playing this season are 0!

Talk about an overrreaction! :panic: Get a fucking grip!:doh: I haven't seen so much as one person suggest this is potentially career ending. Most estimates range from 2-6 weeks. Regardless this sort of speculation is just silly. He'll be back when he's back.

zulater
11-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Roethlisberger was told by his physicians that this injury is so rare that the last known case was seen in 1998 in a rugby player. This is, in fact, the only case report in the medical literature and can be found in the British Journal of Sports Medicine from 1999. It should be noted that the rugby player also sustained a fracture to the posterior sternum, so it was actually a more extensive injury. That player took 12 weeks off, until an Xray showed that the fracture had healed completely. Keep in mind that ruby players wear no padding or protection.

http://aeryssports.com/aerys-offsides/house-calls-demystifying-ben-roethlisbergers-injury/

zulater
11-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I figured that but who is the backup?

I don't know, and pray we never have to find out! :lol:

Anyway it looks as if Max is fine.

Those returning to practice after missing the Wednesday session included defensive end Brett Keisel (shoulder) and offensive tackle Max Starks (ankle).

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-haley-will-adjust-offense-to-leftwich-662353/#ixzz2CMWf2nna

bayz101
11-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Talk about an overrreaction! :panic: Get a fucking grip!:doh: I haven't seen so much as one person suggest this is potentially career ending. Most estimates range from 2-6 weeks. Regardless this sort of speculation is just silly. He'll be back when he's back.

LOL! There's this thing called "Surgery" that eliminates the bone from healing in it's current position. Does this guy REALLY think that the bone wouldn't heal back into the right position? Ben would have already had surgery... :chuckle:

Big time overreaction, but more just a fan not knowing what he's talking about, and I mean that in the most respectful way.

zulater
11-16-2012, 12:39 AM
LOL! There's this thing called "Surgery" that eliminates the bone from healing in it's current position. Does this guy REALLY think that the bone wouldn't heal back into the right position? Ben would have already had surgery... :chuckle:

Big time overreaction, but more just a fan not knowing what he's talking about, and I mean that in the most respectful way.

I will say this though. With what I'm reading and hearing lately I think there's a real possibility that this could be a season ender for Ben. That's not to say I think that's the most likely scenario. Just that it's fairly obvious that it's a real possibility.

Right now if I had to bet my house on it my best optimistic guess would have Ben returning for the last two regular season games if the Steelers are still in contention for a playoff spot.If they have a Wild Card berth already clinched by then it wouldn't surprise me if they held Ben out until the season finale at home agsinst the Browns.

steelreserve
11-16-2012, 01:13 AM

Hopefully there is some justice in the world and it becomes the reverse of when I talked all that shit against the Raiders.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 02:52 AM
No this is not an overreaction at all and we alll know Ben will come back and no you dont remove or move ribs that protects organs...look it up. I am a fan...have been for 35 years...probably longer than some of the shit stains in here's actually age. This has been mentioned in the media about his career about being a possibility but we all know Ben will play no matter the danger but believe me no matter what is done to the rib in any compacity does not make it less risky. So this is not an overreaction at all im just a messenger. I definitely do not want to see Ben's career over but according to some other medical experts there is a real possibility...just depends on what Ben will be willing to play with risk wise.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Also, btw the rib in question is not one that is typically reset or surgically moved...the main ribs that can be surgically repaired are the ones surrounding the lower part of the lungs! All in all the rib that is up against the aorta is risky just even operating on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, btw the rib in question is not one that is typically reset or surgically moved...the main ribs that can be surgically repaired are the ones surrounding the lower part of the lungs! All in all the rib that is up against the aorta is risky just even operating on it.

Seven
11-16-2012, 03:12 AM
I am a fan...have been for 35 years...probably longer than some of the shit stains in here's actually age.

So anyone who hasn't followed the team for over the apparently significant number of 35 years is a "shit stain"?

bayz101
11-16-2012, 03:55 AM
So anyone who hasn't followed the team for over the apparently significant number of 35 years is a "shit stain"?

Woohoo! I'm a Browns fan! :chuckle:

zulater
11-16-2012, 05:47 AM
No this is not an overreaction at all and we alll know Ben will come back and no you dont remove or move ribs that protects organs...look it up. I am a fan...have been for 35 years...probably longer than some of the shit stains in here's actually age. This has been mentioned in the media about his career about being a possibility but we all know Ben will play no matter the danger but believe me no matter what is done to the rib in any compacity does not make it less risky. So this is not an overreaction at all im just a messenger. I definitely do not want to see Ben's career over but according to some other medical experts there is a real possibility...just depends on what Ben will be willing to play with risk wise.

Care to share a link with us that gives us one of these medical experts claiming Ben's career is in jeapordy over this?

X-Terminator
11-16-2012, 07:20 AM

Dude, that was totally uncalled for. You know the rules about name-calling! :doh: You can disagree with someone without resorting to that.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 07:47 AM
There is no links its been on the radio....funny how your getting on me about calling someone shit stain but its ok for everybody else in here to say what they said to me and accusing me of lying...im not overreacting only telling you what has been discussed on the radio...heard it discussed on nfl radio from a medical expert is one source so word to the wise if i get accused of lying i have every right to say shit stain...just the way i operate!

zulater
11-16-2012, 08:06 AM
There is no links its been on the radio....funny how your getting on me about calling someone shit stain but its ok for everybody else in here to say what they said to me and accusing me of lying...im not overreacting only telling you what has been discussed on the radio...heard it discussed on nfl radio from a medical expert is one source so word to the wise if i get accused of lying i have every right to say shit stain...just the way i operate!

Hey Mayhem, no one was calling you a liar, it's long held message board protocal to share a link if you bring up a contenious point.

So give us some names of medical experts who've claimed Ben's career is in jeapordy and where you heard it. If you don't have links you can provide us, maybe if we know where to look we can support your claims ourselves. Or maybe we'll find out that the context makes it a little different than you heard it? That doesn't make you a liar if you heard it differently than some of us may have. ( and I'm not saying that's the case, just that's it's a possibility. Context is often in the mind's eye, if that makes sense. :lol:)

Anyway on ESPN radio yesterday I heard Stephania Bell explaining the injury in detail on the Mike and Mike show, (http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7825/1251456/audiomikeandmike_2012-11-15-064856-3953-0-0-0.32.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=7c65930e572d3733c3c28acff10939db&s=5L8r1, Stephania Bell starting at the 7.30 mark on link)

she didn't portray the injury as career threatening.

I also earliar provided a link to a detailed article by a M.D. who pointed out that the only previous known sports injury relatable to this involved a rugby player, he stated further that the rubby player's injury was much more extensive, and also pointed out that the injuries to the rubgy player healed fully in 12 weeks.

http://aeryssports.com/aerys-offsides/house-calls-demystifying-ben-roethlisbergers-injury/

So could this be season ending? Yeah it could be. Hopefully it's not, and I think there's as much information or more out there to lead us to believe it's not. So why panic at this point?

And that's the way I operate! :chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-16-2012, 08:43 AM

Not here you don't. Re-read the COC and refresh your memory. There are better ways to express yourself than calling people shit stains. You've been here long enough to know that name-calling is not acceptable. BTW, I didn't see one person calling you a liar outright. Questioning your statements (which BTW you still have not backed up with a single source) is NOT calling you a liar. It's a simple disagreement. Learn the difference.

43Hitman
11-16-2012, 08:51 AM
man where is the popcorn smiley when you need it? :chuckle:

zulater
11-16-2012, 08:51 AM

They're not going to allow the rib to heal in the wrong place. I'm not a doctor, but common sense dictates they either have reset it without surgery, or the rib has already or will eventually reset itself.

This is the sort of statement that should be followed by an "imo" or supported with a link Mayhem. Or in my opinion it should be.

No offense intended. :hatsoff:

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 11:10 AM

:pop2:

steelreserve
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM

Right over here, you shit stain. :poop:

Whoops, that was the poop smiley.

edit: mmmmmmm

T&B fan
11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
:huh:
well I have never met a shit stain ,
although I have made a few :nod:

Edman
11-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I've heard and seen a lot of stuff about Ben's overplayed injuries over the years. Remember his supposedly 104 degree temperature in 2006? We don't call him a drama queen for nothing.

Until he's been declared done for the season, I don't believe he's done for the season. I know the dude is legitimately hurt and should sit out a bit, but all we have right now is speculation. What is said for six weeks, may be just two or three games.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Ok im officially off this board good riddance...there is no in my honest opinion crap there is no links. if anybody would have listened tonfl radio over the past week you would have heard it. I didnt write down the name of the medical expert or anything just relaying what i heard and then i get this OMG your overreacting BS...im not the one who said this about his career. Do I believe it..HELL NO but I dont want to be blindsided by it either. After all we are talking about one of the toughest football players in the history of the game. So if I offended anybody I apologize but keep what I told you in the back of your mind. We all know Ben would play with any injury or sickness if let up to him.

fansince'76
11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I've heard and seen a lot of stuff about Ben's overplayed injuries over the years. Remember his supposedly 104 degree temperature in 2006? We don't call him a drama queen for nothing.

Ironic you cite a typical fuckup by Disney Channel II as an example of Ben's being a "drama queen."

However, coach Bill Cowher said his ill quarterback wasn't as sick as reported by ESPN. Roethlisberger had flu-like symptoms during the game that were unrelated to the appendectomy, but Cowher said reports that his quarterback had a 104-degree fever were erroneous and that, in fact, Roethlisberger's temperature was 100.4.

Cowher: Big Ben had 100.4 degree fever, not 104 (http://abcnews.go.com/sports/comments?type=story&id=2468640#.UKb7msWjOSo)

I'm sorry, but it's not Roethlisberger's fault that that network is incompetent and can't report for shit.

bayz101
11-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok im officially off this board good riddance...there is no in my honest opinion crap there is no links. if anybody would have listened tonfl radio over the past week you would have heard it. I didnt write down the name of the medical expert or anything just relaying what i heard and then i get this OMG your overreacting BS...im not the one who said this about his career. Do I believe it..HELL NO but I dont want to be blindsided by it either. After all we are talking about one of the toughest football players in the history of the game. So if I offended anybody I apologize but keep what I told you in the back of your mind. We all know Ben would play with any injury or sickness if let up to him.

"Sorry fellow fans but ben will be out the rest of the year and i would not be surprised if this isnt a career ending thing...problem is a dislocated rib will heal back in its dislocated spot which will be dangerous still...his odds for playing this season are 0!"

That's what you said. It's not career ending. That's silly. Whoever said it on NFL radio is silly. Simple as that. A bad rib isn't going to end a players career, that's not even logical. If a damn rib is bad enough to end a career, it would be considered life threatening with ANY kind of physical activity and i'm SURE a damn surgery would exist to ease those worries. It's an unusual injury and it's a potentially dangerous injury, but it's certainly NOT a career-ending injury. Whoever said that on NFL radio is more full of shit than a Christmas turkey. You came in and the first thing you said was "Sorry fellow fans, Ben will be out for the rest of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a career-ending thing". On message boards we tend to supply some sort of proof of at least SOMETHING to back up such a bold statement, and you didn't.

I'm going to assume you're new to internet message boards, and if that's the case, just take this advice. If you say something that is SURE to fuel some sort of discussion, provide us with the SOURCE from which the information came from so we can validate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ironic you cite a typical fuckup by Disney Channel II as an example of Ben's being a "drama queen."

Cowher: Big Ben had 100.4 degree fever, not 104 (http://abcnews.go.com/sports/comments?type=story&id=2468640#.UKb7msWjOSo)

I'm sorry, but it's not Roethlisberger's fault that that network is incompetent and can't report for shit.

Local beat writers for every team report MUCH better than the national outlets. I caught on to that years ago. When something goes down, ESPN.com and NFL.com are in my rear-view mirror and i'm on twitter scoping out Ed B. and Gerry D's twitters.

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 09:13 PM

There are no links that support your claim and as bayz101 has stated it could just be speculation from whatever Doctor or person you heard on NFL Radio. The Steelers have not alluded to such a severity of this injury and Ben himself is still hopeful of seeing action this year.

Regardless of that, as X-T has stated, you can't name call on this site.

You are welcome to stay, you are welcome to leave. The choice is yours.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 09:25 PM
First of all...he will be out the rest of the season you can bank on that no matter what Ben wants to do...too risky. Second of all, I only said "I wouldnt be surprised" if this ends his career...those are not my words but from a medical expert. Im not gonna question a doctor or surgeon they are obviously smarter than all of us and those were "his" words that I was just repeating. Lastly, Ive been on steelers boards (this is not the only one) and saying shit stains is IMHO about some people in here or everywhere...I didnt call one certain person out at all...if you feel like a shit stain then you probably are a shit stain. This is no worse than than questioning my "NFL fanhood credibility" and I was definitely called out directly for that because of being a messenger. I did not call any certain person in here a shit stain so if you were offended by that then you must be a shit stain...nuff said!!

- - - Updated - - -

There is no reason to argue about this anymore you can call out anything I said but just stating what I heard if you wanna know more google it....I dont have the link thats what google is for!

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Another thing do you actually think the steelers are gonna come out and say his done for the season at this point??? Its called strategy and affects how teams prepare for us!

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 09:30 PM
First of all...he will be out the rest of the season you can bank on that no matter what Ben wants to do...too risky. Second of all, I only said "I wouldnt be surprised" if this ends his career...those are not my words but from a medical expert. Im not gonna question a doctor or surgeon they are obviously smarter than all of us and those were "his" words that I was just repeating. Lastly, Ive been on steelers boards (this is not the only one) and saying shit stains is IMHO about some people in here or everywhere...I didnt call one certain person out at all...if you feel like a shit stain then you probably are a shit stain. This is no worse than than questioning my "NFL fanhood credibility" and I was definitely called out directly for that because of being a messenger. I did not call any certain person in here a shit stain so if you were offended by that then you must be a shit stain...nuff said!!

- - - Updated - - -

There is no reason to argue about this anymore you can call out anything I said but just stating what I heard if you wanna know more google it....I dont have the link thats what google is for!

I will take you at your word from your post previous to this one. Good riddance!

Shoes
11-16-2012, 09:32 PM

Heck SM...maybe your not overreacting ( in your opinion ) about Ben...but you are about leaving the forum over a shit stain. Shit is shit be it young or old. I fall into the vintage shit category. I can remember games at Forbes field when most "fans" were rooting against the Steelers...now we have "Steeler Nation." Yet we have some pretty good young shit stains here too. Chidi29 comes to mind.....he's a young shit and a smart shit to boot. Relax its just a game and a bunch of opinions.

bayz101
11-16-2012, 09:34 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. You didn't quote the doctor. Saying "I wouldn't be surprised" IS your words unless you come out and tell us otherwise, and you didn't. You don't know that he'll be out the rest of the season, either, so quit with it. I don't care that you simply "repeated" what someone said on the radio. You never SAID that they said it on the radio, you said "I wouldn't be surprised". Are we SUPPOSED to automatically assume you're not quoting someone else? NO. When someone makes a statement like that without a source, we simply assume that YOU are the one making it. It's silly to think his career is over. VERY silly. It's plausible that his SEASON may be over, but no indications point that way right now. We don't know the severity of his type of injury, and an injury timetable hasn't been announced. Anything else is pure speculation, just like the "reports" that he dislocated his shoulder "confirmed" by NFL.com and Yahoo! Sports.

bayz101
11-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I get it, though. You don't actually believe that Ben's career is over, but what you can't seem to comprehend is that you DID in fact say: "Sorry fellow fans but ben will be out the rest of the year and i would not be surprised if this isn't a career ending thing...'. You didn't quote a radio analyst. It came directly from you, and THAT'S why people began questioning YOUR "sources". No need to call someone a shit stain. Fact of the matter is that the rib will NOT heal in it's dislocated spot. That's incorrect. It isn't a career-ending injury once it's healed. That's the truth. The doctor who said that on the radio is overreacting. Maybe not you, but the reason people are SAYING it's you is because YOU are the one who said it. Had you of told us you heard it elsewhere, we wouldn't have assumed it was your opinion.

All in all, it's a VERY silly thing to be arguing about, don't you think?

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Im not leaving the forum over a shit stain...lol...I have "shout" to remove it...so my fellow steeler buds im here to stay so yall are stuck with this shit stain...lol

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Ok...I didnt follow protocol from now on I will...next time I will say "i heard it here" etc with a link if possible but even if I did do you think you still would have the said the same thing to me?? It dont matter we are all here for the love of our steelers and yes I was distraught over what I heard but IMHO I think he is done for the rest of the season...the organization is just playing the strategy card right now to throw our competition off.

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Ok...I didnt follow protocol from now on I will...next time I will say "i heard it here" etc with a link if possible but even if I did do you think you still would have the said the same thing to me?? It dont matter we are all here for the love of our steelers and yes I was distraught over what I heard but IMHO I think he is done for the rest of the season...the organization is just playing the strategy card right now to throw our competition off.

It absolutely makes a difference in the way you state your thoughts. Opinions can be debated, however, if opinions are stated as fact, they should be backed up by a source or an explanation.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 10:09 PM
It absolutely makes a difference in the way you state your thoughts. Opinions can be debated, however, if opinions are stated as fact, they should be backed up by a source or an explanation. Ok..so do I get forgiven in here??? I need some steeler fan love right now...lol:applaudit:

bayz101
11-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Ok..so do I get forgiven in here??? I need some steeler fan love right now...lol:applaudit:

You're cool by me. I was just pointing out the error that started this whole thing. As long as you make sure to cite a source before making such statements, everyone will take you seriously. :drink:

Count Steeler
11-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Ok..so do I get forgiven in here??? I need some steeler fan love right now...lol:applaudit:

Forgiveness is always free. Hope you enjoy the rest of your days here in the Universe. Go Steelers!

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks fellow steeler fans...I love chatting it up in here especially during the games...I tend to be a pessimist but trying to change that and I do think our D is gonna play lights out Sunday night...lebeau i think has some more tricks up his sleeve!!!!

43Hitman
11-17-2012, 08:54 AM
:pop2:

Right over here, you shit stain. :poop:

Whoops, that was the poop smiley.

edit: mmmmmmm

:countdown :flipoff: :flap:

Count Steeler
11-17-2012, 08:59 AM
:countdown :flipoff: :flap:

:buttkick: :kissass::heh: :chuckle: