PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger has a shoulder sprain, SC sprain

polamalubeast
11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Roethlisberger has a shoulder sprain, SC sprain, Tomlin says he's being evaluated, he is questionable for this week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/268399423493636096?p=v

steelpride12
11-13-2012, 11:11 AM
To add on: AB will remain questionable, Troy is Doubtful, Mendy is almost ready and is questionable, and Clark is looking OK after his symptoms and is questionable, Gilbert has been working out and is questionable as well.

polamalubeast
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
If Ben Roethlisberger can't practice all week, Tomlin says he could play him Sunday: "I have before."

https://mobile.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/268401088091267072?p=v

- - - Updated - - -

Ben told me he had "little torn rotator cuff" in training camp but this is not connected in any way.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268401845406408704?p=v

Steelman
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Helluva lot better than a separated shoulder.

If that is truly the case, I think you put him day-to-day, give the reps to Lefty and Batch. I didn't foresee us sweeping the series with Baltimore so I think we should sit him and get him healthy for Cleveland and the 2nd game against the Ravens.

crcsnail
11-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Nfl.com says it is this ..... http://www.wosm.com/index.php/health-library/orthopaedic-conditions-and-treatments/145-sternoclavicular-joint-injury

Steelman
11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Nfl.com says it is this ..... http://www.wosm.com/index.php/health-library/orthopaedic-conditions-and-treatments/145-sternoclavicular-joint-injury

I guess this is the "non-traditional" injury they were talking about. Looks like it doesn't require surgery, but it's gonna hurt for awhile.

oneforthetoe
11-13-2012, 12:08 PM
"You may now turn to your right and exit the ledge. Please step carefully. And enjoy the rest of the day here at Panic Amusement Park."

venom
11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Shoot up that shoulder for the Ravens and let him sit for the Browns , lol

venom
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
So I guess the calls to Jeff Garcia , Jeff George , McNabb , Vince Young or Brett Favre are on hold ? lol

steelreserve
11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
That's a lot better than I feared. Still, I wouldn't push him into action this week. Better to take our chances with one of the backups and and save the rest of the season. Ravens are beat up too, anything could happen.

steeldevil
11-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Thank goodness.

I dont think he should play this week. One game, no matter how big it is, is not worth getting him hurt worse and losing the whole season.

Sit him please.

vader29
11-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Ben faked the injury and is going to be fined by Goodell.
http://downloads.iheartradio.com/media/station_content/1734/Roger_Goodell_-Bens_Cramp_1352831300_6933.mp3

:chuckle:

steelreserve
11-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Thank goodness.

I dont think he should play this week. One game, no matter how big it is, is not worth getting him hurt worse and losing the whole season.

Sit him please.

With any luck, this will coincide with the birth of the goddamn baby, so two birds with one stone, eh? :thumbsup:

Shoes
11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
That's a lot better than I feared. Still, I wouldn't push him into action this week. Better to take our chances with one of the backups and and save the rest of the season. Ravens are beat up too, anything could happen.

I agree.....and don't think they will play Ben. DD almost beat the rats when they were at full strength. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
11-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Steelers: Roethlisberger (shoulder sprain) questionable for Ravens; source says, 'doubtful'

Ben Roethlisberger sustained a shoulder sprain during Monday night's game, and he's questionable to play this week vs. the Ravens, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Tomlin classified it as an SC sprain -- referring to the SC joint, which connects the sternum to the collarbone. According to multiple websites, this would be considered an unusual injury.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports that there is no separation and the injury will not categorically put him out for a long period of time. Though coach Tomlin called Roethlisberger "questionable" for this week's game with rival Baltimore, the source said in reality "doubtful" would be more accurate.

However, because of Roethlisberger's history of coming back well ahead of time recovering from injuries, and if being a late scratch and/or addition to the lineup shortly within a day or so of a game, the Steelers likely won't officially rule him out until they are certain he could not play.

So expect the saga to roll into the weekend, with the drama heightened by the fact the Steelers are playing Baltimore twice in the next three weeks with the AFC North in the balance.

“He's being evaluated,” Tomlin said. “Obviously this injury puts his participation in the questionable category for this week. I'll have more information as this week unfolds.”

read more

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20967650/ben-roethlisberger-suffered-shoulder-sprain-questionable-for-this-week

steel striker
11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I say let him rest and, see if he can get healthy for a possible playoff run.

Count Steeler
11-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Get well soon, Ben.

86WARD
11-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Take the " loss" to
The Ravens this week. Beat the browns with Ledtwich, beat the ravens in 3 weeks with Ben?

Sounds good
To me.

Mach1
11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
"At his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone).

An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity."

Another Steelers source told ESPN that the team's staff was told: "proceed with (backup quarterback Byron (Leftwich). It doesn't look like you're going to have Ben this week. We're looking at next week as a possibility as of right now."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626611/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-a-source-says

salamander
11-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Just don't rush him back. One game isn't worth risking losing him for the whole season.

zulater
11-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Big Ben injury could be significant

The injuries Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered to his throwing shoulder and ribs Monday night could be pretty significant, ones that could take a while to heal, a source close to the team said.

]Roethlisberger was "extremely sore" Tuesday morning and "hurting pretty bad," the source said. After getting an MRI on Monday night, he went for another MRI on Tuesday.

A source confirmed to ESPN that Roethlisberger's rib and shoulder injuries occurred on the same play. The source said it remains unknown how long the quarterback might be unable to play with the injury to the front of his throwing shoulder.

At his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone). An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626611/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-a-source-says

Clayton's playing this up as if it's virtually going to end his regular season.

Count Steeler
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Big Ben injury could be significant

The injuries Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered to his throwing shoulder and ribs Monday night could be pretty significant, ones that could take a while to heal, a source close to the team said.

]Roethlisberger was "extremely sore" Tuesday morning and "hurting pretty bad," the source said. After getting an MRI on Monday night, he went for another MRI on Tuesday.

A source confirmed to ESPN that Roethlisberger's rib and shoulder injuries occurred on the same play. The source said it remains unknown how long the quarterback might be unable to play with the injury to the front of his throwing shoulder.

At his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone). An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity.

Clayton's playing this up as if it's virtually going to end his regular season.

And I am sure the emotional strain of his relationship with Haley is not going to be conducive to a quick healing.

zulater
11-13-2012, 05:47 PM
My personal guess is that Ben will be back to play the Ravens in Baltimore.
In other words he'll miss two games.

I'll further predict we'll lose to the Ravens in Pittsburgh, beat the Browns in Cleveland, and beat Baltimore in Baltimore.

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2012, 06:20 PM
That's probably about the best news that we could hope for. Let Ben rest and then get him back for a playoff run. All we have to do is get in.