PDA

View Full Version : Game balls and goat horns.

zulater
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Game ball. Lawrence Timmons. Saved any playoff chance we had with one play.
Shaun suisham. Clutch once again

Goats. Everyone else. :lol:

polamalubeast
11-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Good:we won

The ugly:The rest!

SteelerFanInStl
No one on this team deserves a game ball. They're all goats.

steelerdude15
Game ball definitely goes to Lawrence for not only his interception, but he played great all game. I have to give the goat to majority of the team for horrible player execution tonight.

Edman
11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Nobody wins a game ball. Everybody sucked.

Next week is not looking good at all.

zulater
11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Actually Ryan Clark played a helluva game. He deserves a game ball too.

Steelman
11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Game ball: LT
Goats: Everyone, especially Redman and Dwyer. Worst effort I've ever seen.

polamalubeast
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Everybody sucked tonight,except for Timmons

zulater
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Nobody wins a game ball. Everybody sucked.

Next week is not looking good at all.

It's a win, all NFL wins have value. This gave us our 6th win. We'll need at least 3 or 4 more to make the playoffs. Our chances are much better because we got this ugly win.

GodfatherofSoul
11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't blame the RBs too much except for the fumbles. They just didn't have much room to run.

zulater
11-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Goat. Mike Tomlin. I couldn't believe when they came back from the half and the sideline reporter said that Tomlin was happy with the Steelers first half effort! :frusty: What effing game was he watching?! :doh:

And why the hell didn't he put Sanders back to return punts in the second half? You can't play scared, he's an explosive returner, the offense needed a jump start and maybe he could have provided one? Instead we got some clown who wasn't even in the league last week juggling balls around like a street performer!

steel striker
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Timmons for the game ball and, Suisham.

zulater
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't blame the RBs too much except for the fumbles. They just didn't have much room to run.

They had no respect for the pass so they jammed everything underneath.

Oh by the way for Tood Haley. Run another screen you moron! Just because the last 5 lost yardage doesn't mean it wont eventually work!

SteelerFanInStl
11-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Goat. Mike Tomlin. I couldn't believe when they came back from the half and the sideline reporter said that Tomlin was happy with the Steelers first half effort! :frusty: What effing game was he watching?! :doh:

Yea, me either. That's why they came out in the second half playing like shit again.

There was no fire from any of the players in this game. Our OL has been nasty the last few games and they didn't have any of that tonight.

Devilsdancefloor
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Game ball: Timmons ,clark, and sushi

Goat: Woodley for not setting the edge at all If he plays like that next week ray rice will have 200+ yards

- - - Updated - - -

Game ball: Timmons ,clark, and sushi

Goat: Woodley for not setting the edge at all If he plays like that next week ray rice will have 200+ yards

X-Terminator
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised or upset. The Steelers always play like this against bad teams, going back to the Cowher years. You should be used to it by now.

zulater
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Yea, me either. That's why they came out in the second half playing like shit again.

There was no fire from any of the players in this game. Our OL has been nasty the last few games and they didn't have any of that tonight.

Yeah, you have to wonder if that was more than just coincidence. Maybe if he had lit a fire under their asses and told them they were lucky they even in the game they would have come out with more emotion in the second half, and maybe he wouldn't have lost his qb!

st33lersguy
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Gameball: Timmons and the Chiefs players, both played crucial roles in this win
Goathorns: LeBeau, why does he insist on running that prevent defnese that blows leads EVERYTIME. Also to the rest of the team, awful, awful game

fansince'76
11-12-2012, 11:07 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised or upset. The Steelers always play like this against bad teams, going back to the Cowher years. You should be used to it by now.

Yep. I said last week that this game had "20-17 squeaker" written all over it. Well, make that 16-13.

zulater
11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Gameball. The refs who tried like hell to give us this game in regulation.

Succup. Talk about a player appropriatly named. :chuckle:

Craic
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Everybody sucked tonight,except for Timmons

Add to that Squeezme (the way he's playing, I'm going to have to learn to actually spell his name right) and our safeties and CB's. Really, except for a couple plays, they really ratched down. IN truth, our entire defense ratched down from Ben's injury on through to the end of the fourth quarter. That last drive had me thinking about earlier in the year, but then they took over in OT - so I gotta give the defense the game ball overall.

Goat? The entire first half team pretty much, and most of the second half team as well.

steelreserve
11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Game ball: Timmons, Cassel, #76 on the Chiefs who got the holding penalty

Goat: Sanders, Redman

I thought Kiesel actually played pretty well too, but more like honorable mention level.

Psycho Ward 86
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
They had no respect for the pass so they jammed everything underneath.

Oh by the way for Tood Haley. Run another screen you moron! Just because the last 5 lost yardage doesn't mean it wont eventually work!

almost all of those bad screen plays were with byron leftwich.

zulater
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM

I thought Kiesel actually played pretty well too, but more like honorable mention level.

Keisel did play good now that you mention it. Outside the last drive in regulation the defense did the job in the second half. .

- - - Updated - - -

almost all of those bad screen plays were with byron leftwich.

Yeah I know. We're lucky he didn't get one of his receivers killed.

zulater
11-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Wallace deserves some mention here for that exceptional catch in the end zone! :applaudit:

7willBheaven
11-12-2012, 11:56 PM

Actually the reporter said that once they settled in and go through the "feeling out period" and started playing better he liked what he saw. Never said he liked everything he saw.

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2012, 02:23 AM

no one on offense really stood out but what did sanders do so wrong? i feel like i missed something

Austin87
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Gameball goes to Timmons, Clark, Suisham and the refs. Refs where a little harsh on the Chiefs.

Goat goes to the rest of the team.

steelpride12
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM

Exactly. Even fans at the stadium were gloating and saying how easy of a game this would be. I honestly just laughed at them and couldn't believe I was hearing that. Steeler fans just don't get it, but the honest sad fact is we play down to our teams and have for years and with no end in sight that's for sure.

Game Ball: Timmons, Sushi, and Clark
Goats: Offensive Line, RB's, DLine ( The Chiefs used the same stretch play almost every drive and the DL was pushed back each time.)

Moose
11-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Game BALL === SUISHAM, the ONLY player doing his job !!

Game PIECE OF SHIT ==== the REST of the Steeler team. Coaches and remaining player's. No game plan, no execution, no momentum. The team looked dead from the start. NO defense, NO offense. The team SUCKED !! Worst performance of the year !! PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC. LUCKY WIN !! Ben was probably glad to get the hell out of there.

tube517
11-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Game ball: Suisham, Timmons

Goats: The rest of the team and coaches

Steeldude
11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Game ball: LT
Goats: Everyone, especially Redman and Dwyer. Worst effort I've ever seen.

Really? They were both churning those legs. I blame more of that on the O-line that couldn't open holes.

Heroes - Timmons, Suisham, Clark

Goats - Foote, Woodley, Hampton, Hood and most of the O-line

steelreserve
11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
no one on offense really stood out but what did sanders do so wrong? i feel like i missed something

Just seemed like he hardly ever got open, let a couple balls go through his hands, lacked explosiveness ... generally disappointed in most of the things you'd hope your #2 receiver would do. Basically a dud in his first game where we were counting on him to step up.

Seven
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Game balls: Timmons, Clark, Suisham

Goats: Sanders, Woodley, Redman

BlastFurnace
11-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Game Ball to Timmons and Suisham.

Goat to The WoodenDong...aka Lamar Woodley. What a waste of cap space. He is either on his back, completely blocked out the play by a single player, or injured. He can't even hold the edge on a running play. The only type of player he ever beats on a rush is when they put a back on him. All night long they rushed right at him and Hood. Both are worthless.

Seven
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Game Ball to Timmons and Suisham.

Goat to The WoodenDong...aka Lamar Woodley. What a waste of cap space. He is either on his back, completely blocked out the play by a single player, or injured. He can't even hold the edge on a running play. The only type of player he ever beats on a rush is when they put a back on him. All night long they rushed right at him and Hood. Both are worthless.

I actually think Hood is getting a raw deal. Seems to me he was double teamed quite a bit and without much support from behind (Woodley) I don't know what he's supposed to do other than try and hold his ground against 2 - 3 run blockers, which isn't going to happen. Not saying he had a good game, he could have gotten more penetration even under the circumstances - but I don't think he played as poorly as everyone is making it sound like. It's the linebacker's job to make the tackle in this scheme and Woodley couldn't shed his man to do so leaving it up to Allen and whatever corner had that side.

BlastFurnace
11-13-2012, 09:52 AM
I actually think Hood is getting a raw deal. Seems to me he was double teamed quite a bit and without much support from behind (Woodley) I don't know what he's supposed to do other than try and hold his ground against 2 - 3 run blockers, which isn't going to happen. Not saying he had a good game, he could have gotten more penetration even under the circumstances - but I don't think he played as poorly as everyone is making it sound like. It's the linebacker's job to make the tackle in this scheme and Woodley couldn't shed his man to do so leaving it up to Allen and whatever corner had that side.

Perhaps your right about Hood. Woodley is supposed to be the playmaker on that side after Hood takes on the blockers and he isn't. He's too fat and slow to do anything. He's not the same player than he was before he signed that deal.

86WARD
11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Game Ball. Timmons/Suisham/Miller.

Goats. 50 others and coaching staff.

Seven
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Perhaps your right about Hood. Woodley is supposed to be the playmaker on that side after Hood takes on the blockers and he isn't. He's too fat and slow to do anything. He's not the same player than he was before he signed that deal.

It's really ashame that he has been playing so poorly. He makes a lot of posts on social media about how fired up he is for the games and how much he wants to win for the fans, and he seems genuine about it, but when he hits the field I just see a lack of hustle.

I think you described it perfectly here

He is either on his back, completely blocked out the play by a single player, or injured. He can't even hold the edge on a running play. The only type of player he ever beats on a rush is when they put a back on him.

steelreserve
11-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Woodley is supposed to be an impact player, but the only "impact" he's made lately is when his sorry butt gets manhandled to the ground. Did you see him get stiffarmed by that RB in the first half? He just got embarrassed on that play. Too much of that going on for a guy who we're counting on to dominate that side of the line of scrimmage.

BlastFurnace
11-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Woodley is supposed to be an impact player, but the only "impact" he's made lately is when his sorry butt gets manhandled to the ground. Did you see him get stiffarmed by that RB in the first half? He just got embarrassed on that play. Too much of that going on for a guy who we're counting on to dominate that side of the line of scrimmage.

It was Hillis who did that. He flattened Woodley. Like I said earlier, Woodley can't even set the edge.

Edman
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Forget Ziggy Hood, the WoodenDong has been crapping himself in the run game going back to last year. Teams are running to his side because he can't set the edge, getting stoned by blockers, missing tackles, or being out of position. He talks a mean game but doesn't play one.

He isn't the same player he was in 2008-2009 that's for sure.

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Just seemed like he hardly ever got open, let a couple balls go through his hands, lacked explosiveness ... generally disappointed in most of the things you'd hope your #2 receiver would do. Basically a dud in his first game where we were counting on him to step up.

hmm. i thought he only dropped one in the 1st quarter. that throw in the endzone from leftwich was just a ridiculously bad throw if thats what you were thinking about

Seven
11-13-2012, 10:50 AM
hmm. i thought he only dropped one in the 1st quarter. that throw in the endzone from leftwich was just a ridiculously bad throw if thats what you were thinking about

He was credited with 2 receptions on 7 targets. Targets recorded are supposed to be only the "catchable" balls, which I guess is sort of a matter of opinion, but still - that's pretty bad.

But the thing that really stood out to me was the lack of separation by all receivers, more than drops. I think the team really missed AB's quick feet.

st33lersguy
11-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Gameball: Chiefs players and refs

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Gameball: Timmons and the Chiefs players, both played crucial roles in this win
Goathorns: LeBeau, why does he insist on running that prevent defnese that blows leads EVERYTIME. Also to the rest of the team, awful, awful game

I'm not going to give goat horns to LeBeau. He adjusted, and his guys played with some fire in their bellies in the second half. What kind of defense was he supposed to call on 4th and 15 with both of our starting safeties gone? If Clark's concussion keeps him out of the Ravens game, then Ben or no Ben, we are screwed.

fansince'76
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Gameball: Chiefs players and refs

ITZ UH KIN-SPEAR-A-SEE! DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS! (http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=759562#p759562) :cry02:

Wonder if any of the crybaby dickheads managed to catch the second quarter of the Steelers/Giants game. :coffee:

If the media jumps on a team, good ol' Rog sees a chance to make some money off of them being good. I was thinking he would be at that Giants and Stealers game last week and he was of course. Those are his golden boys.

Right, asshole, Der Kommissar's presence at that game had nothing to do at all with Hurricane Sandy. And yeah, DA STEALERS sure were favored by the refs in that game! The only reason the Giants scored at all were due to a bunch of bullshit calls.

sure would like to see Seattle meet the squeelers in post season, frankly the squeelers are so horrible I doubt they make it one round, Ive watched several of their games and they really do suck, without bad refs they would be blown out every other week, those refs are a huge blemish on the league...

sad really

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=759555#p759555

Sure, never mind the fact that the only reason your shit team is above .500 at the moment was because the Packers got robbed on arguably the worst call by a ref this season.

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Overall Timmons had a great game, but even he whiffed big time on a TD run that we were lucky enough to have called back.

Specifics aside, the big problem I had with our offense is that when the going got tough, we don't have one guy that says to himself, "I'm going to take over this game. I'm going to be perfect." That's one thing I loved about Stonio when he was a Steeler, and Hines before his skill set started to go. They stepped up beyond their physical abilities with a mental toughness that didn't allow them to fail. When Brown is in there, he seems to play like this on occasion, and of course Heath is Mr. Reliable, but he is needed so much in the blocking game that you can't count on him to be that every down playmaker. Apart from Heath, it seems like all of our guys had drops when it mattered. Even Ben, when he was in there, didn't look that sharp. I'm sure a lot of that was the wetness of the ball, but I still for the life of me can't figure out why he wasn't wearing gloves. He claims to love gloves and says that they give him a tighter spiral, more accuracy, and more velocity.

I admire Wallace's catch, but really it was a little bit of skill and a lot of luck. If he'd actually made a one handed grab, I would have been in awe.

Seven
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
ITZ UH KIN-SPEAR-A-SEE! DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS! (http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=759562#p759562) :cry02:

Wonder if any of the crybaby dickheads managed to catch the second quarter of the Steelers/Giants game. :coffee:

Right, asshole, Der Kommissar's presence at that game had nothing to do at all with Hurricane Sandy. And yeah, DA STEALERS sure were favored by the refs in that game! The only reason the Giants scored at all were due to a bunch of bullshit calls.

Who gives a shit. They live in fucking Seattle.

fansince'76
11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Who gives a shit. They live in fucking Seattle.

They're fun to mock. :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2012, 11:29 AM

The refs didn't do us a whole lot of favors in this game. I'll admit that the offensive PI call, while technically true, is rarely called and probably shouldn't be, especially at the end of a game when it matters. But we could nitpick about a whole lot of flags that should have been called on the Chiefs that weren't. A couple of PIs for sure. What's funny is that Wallace TD was blatant PI where the defender never even turned back to the ball. I was screaming at the TV so hard for the flag that my wife had to gently tell me that Wallace actually caught it for a touch down. However, if Wallace happened to roll out of bounds before controlling it, and the TD was overturned, we would have been screwed by the failure to throw the flag.

I also question the spot on our last offensive play that could have been a first down. I know the yellow line on TV is not official but it's usually pretty close and the ball clearly got completely past it. It's hard to challenge a spot like that over a couple of inches and win. Still, we had a time out. Wouldn't have killed us to try.

The only truly blatantly bad call was the Lefty "fumble" that thankfully was overturned.

Seven
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
They're fun to mock. :chuckle:

It's been nearly a decade and these pansies can't get over losing a championship? Jesus Christ. If that team ever makes it to another Super Bowl I hope the refs "job" them so hard every Hawks fan in existence simultaneously ejaculate themselves into a pool of whining blubber more worthless than Mike Holmgren.

Steeldude
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Wait a second, I thought Woodley was a god :huh: It looked like the same Woodley I have seen since he arrived.

The only LB to play worse than Woodley was Foote. The guy has no idea where to go.

steelreserve
11-13-2012, 01:00 PM
What about the refs? If anyone was paying attention, that offensive PI call didn't make any difference, because they got a first down on the next play anyway. :jerkit:

Count Steeler
11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Wait a second, I thought Woodley was a god :huh: It looked like the same Woodley I have seen since he arrived.

The only LB to play worse than Woodley was Foote. The guy has no idea where to go.

Makes me wonder how bad Sylvester must be.

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2012, 04:23 PM

sure he does. backwards

stillers4me
11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Heath was golden....again.

SteelGhost
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Game ball to Suisham and Timmons.

Goat ? :scratchchin: Nevermind :chuckle:

Devilsdancefloor
11-13-2012, 11:27 PM

He was A lot better at setting the edge in 08-09, but ever since id say the houston game last year he hasnt set the edge very well and i think Ziggy is trying to do more than he should and he is looking bad (youwouldnt happen to be a OSU fan picking on to missagain guys would you?)

Makes me wonder how bad Sylvester must be.

Sly has a hamstring i believe, so he hasnt been healthy, but i do want to see what the young man can do! i believe he is RFA next year

bayz101
11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
You should all know by now that our LineBackers start getting hot and making big plays. In '10 they got hot quick. In '11 Harrison and Woodley both got hot a little later, and both suffered injuries. This year, i'm expecting them to get hot and dominate when it MATTERS.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 12:33 AM
You should all know by now that our LineBackers start getting hot and making big plays. In '10 they got hot quick. In '11 Harrison and Woodley both got hot a little later, and both suffered injuries. This year, i'm expecting them to get hot and dominate when it MATTERS.

how so, there is nothing to indicate the defense at all in trending up. theyre playing exactly like they are last season. little pressure, virtually no turnovers, which will come back to bite you "when it matters" against the big boys in the playoffs. assuming we get our shit together to make it. im just about giving one of the wildcards to the broncos. peyton is just playing lights out and the rest of their schedule is comically easy. gonna be a tough horse race against the colts. andrew luck isnt the only one getting better every game, its that defense

steelreserve
11-14-2012, 12:34 AM

Well, that would be this coming Sunday, because otherwise we're boned.

Craic
11-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Actually, they are trending up.

A good example is fourth quarters. They've allowed one drive in the fourth quarter of any substance, and that drive ended in a field goal over the last three games. Also important to note, is the INT in OT. That is a VAST improvement over the last four years.

Pass defense - in the first five games, they allowed three 200 yard pass games. Starting with the Bengals (where the team began to turn the season around), the defense has not allowed one 100 yard passer.

First downs - the defense allowed over 20 first downs in three of the first five games as well (and almost a fourth). Since then, the Redskins are at the top with 17 first downs, with the rest much lower (14, 13, 11 - in no particular order).

Score - the defense allowed two 30+ point games and one 26 point game in the first five. Since then, they have allowed no team to score 20 points (the Giants scored on a defensive play). Since the Bengals put us 17 points, the Steelers D has only allowed 13 or fewer points in each of the last three games.

In all honesty, those numbers are a heck of a lot more important than sack numbers and turnover numbers - because if a team gets a sack, and then allows a first down on the next play, the sack is invalidated. If the team gets a turnover, then allows the offense to march down and score the next time their on the field, the turnover didn't really matter - especially if we didn't convert any points out of it. With the these numbers now trending up, things become a lot more dangerous for other teams. Every small mistake gets magnified because yards and first downs and points are becoming much harder to get against this team.

I'd much rather have that, then gaudy numbers for sacks and turnovers, and still watch teams drive to win the game.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2012, 02:24 AM
In all honesty, those numbers are a heck of a lot more important than sack numbers and turnover numbers - because if a team gets a sack, and then allows a first down on the next play, the sack is invalidated. If the team gets a turnover, then allows the offense to march down and score the next time their on the field, the turnover didn't really matter - especially if we didn't convert any points out of it. With the these numbers now trending up, things become a lot more dangerous for other teams. Every small mistake gets magnified because yards and first downs and points are becoming much harder to get against this team.

I'd much rather have that, then gaudy numbers for sacks and turnovers, and still watch teams drive to win the game.

thats a given. and thats exactly what a lot of us said last season. i would agree with you if it werent for last season haunting me. if this defense is playing like it did last season, the defense that couldnt even beat tebow, its looking a heck of a lot worse for against likely playoff teams this season: houston, ravens, colts, broncos, patriots. Yikes. gonna start needing those sacks and turnovers against those guys.

- - - Updated - - -

thats a given. and thats exactly what a lot of us said last season. i would agree with you if it werent for last season haunting me. if this defense is playing like it did last season, the defense that couldnt even beat tebow, its looking a heck of a lot worse for against likely playoff teams this season: houston, ravens, colts, broncos, patriots. Yikes. gonna start needing those sacks and turnovers against those guys.

Craic
11-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Then last season, you would've been wrong because the Steelers were allowing teams to drive and score in the fourth quarter. That was a very specific point I made in my post. Part of the trending upward, is that teams are no longer driving and scoring for the win.

I was about to post stats, but I decided to make a new thread for it, since the stats really are telling.