PDA

View Full Version : Injury doesn't slow improvement of Steelers' Rainey

zulater
11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/injury-doesn-t-slow-improvement-of-steelers-rainey/article_989d78da-37f3-5527-921f-b6d941088efa.html

PITTSBURGH — For the past several days, Chris Rainey’s cracked rib hurt so much that he ached in pain even when he laughed. But that didn’t stop his teammates from cracking jokes at his expense.
“The guys are trying to make me laugh on purpose,” said the Steelers’ rookie scatback. “Not fair.”
Rainey is a jovial young man who fits in well with a cast of fun-loving characters like Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. Since they all dress in close proximity in one corner of the Steelers’ locker room, there’s always friendly banter between them before and after practice.
Even when one of them is hurt.
Tonight, though, it’s time for Rainey and all the Steelers to get serious. They have rebounded nicely from a 2-3 start with three straight wins. They are starting to look like serious playoff contenders.
Rainey has been a part of the surge.

GBMelBlount
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Rainey has proven to be a good 5th round pick.

Adams is shaping up well also.

Spence, DeCastro & Felona'amu...Jury is still out.

stillers4me
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I can't imagine playing with a broken rib. I had one out of place once and just driving the car over the bump on the curb to pull into the chiropractor's parking lot was excruciating.