PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Offensive Line Face a Potentially Tough Chiefs Defensive Front

stillers4me
11-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Everyone is talking about how the Steelers match up against the Chiefs could be a trap game. Well, I think the offensive line needs to be ready for a challenge. The Chiefs linebackers account for nearly all of their sacks this year and they could give the Steelers offensive line an unexpected battle. If you think: “Oh, the Steelers offensive line is really doing great over the last few games, so don’t worry about it” maybe you should give the Chiefs a little more credit. These guys might just be playing for pride. It could be a strong motivational tool to play against your former head coach. Even better if you plant his quarterback on the ground a few times. No one expects anything from the Chiefs. They can choose to keep playing the way they are, or they can choose to prove everyone wrong. What better time than to beat the Steelers. Ummm, heellooooo – remember the game against the Raiders? The Steelers are saying all the right things as if they aren’t going to let themselves get caught up in the hype. But they said all that before they played the Raiders.

Here’s the match up as I see it:..........read more @
http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/11/09/steelers-offensive-line-face-a-potentially-tough-chiefs-defensive-line/

zulater
11-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Tood Haley is very familiar with the Chiefs personell. I think he has enough weapons in the arsenal to play away from their strengths.

Seven
11-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Something that piece fails to mention is how putred the defensive linemen in front of those linebackers are. Tamba Hali has five sacks, and that's scary? Come on, we're halfway through the season and Hali is a player of 15 sack per-year caliber. Jackson, Smith and Poe don't scare me at all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I saw Starks, Colon and Foster playing sluggish and to just before the whistle....not blocking until after the whistle. Looked as if they were not up to the challenge in the run game for some reason. Chiefs D line is big and strong and I think they occupied the Steelers O line enough to let their ILB's make stops in the run game.

Flip side was that the Steelers Larry Foote was getting pushed 7-10 yards downfield in the run game and ineffective as ususal. I like Larry Foote, but he is a liability on the football field for the Steelers.