PDA

View Full Version : Losing a TD, cash don't compare to Sanders' loss in 2011

stillers4me
11-11-2012, 07:51 AM
After a practice Thursday, he was razzed hard by his teammates for getting taken down by the punter on what should have been a touchdown a week ago in a win against the New York Giants.
"Slow Money," cornerback Keenan Lewis quipped about Sanders, a reference to the "Young Money" nickname of the Steelers wide receivers corps.

On Friday, "Slow Money" became "No Money" after being docked $15,000 by the NFL for what league officials felt was a feigned injury that allowed the Steelers to stop the clock without using a timeout in a late drive in an October victory at Cincinnati. On Saturday, Sanders said little on the matter other than he will appeal the levy.

But relative to where he was a year ago at this time, if this counts as a tough week for a third-year wide receiver -- one in which he prepares to start Monday night against Kansas City in place of an injured Antonio Brown -- he likely will take it..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/losing-a-td-cash-dont-compare-to-sanders-loss-in-2011-661604/#ixzz2BvDkfEDT

GBMelBlount
11-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Sanders and Brown have very similar ability and measurables as receivers.

In fact, their well publicised rookie competition was very back and forth and Sanders may have even had an edge over Brown going into last season.

If Sanders has a good couple of games his value / price may jump significantly.

When a door closes a window opens...

Devilsdancefloor
11-11-2012, 09:47 AM
i am excited for him! He has the ability and personally i can not wait to see what he can do

ALLD
11-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Sanders is not as refined a route runner and his hands are not as good. He is a luxury to have though because he is still a quality WR. He is a legitimate #2 on any team.