PDA

View Full Version : AFC not as dominant in recent years

stillers4me
11-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Headed toward an historically inept season, the Kansas City Chiefs, who have not led in any of their games for even a minute, will drag their 1-7 record into Heinz Field on Monday night to play the Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/).

“That’s been a surprise,” said former NFL general manager Charley Casserly, an analyst for CBS and the NFL Network. “Everyone looked at them to be a playoff contender. But they’ve had an inordinate number of turnovers (29), and their quarterback play hasn’t been very good.”

The quarterback play in Cleveland, Tennessee, Oakland, Jacksonville and Buffalo hasn’t been so hot, either. In some cases, it’s been downright awful and so have other facets of the game, like playing defense. Including the Chiefs, these six teams are a combined 13-38..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2913715-85/afc-teams-nfc-steelers-team-bottom-chiefs-season-win-3-5#ixzz2BvCPYvYw

zulater
11-11-2012, 09:09 AM
The Steelers, Patriots and Texans can play with any of the NFC's big boys. Yeah I know the Texans got trounced by the Packers. But the Packers got beat by the Colts, so what does any one game prove?

Count Steeler
11-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Steelers 3-0 against the "most talented division in the NFL". Only the Cowboys left for the sweep. Really, the only thing that matters is the SB.

Edman
11-11-2012, 11:12 AM
The Steelers got extremely lucky the rest of the AFC got off to a lame start. In years past, a 2-3 start with three AFC Losses is a death knell.

Right now, Only the Steelers and Patriots can hang with the NFC's best. The Texans I'm not so sure. They were completely smashed at home by the Packers, we'll see if they how they fare against the 7-1 Bears.

The Ravens are an odd team this year. They're a 6-2 team and lead the North but have serious chinks in their armor. Kind of odd that the first competent team they've played all year (The Texans) completely crushed them. This year's Ravens are kind of like last year's Steelers. Could handle the lesser teams but the top competitors (Ravens, 49ers, Texans), their flaws were exposed and they were owned.

zulater
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
The Steelers, Patriots and Texans can play with any of the NFC's big boys. Yeah I know the Texans got trounced by the Packers. But the Packers got beat by the Colts, so what does any one game prove?

ahem

Craic
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
ahem

The biggest problem with your quote . . . is that I have to give some kind of credit to the Pats,* which I refuse to do! :p