PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer expects to play Monday vs. Chiefs

polamalubeast
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Running back Jonathan Dwyer, who missed Sunday’s game against the New York Giants, said he expects to play Monday against Kansas City at Heinz Field.

Dwyer (quadricep) fully participated in practice Friday.

Dwyer’s availability is good news for the running game. Steelers running backs have had a difficult time staying healthy this season. They had only two backs, Isaac Redman and Baron Batch, in the second half against the Giants after Chris Rainey left with a rib injury.

“In this league, it’s good to have multiple running backs,” said Redman, who rushed for 147 yards on 26 carries. “My body was pretty banged up. I ran about 53 plays, which is quite a bit of snaps for a running back. So, when you have those extra running backs that can come in and help and take some of the load off you, it’s always good.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2904895-85/running-game-steelers-backs-dwyer-couple-defensive-giants-kansas-practice?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29#ixzz2Blmjt2kW
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

- - - Updated - - -

Safety Troy Polamalu (calf), tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (hamstring) missed practice Friday. Running back Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) was limited in practice, but Rainey (rib) and kicker Shaun Suisham (left ankle) participated fully.

Count Steeler
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Got to give it up for Rainey. He has to be in some pain, but he is showing he has some guts. I'm sure he could have easily coasted through this week's practices and no one would have said a word.

Seven
11-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Do we know who is starting in the backfield yet? If they're going to split carries I'd rather have them do it by quarter or half than I would by play or series. Let these guys get into a rhythm and don't worry about fatigue.

steelpride12
11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Awesome to have Dywer and Redman both ready to go for Monday night. Split the carries evenly and use who is working best. Use two RB's to an advantage and keep the defenses off their feet. The more RB's the more dynamic.

steeldawg
11-10-2012, 11:04 AM
This will be interesting to see what we do in the offseason with these guys.

polamalubeast
11-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Mark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib 3min
Isaac Redman told me he will start Monday against the Chiefs.

ALLD
11-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I would start Redzone too. Bring in Dwyer if needed or to knock some rust off.

SteelGhost
11-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Do we know who is starting in the backfield yet? If they're going to split carries I'd rather have them do it by quarter or half than I would by play or series. Let these guys get into a rhythm and don't worry about fatigue.

I agree, let Dwyer rest to be ready for the purple guys.