PDA

View Full Version : Steelers cornerback Taylor named AFC defensive player of the week

polamalubeast
11-07-2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-cornerback-taylor-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-week-660991/

steelerdude15
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Good for Ike!

steelpride12
11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Congrats Ike. Great to see how far he has come since the beginning of the season!

Craic
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Remember lo those many weeks ago when people were claiming he was the worst CB in the league?

That's why we should never judge a player on one or two games. Especially a veteran.

polamalubeast
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Remember lo those many weeks ago when people were claiming he was the worst CB in the league?

That's why we should never judge a player on one or two games. Especially a veteran.

The overreaction are sometimes ridiculous

Devilsdancefloor
11-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Congrats to Ike!! maybe this will help him get/ keep his mojo!

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM

The reality is that Ike wasn't playing well. He got called out on it and that seems to have woke him up.

I'm glad to have him back playing up to his ability.

stillers4me
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) cornerback Ike Taylor has been chosen as the AFC defensive player of the week for the second time in his career.

Taylor made the first interception by a Steelers cornerback this season during the 24-20 win Sunday over the New York Giants. He also made five tackles and broke up a pass as the Steelers held Giants quarterback Eli Manning to season lows in completions (10) and passing yards (125).

Taylor played in his 131st consecutive game, the longest streak by any current NFL cornerback..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2905488-85/steelers-taylor-week-player-cornerback-defensive-afc-giants-moye-season#ixzz2BaOLWP9y

Count Steeler
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Congrats Ike. Let's keep it going.

The LAKE NESS MONSTERS, coming to take your passing game away.

salamander
11-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Ike T Swaggin'!

ALLD
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Eli Manning should have gotten it.

tube517
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
I heard they gave the award to Ike but it bounced off his chest.

Count Steeler
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I heard they gave the award to Ike but it bounced off his chest.

Well, when he gets an interception, the earth moves.

zulater
11-08-2012, 05:44 AM

No one was claiming it, the numbers were pronouncing it loud and clear. Through the first 5 weeks he was putrid and he was a big part of the reason we lost to the Raiders, Broncos, and Titans.

Fans weren't being premature, Ike started off the season lousy and given how last season ended for him and the Steelers, how could you not wonder if he came to a career crossroads?

I'm glad he's rebounded and improved the quality of his play.

By the way I'm happy for Ike getting this award. But Keenan Lewis had a better overall game against the Giants in my opinion.

tube517
11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
No one was claiming it, the numbers were pronouncing it loud and clear. Through the first 5 weeks he was putrid and he was a big part of the reason we lost to the Raiders, Broncos, and Titans.

Fans weren't being premature, Ike started off the season lousy and given how last season ended for him and the Steelers, how could you not wonder if he came to a career crossroads?

I'm glad he's rebounded and improved the quality of his play.

By the way I'm happy for Ike getting this award. But Keenan Lewis had a better overall game against the Giants in my opinion.

Agreed.

Austin87
11-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Congrats Ike!

Every player on the team is slowly but surely improving game by game, can't wait for the playoffs.