PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: All eyes on Haley

polamalubeast
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
The Steelers take on the Kansas City Chiefs and their NFL-worst 1-7 record Monday, and much of the focus will be on offensive coordinator Todd Haley facing his former team.

Haley was fired as the Chiefs coach after 13 games last season, a year after Kansas City went 10-6. Haley and Chiefs QB Todd Cassel had public disagreements, one after Cassel gave up early on a Haley play call and spiked the ball on a third-and-goal from the 6 against Minnesota. Haley and Ben Roethlisberger have had no such public spats.

“I think we’re evolving constantly,” Roethlisberger said of the Steelers’ offense. “There are things we’re putting in midweek and taking out midweek. I think that’s just the good balance and good working relationship that we all have, this offense, coach to player and player to coach. It’s going well.”

No getting ahead

How bad have the Chiefs been in their first full season since Haley left? They have played 480 minutes of regulation this season without holding a lead. Their only win came when they beat the Saints on an overtime field goal. They were the first NFL team since the 1929 Buffalo Bisons to not lead in regulation in any of their first seven games.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2898809-85/haley-chiefs-record-coach-season-steelers-todd-cassel-games-goal#ixzz2BUE8IzXU
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

steeldawg
11-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Haley will be looking to run it up.

Count Steeler
11-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Tomlin should just give him the reigns for this week.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Tomlin should just give him the reigns for this week.

That is how I feel too....I would love to see Haley pull out all of the stops and he and Ben put on a clinic.

polamalubeast
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
run the score!!!!!

stillers4me
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Keep him away from the phones.

fansince'76
11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
This has got "20-17 squeaker" written all over it. Wish we were playing a better team.

ALLD
11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
28-10 and then they bring in charlie Batch!

HollywoodSteel
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Who the hell is Todd Cassel?

X-Terminator
11-06-2012, 07:11 PM

More of that award-winning proofreading skill on display! :sarcasm:

Trib, it's MATT Cassel! Do you have anyone there who checks your stories before you post them??

Psycho Ward 86
11-06-2012, 07:30 PM
That is how I feel too....I would love to see Haley pull out all of the stops and he and Ben put on a clinic.

i just hope haley doesnt show any new plays or formations against these guys. remember we have baltimore the next week. hate to look ahead but i couldnt help myself

Mach1
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
i just hope haley doesnt show any new plays or formations against these guys. remember we have baltimore the next week. hate to look ahead but i couldnt help myself

But it would give the rats more to worry about. :noidea:

LLT
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM

C'mon...you know...Todd Cassell. Used to be coached by Matt Haley. :sarcasm:

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2012, 02:28 AM
C'mon...you know...Todd Cassell. Used to be coached by Matt Haley. :sarcasm:

you mean the guy having a shaky relationship with his quarterback mike roethlisberger?

Steeldude
11-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Haley will be looking to run it up.

It would be great to see the Steelers crush a team, but it won't happen this coming Monday. The Steelers rarely run up a score. I predict a 24-23 victory by the Steelers.

Psycho Ward 86
11-10-2012, 01:56 AM
But it would give the rats more to worry about. :noidea:

the last thing we need to worry about is intimidating the ravens imo. we know what to expect from them and they know what to expect from us. its always going to be a dogfight regardless

salamander
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Like others on here, I still have a feeling this game is going to be closer than it should be. I hope I'm wrong.

Craic
11-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Like others on here, I still have a feeling this game is going to be closer than it should be. I hope I'm wrong.

I think it'll be closer than many of us want, but the reason won't be because of how we play - or actually, it'll be exactly because of how we play. I think our defense gives up a TD and a fieldgoal for 10 points. I think our offense gets two TD's and a field goal for 17 points. Maybe three TD's for 21 points.

However, the Chiefs offense will have the ball for about 3-5 minutes of the fourth quarter, and they'll run 3-7 plays from the LOS not including punts or FG tries. Meanwhile, we'll be running the ball for most of the third and all of the fourth quarter, putting in a few passes here and there.

Matter of fact, this will be the game where we come to closest to having two one-hundred yard rushers in the same game (if not actually achieve it).

salamander
11-10-2012, 09:12 PM
I think it'll be closer than many of us want, but the reason won't be because of how we play - or actually, it'll be exactly because of how we play. I think our defense gives up a TD and a fieldgoal for 10 points. I think our offense gets two TD's and a field goal for 17 points. Maybe three TD's for 21 points.

However, the Chiefs offense will have the ball for about 3-5 minutes of the fourth quarter, and they'll run 3-7 plays from the LOS not including punts or FG tries. Meanwhile, we'll be running the ball for most of the third and all of the fourth quarter, putting in a few passes here and there.

Matter of fact, this will be the game where we come to closest to having two one-hundred yard rushers in the same game (if not actually achieve it).

As long as we get the "W" in the end, I'll be a happy camper. :drink: