PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Might Get Troy Polamalu & Marcus Gilbert Back For Ravens Game

polamalubeast
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-might-get-troy-polamalu-marcus-gilbert-back-for-ravens-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Psycho Ward 86
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
the way allen is filling in and lewis is stepping up, we might not even need troy. the ravens are going to show up to play no matter what anyways.

bayz101
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Quite honestly, and I can't believe i'm saying this, their replacements seem to be doing just fine, and I don't agree with disrupting any chemistry that may be developing on both sides of the ball.

stillers4me
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Quite honestly, and I can't believe i'm saying this, their replacements seem to be doing just fine, and I don't agree with disrupting any chemistry that may be developing on both sides of the ball.

:jawdrop2: Blasphemy!!!

Count Steeler
11-06-2012, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but you have to go with your best talent. If we keep playing like this and add Troy to the mix, our turnovers should start to appear again.

steelreserve
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Had to make a correction to the title.

salamander
11-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Sounds about right.

Steeldude
11-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Have Polamalu play ILB : )

fansince'76
11-07-2012, 08:39 AM

Correction to your correction.

Craic
11-07-2012, 11:11 AM

My thoughts exactly. You know, his body has been through quite a lot in the last few years. Why not let him rest the rest of this year and get ready for next year. Switch the Safeties in and out so that they both get playing time next year. Extend Troy's career and a level where he can compete, and let Allen continue to watch how he sees and reacts.

steelreserve
11-07-2012, 12:37 PM
My thoughts exactly. You know, his body has been through quite a lot in the last few years. Why not let him rest the rest of this year and get ready for next year. Switch the Safeties in and out so that they both get playing time next year. Extend Troy's career and a level where he can compete, and let Allen continue to watch how he sees and reacts.

Or at the very least, let him rest for this GAME so there's a better chance he'll be effective when we actually need him later this season. He always comes back too soon from these things and not only does the injury nag him for the rest of the year, it's obvious he's not up to par when he IS on the field. If there was ever a game where it's not worth taking the risk, it's this one.

I don't know about shutting him down for the year. Even if we do that, there's no guarantee the same exact thing doesn't happen again next year. You've got to get the best you can out of him, and you don't get much say when or where that's going to be.