PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Injury Report: Antonio Brown Doubtful For Chiefs Game

polamalubeast
11-06-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-injury-report-antonio-brown-doubtful-for-chiefs-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Merchant
11-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Good. Let him rest up and heal for Baltimore.

Craic
11-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I do wonder who they'll throw in for the fourth receiver this week. Anyone think Ward can play for one game? :chuckle:

I have to admit, I don't like the fact that Gilbert is coming back after this next game probably. I think what Adams does for the run game far exceeds what Gilbert does for the passing game.

Last week, I was laughing at the idea of a RB controversy. Now? Sure, Mendenhall starts, but who is the number two? Number three? Do we put Dwyer in there, or does Redman come on as number two? I think Dwyer has more versatility but Redman can pound it out just a tad more. I've always said that good problems are just problems you can't complain about. I think we have that situation now with our RB's.

steelpride12
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't mind AB sitting this Monday night. Tomlin did confirm it just to be a small ankle sprain, but it can still be something that lingers if not given the proper time to heal.

Mendy has a chance to play, but i say if he is not 100% then sit him. We have now two healthy backs who can contribute and there is no point in risking another injury to Mendy.

venom
11-06-2012, 01:48 PM
If there is a game to miss , this is the one .

Steeltreal
11-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Rainey?

polamalubeast
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Mike Tomlin Will Consider Adding A Practice Squad Wide Receiver Later This Week

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-might-get-troy-polamalu-marcus-gilbert-back-for-ravens-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Count Steeler
11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Clemons may get the nod.

Psycho Ward 86
11-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Clemons may get the nod.

or that kid from UW madison that had a great preseason

Count Steeler
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
or that kid from UW madison that had a great preseason

Gilreath. They will promote whoever has shown improvement, I guess.

Steeldude
11-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Rainey?

That's what I am thinking. Rainey in the slot?

zulater
11-07-2012, 08:09 AM
That's what I am thinking. Rainey in the slot?

Not this week, he's hurting as bad as Antonio.

86WARD
11-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Shouldn't need Brown, shouldn't need Troy, shouldn't need anyone banged up. If they can't beat the Chiefs, who by the way have announced that because Brady Quinn is still suffering from concussion symptoms, Matt Cassell will start; if they can't beat the Chiefs, they have many more issues than the injuries. Many more issues.

Again - ...because Brady Quinn is still suffering from concussion symptoms, Matt Cassell will start...

Brady Quinn...

tube517
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
AB is overpaid anyways. :chuckle:

salamander
11-07-2012, 07:26 PM
The Steelers signed former Penn State WR Derek Moye to their practice squad today... I'd kinda like to see what he can do.

SteelGhost
11-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Rest Tone, we'll be fine with Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery and whoever dresses as a 4th. WR for the Chiefs game.

Craic
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Not this week, he's hurting as bad as Antonio.

He did practice today (a day after your post). So Rainey just may end up being the forth guy. It'd make sense, especially if we are coming in with Redman, Dwyer, and Batch as RB's.

Seven
11-09-2012, 02:53 AM
I don't know that they'll promote a receiver for the week. Miller/Rianey (if healthy) should be able to fill in nicely if needed, depending on the set. How often does Haley have four receivers on the field? Not often enough to use another active spot on a fourth wideout in my opinion. Granted if someone gets injured you have a bit of a problem, but I wouldn't be extremely concerned.

steeldawg
11-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I think you promote a fourth wideout in case someone gets hurt.

Seven
11-09-2012, 05:36 AM

Yeah, that would be the only reason to do so in this offense in my opinion. But if the coaches feel they can use that active spot to their advantage at another position I think I'd look at utilizing it that way first.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that would be the only reason to do so in this offense in my opinion. But if the coaches feel they can use that active spot to their advantage at another position I think I'd look at utilizing it that way first.

steeldawg
11-09-2012, 05:44 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I think in our offense it would be a crucial position, because say sanders goes down i the 1st quarter, then we are rolling with wallace cotchery and rainey. I really dont feel comfortable with rainey whos not practicing as a wideout knowing the routes. It only takes one wrong route to result in a pick 6, I think you bring up a 4 who knows how to run the routes just in case. Besides i like rainey out of the backfield on a linebacker better.

86WARD
11-09-2012, 06:16 AM
There's no guarantee that Rainey is playing yet is there?

polamalubeast
11-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Steelers final report: Polamalu, Brown, Gilbert, Sylvester out. Mendenhall doubtful. Carter questionable. Rainey, Dwyer, Suisham probable.

Count Steeler
11-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Oops. Wrong thread.

polamalubeast
11-10-2012, 02:52 PM
wrong topic!

ALLD
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Expect Cotchery to have a career game. Pope might even catch a few. Wallace will drop 3 or 4, but catch a TD.

Psycho Ward 86
11-10-2012, 05:33 PM
smh...people still thinking wallace has such awful hands all of a sudden after half a season :lol:

86WARD
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
smh...people still thinking wallace has such awful hands all of a sudden after half a season :lol:

In those people's defense, they've pretty much thought that since the holdout ended.

zulater
11-10-2012, 06:36 PM
What do these last few posts have to do with Antonio Brown's or any other Steeler injury?

Psycho Ward 86
11-10-2012, 06:40 PM
What do these last few posts have to do with Antonio Brown's or any other Steeler injury?

because brown not playing just means wallace will get ragged on unless he triples his production, makes clutch plays, difficult catches, and of course, never drops a ball

zulater
11-10-2012, 06:49 PM
because brown not playing just means wallace will get ragged on unless he triples his production, makes clutch plays, difficult catches, and of course, never drops a ball

Just stupid. :doh:

Just plain fucking stupid!!!

By the way that's not directed an any one poster specifically. Just this whole bullshit of trying to start a civil war over a difference's of opinion on a players worth, and jumping the topic from thread to thread when we already have one thread specifically dealing with said player and subject matter.:thumbdown:

Psycho Ward 86
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Just stupid. :doh:

Just plain fucking stupid!!!

By the way that's not directed an any one poster specifically. Just this whole bullshit of trying to start a civil war over a difference's of opinion on a players worth, and jumping the topic from thread to thread when we already have one thread specifically dealing with said player and subject matter.:thumbdown:

you asked, i answered. see if im wrong after the game

zulater
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I hope Antonio is a full go for the Ravens game.

And as strange as it may sound I hope Mendenhall and Polamalu wait to come back the following week against the Browns. Particularly Mendy. Nothing against either of them, but the ground game has found a good groove with Dwyer and Redman. Adding Mendy to the equation at this point would only clutter things. Put him in against Cleveland to see where he's at before throwing him into the fire against the Ravens. Plus I don't think Mendy has a very good history against the Ravens.

With Polamalu it's a little more complicated. I just don't want him going in there at 50-60% and getting another setback. Plus he may need a couple games to get back in game shape once he is ready to go. And I don't want him chasing down a Ravens touchdown from behind because he's not game ready yet.

Oh well I guess the coaches will know what to do. But in all honestly give us a healthy Antonio Brown and have no new significant injuries going into the Ravens game and I like our chances.

steeldawg
11-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I hope Antonio is a full go for the Ravens game.

And as strange as it may sound I hope Mendenhall and Polamalu wait to come back the following week against the Browns. Particularly Mendy. Nothing against either of them, but the ground game has found a good groove with Dwyer and Redman. Adding Mendy to the equation at this point would only clutter things. Put him in against Cleveland to see where he's at before throwing him into the fire against the Ravens. Plus I don't think Mendy has a very good history against the Ravens.

With Polamalu it's a little more complicated. I just don't want him going in there at 50-60% and getting another setback. Plus he may need a couple games to get back in game shape once he is ready to go. And I don't want him chasing down a Ravens touchdown from behind because he's not game ready yet.

Oh well I guess the coaches will know what to do. But in all honestly give us a healthy Antonio Brown and have no new significant injuries going into the Ravens game and I like our chances.

I agree on polamalu i just hope if he comes back hes 100% because our chemistry is good right now and we dont need anyone in the secondary we have to try and hide due to an injury.