PDA

View Full Version : Pass defense in the last 3 games

polamalubeast
11-05-2012, 07:00 AM
In the last 3 games

Andy Dalton:14/28 105 yards 1 TD 1 INT
RGIII:16/34 177 yards 1 TD 0 INT(8 rushing yards)
ELI:10/24 125 yards,0 TD 1 INT

The defense is back!!!!(for now)

Psycho Ward 86
11-05-2012, 10:15 AM
where are the sacks and turnovers? looks like last years defense to me. and we all know how that's going to end

ALLD
11-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Work in progress, but playing best of the year so far.

Count Steeler
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
They seem to be improving every week. The secondary has really stepped it up. Damn, if we were only healthy!

steeldawg
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
We could get some turnovers if our db's could catch!

Psycho Ward 86
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
We could get some turnovers if our db's could catch!

i can only recall 2 interceptions clearly being dropped when they should have been caught. 1 by ike and 1 by lewis. Thats still only 6 interceptions if we catch them. The defense for the past year and a half has been mysterious to say the least...how in the heck do you have any success without pressure, sacks, and turnovers?

XxKnightxX
11-05-2012, 05:26 PM
3 and outs, and hen we don't get stop on 3rd down. Were doomed. That's something I've been learning about our defense.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

bayz101
11-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Keenan Lewis. That is all.

steeldawg
i can only recall 2 interceptions clearly being dropped when they should have been caught. 1 by ike and 1 by lewis. Thats still only 6 interceptions if we catch them. The defense for the past year and a half has been mysterious to say the least...how in the heck do you have any success without pressure, sacks, and turnovers?

Oh i agree it starts up front with pressure, we have not gotten pressure at all on the qb and that is the main cause for our lack of turnovers.

polamalubeast
The low number of sacks and turnovers is the reason why the steelers are not the best defense in the nfl

But they are a top 10 defense and they are good in the 4th quarter since 3 games

tube517
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
where are the sacks and turnovers? looks like last years defense to me. and we all know how that's going to end

This is what scares me.

Now, the pick by Ike turned into a TD for us. We really need more of those, though.

Craic
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Easy; tight coverage, passes defended, and stops for loss on runs. Right now, Pittsburgh is ranked 4th in percent of fewest completions allowed. They rank second in fewest yards allowed. They are tied for twelve in TD's allowed, and first in yards per game allowed in passing. While the QB rate for QB's against Pittsburgh is the thirteenth lowest, we've faced the second, tenth, eleventh, fifteenth, and tied for sixteenth highest QB rated teams. So it's not like we've been letting bad QB's have good games. Five of the eight QB's we've faced are in the top half of the league this year, and Eli is tied for the last spot in the top half.

Throw in time of possession and the offense's ability to control the ball in the fourth quarter, couple that with the defense's ability to finally go three and out int he fourth quarter, instead of going flat and giving up TD's, and you have a team on the rise.