PDA

View Full Version : A. Brown

Shoes
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Anyone hear any news on his injury?

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Read somewhere else mild high ankle sprain. Need to get a source though.

tube517
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
"Mild" High ankle sprain.

Edit: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-injury-report-antonio-brown-chris-rainey-injured-in-win-over-giants/

Craic
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Not so worried about a "mild" angle sprang. Though I'd rather him sit a game then make it worse if it comes to it.

stillers4me
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Mild high ankle sprain.

fansince'76
11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Damn - high ankle sprains tend to linger.

steelpride12
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Sit him for the Chiefs. No thought needed. I'm not sure how long this injury takes, but it is significant. Even when he returns his speed and cutting ability will suffer ugh. Sit him next week and evaluate him after the Chiefs game.

tube517
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree. Manny and Cotch will be fine against KC. Sit AB and let him rest for the Ratholes game

86WARD
11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Shit...hope that's not a season long problem...

Steeldude
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Sit him next week. Miller, Sanders and Cotchery will handle it. Maybe Wallace too, if he decides to show up. They could place Rainey in the slot on a few plays.

steelerdude15
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM
I agree, it would be better to let Antonio sit and rest his ankle so it doesn't get worse.

steelreserve
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately, mild or not, that could mess up the whole second half of the season for him. Those are the kind of injuries where guys are always like "it's almost better, it's almost better" and they try to play on it, and whoops - they can play on it, but not very well. And it's almost better, and it's almost better, and whaddya know, they're still limping around until April.

GBMelBlount
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Sit him next week. Miller, Sanders and Cotchery will handle it. Maybe Wallace too, if he decides to show up. They could place Rainey in the slot on a few plays....

Ben can still dominate with Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery & Miller....

We essentially just beat the Giants without Brown.

86WARD
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately, mild or not, that could mess up the whole second half of the season for him. Those are the kind of injuries where guys are always like "it's almost better, it's almost better" and they try to play on it, and whoops - they can play on it, but not very well. And it's almost better, and it's almost better, and whaddya know, they're still limping around until April.

So true. And that is what I am worried about...

steelpride12
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Actually to add on to other posts this could be something that lingers for seasons or his career sadly enough. Those high ankle sprains are super easy to re-aggrivate no matter how long he has been recovering. I just hope it's not that bad.

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Actually to add on to other posts this could be something that lingers for seasons or his career sadly enough. Those high ankle sprains are super easy to re-aggrivate no matter how long he has been recovering. I just hope it's not that bad.

I'm hoping it truly is "mild".

steelpride12
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm hoping it truly is "mild".

Minor or mild is what I'm hoping for. Something that is not a bad sprain and can heal 100% and be no issue down the road.

zulater
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Is there such a thing as a "mild" highankle sprain? Kinda falls in that little bit pregnant category.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Is there such a thing as a "mild" highankle sprain? Kinda falls in that little bit pregnant category.

:lol: great analogy

wtf is a mild high ankle sprain?? Lol whatever outlet released that information is practically making up terminology now. A high ankle sprain is going to linger for the rest of the season. Those things take 6 weeks to heal, and on top of that, more time to regain the same strength and elasticity in the ligaments as before (eat a lot of pineapples AB! I swear on them for ligament injuries!) Especially since Antonio is more about phone-booth, change of direction quickness and not straight line speed, it's really going to affect him. Damn...we really arent catching any breaks on the injury front

tube517
11-04-2012, 09:52 PM

:tomlinism:

:chuckle:

zulater
11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/antonio-brown-has-non-high-ankle-sprain-could-be-back-next-week/

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown threw reporters a curve ball after Sunday’s win over the Giants, saying that he has a high ankle sprain but that he’ll play next Monday night against the Chiefs.

Per a league source, it’s not a high ankle sprain. And it’s not regarded as severe.

So Brown could play next week against the one-win Chiefs at Heinz Field. The question becomes whether the Steelers will risk aggravation of the injury against the, you know, one-win Chiefs.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/antonio-brown-has-non-high-ankle-sprain-could-be-back-next-week/

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown threw reporters a curve ball after Sunday’s win over the Giants, saying that he has a high ankle sprain but that he’ll play next Monday night against the Chiefs.

Per a league source, it’s not a high ankle sprain. And it’s not regarded as severe.

So Brown could play next week against the one-win Chiefs at Heinz Field. The question becomes whether the Steelers will risk aggravation of the injury against the, you know, one-win Chiefs.

that's all i needed to hear, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. No way you return after a week from a high ankle sprain. Impossible. He's going to be fine for the rest of the season, especially if he thinks he can play next week. He sure has the enthusiasm of a young player!

Craic
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope it's not a high ankle sprain.

http://www.drchiodo.com/Pages/disorders/ankle_sprains.php#high

zulater
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
that's all i needed to hear, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. No way you return after a week from a high ankle sprain. Impossible. He's going to be fine for the rest of the season, especially if he thinks he can play next week. He sure has the enthusiasm of a young player!

I'm guessing Ben is his P.R. director and advised him to sell the one week come back off a high ankle sprain for hero purposes! :chuckle:

katmandu
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Is there such a thing as a "mild" highankle sprain? Kinda falls in that little bit pregnant category.My favorite is....PRE-diabetes.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm guessing Ben is his P.R. director and advised him to sell the one week come back off a high ankle sprain for hero purposes! :chuckle:

lol, thats quite likely :lol:

bayz101
11-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I doubt he even sprained it. Sometimes you can "Twist" your ankle up and just experience pain for a day or two, and the soreness goes away. I've had fractures, breaks and sprains, and then I've twisted my ankle, and that's what I think Brown did. In fact, I bet you Brown was more than ready to return to the game, but denied by medical staff for precautionary reasons. Expect to see him Sunday.

Steeldude
11-05-2012, 01:44 AM
I doubt he even sprained it. Sometimes you can "Twist" your ankle up and just experience pain for a day or two, and the soreness goes away. I've had fractures, breaks and sprains, and then I've twisted my ankle, and that's what I think Brown did. In fact, I bet you Brown was more than ready to return to the game, but denied by medical staff for precautionary reasons. Expect to see him Sunday.

So true. I have gone down with an ankle sprain thinking I would be out, but 15 minutes later I am back on the court. Some swelling and tenderness for the next few days, but nothing to keep me from playing sports.

IMO, players of today aren't as tough as the players from the 1930's through the 70's.