PDA

View Full Version : MVP

siss
11-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Is this Ben's mvp year?

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Shall I delete this thread now? Way too early for this talk. He is having a great year, let's let him finish it out.

st33lersguy
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Too early, and he has a lot of tough competition

tube517
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I'd rather him get SB MVP than reg season MVP.

X-Terminator
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
No. Rodgers will win it again.

Godfather
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
No. He might have the best season, but he won't get the MVP. One of the golden boys will get it.

Kittyfish
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
I heard that RGIII and Luck will be battling it out for MVP honors this year. Old timers like Ben won't stand a chance. :-)

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Nope. Nobody is even touching Rodgers right now. Besides Rodgers there are better candidates too, like Peyton.

zulater
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
No. Rodgers will win it again.

He or Peyton. The National press will never award Ben the MVP, even if he laps the field performance wise.

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Peyton will definitely win come back player and will be in the running for MVP.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
He or Peyton. The National press will never award Ben the MVP, even if he laps the field performance wise.

well he's not anyways so its fine.

siss
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
How about now? Is Ben MVP now?

zulater
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Only if he plays enough games to get us into the playoffs.

Dwinsgames
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Was Peyton last year ?

maybe he should have been ...........

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2012, 02:36 PM
No. No he's not

/thread

st33lersguy
11-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Ben should be named MVP, with him in, the offense has played like dog shit since he left. Had Ben not gotten injured, this team would be 8-3 and atop the division

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2012, 03:02 PM
No one deserves an MVP for not playing. All it ever shows is a SMALL SAMPLE of the difference in the team with the person and without the person. What if Peyton won MVP last year? For not playing? He didnt deserve jack shit when there were people on the field working their butts off, throwing 4,600 yards and 45 touchdowns and 16 wins like the guy who actually deserved it. Giving an mvp to someone on their "projected" effect on a team is nothing more than a guess. It is a blatantly stupid idea imo.

even if ben were still playing, can he really matchup to how valuable/how productive brady, rodgers, and peyton manning have been? No.

siss
11-26-2012, 03:08 PM
No one deserves an MVP for not playing. All it ever shows is a SMALL SAMPLE of the difference in the team with the person and without the person. What if Peyton won MVP last year? For not playing? He didnt deserve jack shit when there were people on the field working their butts off, throwing 4,600 yards and 45 touchdowns and 16 wins like the guy who actually deserved it. Giving an mvp to someone on their "projected" effect on a team is nothing more than a guess. It is a blatantly stupid idea imo.

even if ben were still playing, can he really matchup to how valuable/how productive brady, rodgers, and peyton manning have been? No.

The MVP is the most valuable person on the team. When Ben isn't there, it is felt through out the whole team. I think Ben's absents is felt throughout the whole team, thus making him most valuable

And I thought Peyton was the MVP last year. When he was hurt, the whole team suffered.

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
The MVP is the most valuable person on the team. When Ben isn't there, it is felt through out the whole team. I think Ben's absents is felt throughout the whole team, thus making him most valuable

And I thought Peyton was the MVP last year. When he was hurt, the whole team suffered.

You think Peyton deserved the mvp over a guy who actually PLAYED and threw for 9.2 yards an attempt, completed 68% of his passes, threw for 4,600 yards, scored 48 times, and led his team to 16 wins in a season? Thats just blasphemy to me. Imo sometimes the shittiness of backup QB's resonates the "MVP" value of a player more than it should be. If Curtis Painter played at least competent last year, there wouldnt have been much mvp talk for peyton. Same with Ben and his backups.

And hate to say it but Peyton is still a runaway mvp candidate over Ben this season. Statistically, he's a homerun advantage over Ben at everything. He's also won more, and had some extraordinarily dramatic wins at that. Yes, the broncos now also have a defense, but their defense isnt as good as ours yet theyre doing better. If Ben's day ever comes, its never season and/or beyond imo

siss
11-26-2012, 03:54 PM
You think Peyton deserved the mvp over a guy who actually PLAYED and threw for 9.2 yards an attempt, completed 68% of his passes, threw for 4,600 yards, scored 48 times, and led his team to 16 wins in a season? Thats just blasphemy to me. Imo sometimes the shittiness of backup QB's resonates the "MVP" value of a player more than it should be. If Curtis Painter played at least competent last year, there wouldnt have been much mvp talk for peyton. Same with Ben and his backups.

And hate to say it but Peyton is still a runaway mvp candidate over Ben this season. Statistically, he's a homerun advantage over Ben at everything. He's also won more, and had some extraordinarily dramatic wins at that. Yes, the broncos now also have a defense, but their defense isnt as good as ours yet theyre doing better. If Ben's day ever comes, its never season and/or beyond imo
You are looking at style points, I am looking at over all worth a player is to a team.

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
You are looking at style points, I am looking at over all worth a player is to a team.

16 wins? If those are style points im not sure what barometer of value you're using? Aaron Rodgers passes every test not involving style points AND the ones involving style points. Nobody brought more to his team last season than Rodgers. The packers cant win with graham harrell, that just isnt going to happen.

Peyton is doing exactly the same. You can talk style points, no style points, or just simple value to his team and its an incredible difference what the pre-peyton manning broncos and current broncos are doing. Last season the broncos were 25th in scoring, 23rd in total yards, and 31st in passing yards. This season they're 3rd in scoring offense, 4th in total yards, 6th in passing yards. Demaryius Thomas jumped from 32 catches, 551 yards, 4 TD's to 61 catches, 1,015 yards, 6 TD's. And he still has 5 games to go. Eric Decker has also already exceeded his 2011 numbers and still has 5 games to go. Stokeley is friggin ancient and even he's on pace for one of his better years ever, and thats a 36 year old were talking about. How is Ben making a bigger difference than peyton? If our offense stays decently healthy next year Ben could probably pull it off.

How are you measuring a player's overall worth to a team? Clearly style points, which are stats, correct? So arent you looking at impact and wins? Clearly manning brings more to the table imo. Ben hasnt made that kind of astronomical difference in the team yet. But looks like he's on the right track