PDA

View Full Version : Due Props to DL and the Defense.

Edman
11-04-2012, 06:43 PM
If you remember, I was ragging on DL for the Defense's early struggles this season. Really bad. I stuck by those words, but he's really quieted me and the critics these past couple weeks.

The guy and his squad has really stepped up big time. It isn't the prettiest D around, but they're stepping up when we need them. Eli was the "the man" in the 4th Quarter and the Defense shut him down.today. The Giants Offense, when not being aided by terrible PI calls, was pretty bad.

Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks had 6 catches between them. How about that?

polamalubeast
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
only 25 points allowed in the last two games against two very good QB

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Yes, big props to the D. Absolutely gave us a chance to win. This team is coming together quite nicely.

polamalubeast
11-04-2012, 06:48 PM
it is incredible that the Steelers were 2-3 and the Steelers had no running game and no defense

But since the running game and the defense is unbelievable

tube517
11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Keenan Lewis is progressing very well. And Ike actually had a pick today which probably shocked Coach Carnell Lake.

stillers4me
11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
They are finally learning to play without Troy.

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
We held them to 189 total yards and only 114 yards passing. If it wasn't for the refs, we probably could have shut them out.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
And Ike actually had a pick today which probably shocked Coach Carnell Lake.

that freaked me out too. But then ike dropped one in the endzone and put me at ease again :chuckle:

Steeldude
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
that freaked me out too. But then ike dropped one in the endzone and put me at ease again :chuckle:

Taylor was keeping it real : )

steelpride12
11-05-2012, 02:38 PM
It's amazing because were doing this without Troy. I remember every game a stat would be shown proving the Steelers play worse without Troy, but it now looks like Allen has filled his role quite well and the defense has stepped it's game up nicely. It's a great thought to think we were 2-3 and looking like a team to miss the playoffs and finally admit to have the "old and slow defense" everyone said we had. Not that outlook anymore and I'm damn proud to admit it.

Devilsdancefloor
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I am wondering if big snack and Da beard are finally getting to 100% with their injuries that happened in Denver last year? The D isnt getting the sack numbers. but look like they are flying to the ball and getting some pressure

Psycho Ward 86
11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I am wondering if big snack and Da beard are finally getting to 100% with their injuries that happened in Denver last year? The D isnt getting the sack numbers. but look like they are flying to the ball and getting some pressure

sounds like last year. and that is a terrifying prospect.

Steelman
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM

I've especially noticed a big change in Brett's play, he's finally looking like his old self. He'll never be flashy, but he was always productive. I'm starting to like what I'm seeing with the defense lately.