PDA

View Full Version : Steelers coordinator Haley is one happy guy

stillers4me
11-04-2012, 06:34 AM
For years, going back to even before Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger led a last-minute drive to beat his Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII, Todd Haley said he watched Roethlisberger from afar with one thought always.

"Man, how nice would it be to have that dude."............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/cook-steelers-coordinator-haley-is-one-happy-guy-660542/#ixzz2BFyWrL24

Count Steeler
11-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Sure would be nice to see Haley and Ben hoisting another Lombardi in Feb.

steeldawg
11-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Well he had kurt warner, who wasnt to bad.

ALLD
11-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Haley brought some discipline and EFFICIENCY to Ben's game. It has also taken pressure off a mediocre OL. We need the same thing to happen to the defense in order to win the SB.

steeldawg
11-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Haley brought some discipline and EFFICIENCY to Ben's game. It has also taken pressure off a mediocre OL. We need the same thing to happen to the defense in order to win the SB.

I agree i think the biggest thing hes done is keep ben upright!!!

zulater
11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
I agree i think the biggest thing hes done is keep ben upright!!!

That, and reintoduce Heath Miller to the red zone offense!

Seven
11-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Haley has done an awesome job. I was a fan of the hire, but have to admit I was a little skeptical of how well his scheme would fit with our roster initially. If he starts dialing up a few deep shots a game to back the defenses up, this offense could really be going places.

ALLD
11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
It is easier to adapt to a hybrid WCO with the existing speed on the team and draft, rather than go the other way with a bruising O for which we lack the players to implement.

The big play is still available if their defense makes a mistake, but trying to force it in every series where failure results in an average offensive output and shorter career for your blue chip QB is not benefitting the team in the long run. It is self-evident.

tube517
11-04-2012, 11:07 AM
One quick thought: Call me crazy but the "disappearance" of the "Deep pass" is being saved for December/January, IMHO. I think Haley's got some plays up his sleeve. He's a Pittsburgh guy and competitive as hell so don't think the long ball is dead. And if it comes down to it, he'll just let Ben loose.

86WARD
11-04-2012, 12:14 PM
This story is fucked up...ESPN report it? I thought these two were supposed to hate each other. More shotty reporting by the media...

oneforthetoe
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Sure would be nice to see Haley and Ben hoisting another Lombardi in Feb.

Don't you mean fighting over it? :) :)

43Hitman
11-04-2012, 01:12 PM
That, and reintoduce Heath Miller to the red zone offense!

So much this! I've been screaming to anyone that would listen to me that Miller should be used more. I watched his whole college career here in Va and knew what a weapon we had. Bruce just didn't have room in his scheme for him I guess. I was elated with the Haley hire because of the way he mixes it up and uses TE's.