PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Lewis develops into top-notch CB

stillers4me
11-03-2012, 08:56 AM
In a scene that similarly has played out numerous times in the 20-odd years they've known each other, Mike Wallace sat in a folding chair in front of his locker Thursday after practice, playfully busting the chops of childhood friend and teammate Keenan Lewis -- standing just a few feet away -- for getting beat that afternoon in practice.

Lewis, in perfect coverage, had a deep ball snagged over his head by Toney Clemons, who was playing the role of stud New York Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks -- right in front of team owners Dan and Art Rooney II.

"I was saying he was getting better until he got soup ate off his head -- in front of the owners -- both of 'em," Wallace smiled. "He got soup ate off his head -- a guy jumped over him and caught the ball. Took the ball from him. It got real nasty. I felt bad for him."............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-lewis-develops-into-top-notch-cb-660438/#ixzz2BASa9MiZ

Seven
11-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Lewis has improved a lot this season, particularly in the last few games. But I'm not sure I'd refer to him as a "top-notch" corner just yet :doh:

Count Steeler
11-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Would be nice to get a pick 6 this weekend.

steelpride12
11-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Ehh top-notch is def. a little over the top. Is he developing, learning, and becoming better, yes. The kid has been the greatest improvement over anyone the last two weeks, but I'm not ready to call him great just yet.

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Lewis has improved a lot this season, particularly in the last few games. But I'm not sure I'd refer to him as a "top-notch" corner just yet :doh:

Agreed. That's a bit much.

GBMelBlount
11-03-2012, 10:32 AM
But Lewis said facing teammates Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders -- and Wallace -- in practice have hastened his development.

THIS.

Practicing against top notch teammates can be a HUGE factor in a players development and our top 3 receivers are fantastic imo...

This may also be a reason we are number one in the NFL against the pass...

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2012, 11:45 AM
too soon who has he been covering the last couple weeks. honestly.

Craic
11-03-2012, 01:58 PM

I'd call him top notch in the last two games - but as a general statement, you're exactly right. Not yet. Let's see how he does against the Giants.

steelerdude15
11-03-2012, 02:39 PM
He's done extremely well in the past two games, much better than the rest of the games played so far. I really hope he can continue to get better.

steelreserve
11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
For a couple games, it's entirely possible he's just been luckier than average, or in the right place at the right time. I want to see him keep it up before making any kind of pronouncements like "top-notch."