PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone.

Drazo85
11-02-2012, 08:06 AM
:wave:
My name is Radomir, i`m from Serbia. I`ve been Steelers fan since 2001. Thats the year when our television started to broadcast football. Since then we in Serbia started playing football, we have a league, 20 teams are competing. It`s all on amateur level but we`re trying to elevate our game to next level. We have one former NFL player here in Serbia, who works for one club as asistant coach. His name is Reuben Droughns. You must have heard of him. I`m also playing and coaching football. My football knowledge isn`t great, but i`m trying everyday to learn something new. I`ve been reading this forum for a while, and i`ve decided to register and participate in the forum discusions. Hopefully i will learn something from you guys and try to implement that on my game.

PS. If anybody wants to ask or know something more about football or Serbia in general feel free to ask. :wink02:

Devilsdancefloor
11-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the board!! I am happy you decided to register and participate. If you want to ask anything i am sure with the great people here you will get a answer from someone! As for Reuben Droughns he was unfortunately traded to the browns , but i believe he got a ring with the giants

bayz101
11-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Awesome! Reuben played for the Brownies and Giants towards the end of his career, so I remember him well being that I live here in Ohio. Welcome to the forum!

fansince'76
11-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

Polamalu Princess
11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Welcome. This is a great place!!!

salamander
11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the Universe!

stillers4me
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome to SU!! :tt03:

Drazo85
11-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
:drink:
Yes Droughns has a ring with the Giants. I have talked with him briefly during one of the seminars we attented. Pretty interesting guy.:lol:

X-Terminator
11-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the board, Radomir! Our first member from Serbia...that's cool! I believe you can learn a lot from our members here - plenty of good, lively discussions, so jump right on in! :drink:

Count Steeler
11-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the board. Once again, proving we are more than Steeler Nation, we are Steelers Universe!

ALLD
11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
There are a few Ukrainians on this forum. Welcome aboard. What did your grandfather do in the Great Patriotic War?

Butch
11-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the Board always good to hear from fellow Steeler fans outside of the United States. Just curious how much Steeler history do you know and who is your favorite Steeler?

86WARD
11-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Welcome!!

43Hitman
11-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the board Radomir you'll enjoy your stay for sure. Perhaps you can post some video sometime of your leagues in action.

Seven
11-03-2012, 12:20 PM
:wave:
My name is Radomir, i`m from Serbia. I`ve been Steelers fan since 2001. Thats the year when our television started to broadcast football. Since then we in Serbia started playing football, we have a league, 20 teams are competing. It`s all on amateur level but we`re trying to elevate our game to next level. We have one former NFL player here in Serbia, who works for one club as asistant coach. His name is Reuben Droughns. You must have heard of him. I`m also playing and coaching football. My football knowledge isn`t great, but i`m trying everyday to learn something new. I`ve been reading this forum for a while, and i`ve decided to register and participate in the forum discusions. Hopefully i will learn something from you guys and try to implement that on my game.

PS. If anybody wants to ask or know something more about football or Serbia in general feel free to ask. :wink02:

That's awesome!

Believe it or not, I was just reading about your league a couple of months ago. I heard Reuben Droughns was coaching overseas and thought it was great.

I'm a new poster here myself, but like you have been lurking for a long time.

Looking forward to your posts!

Drazo85
11-03-2012, 02:13 PM
There are a few Ukrainians on this forum. Welcome aboard. What did your grandfather do in the Great Patriotic War?

My grandfather was just a kid during the WW II (if you meant on that particular war). Serbia is pretty far from Ukraine, as from Russia as well. My country was a part of former Yugoslavia. I have a masters degree in history, so if you want to know something about history of my country feel free to ask. :wink02:

Welcome to the Board always good to hear from fellow Steeler fans outside of the United States. Just curious how much Steeler history do you know and who is your favorite Steeler?
I think i know plenty about Steelers history. Pick that up from the internet. Years of the foundation, Steagles, rough years during the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s. Our transition from NFL to AFC with the Colts and Browns. Chuck Noll, drafting the mean Joe, Franco, Terry, later that 74 draft Lambert, Swann, Stalworth, Webster, Superbowl titles and so on... Rough 80s, passing on Dan Marino for that guy who crashed with his car i think so, he played on the DL... During the 90s we had a Superbowl bearth with Neil O`Donnel at QB... We had a great center in Dermontti Dawson.. At the beginning of the new millenium we had a Cordel Stewart experiment, Tommy Madox experiment, and then comes the Ben.
It would be pretty ignorant to say that my favorite Steeler was someone who i didnt watch, so if i have to choose it would be someone from this group Bettis, Ward, Keisel, Smith, Farrior, Roethlisberger, Troy,... Those are the guys i watched play, so i would wait for all of them to finish their careers so i can choose only one. Pretty good group to choose from :D

Welcome to the board Radomir you'll enjoy your stay for sure. Perhaps you can post some video sometime of your leagues in action.
I will post some of the actions, but you have to promise you won't laugh. :D

PS Sorry for my spelling, my English is not that good.

Butch
11-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I think i know plenty about Steelers history. Pick that up from the internet. Years of the foundation, Steagles, rough years during the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s. Our transition from NFL to AFC with the Colts and Browns. Chuck Noll, drafting the mean Joe, Franco, Terry, later that 74 draft Lambert, Swann, Stalworth, Webster, Superbowl titles and so on... Rough 80s, passing on Dan Marino for that guy who crashed with his car i think so, he played on the DL... During the 90s we had a Superbowl bearth with Neil O`Donnel at QB... We had a great center in Dermontti Dawson.. At the beginning of the new millenium we had a Cordel Stewart experiment, Tommy Madox experiment, and then comes the Ben.
It would be pretty ignorant to say that my favorite Steeler was someone who i didnt watch, so if i have to choose it would be someone from this group Bettis, Ward, Keisel, Smith, Farrior, Roethlisberger, Troy,... Those are the guys i watched play, so i would wait for all of them to finish their careers so i can choose only one. Pretty good group to choose from :D

You know your history well, and much better than a lot of fans in the United States, in particular cowboy fans who couldn't even tell you when the cowboys last won a Superbowl or even who they played. I can also see that you are dealing with a problem many Steeler fans face...who is your favorite. It's a great problem to have. I myself would have to put Ward as my #1 just becuase his style of physical play is above that of any other WR to play the game, especially in the era of the prima donna WR's around the league.

Again Welcome to the board look forward to having many more conversations with you along the way. Go Steelers!!!

- - - Updated - - -

PS Sorry for my spelling, my English is not that good.

Your English is fantastic, no need to appologize. We, or at least most of us, do not count off for mis-spellings we do it all the time ourselves.

Chidi29
11-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here!!