PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck: Lots of Steelers holding

polamalubeast
11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck says the Pittsburgh Steelers' offense has been the beneficiary of some loose officiating.

Tuck told ESPN's Rachel Nichols Thursday: "I hope we get some holding calls because they have gotten away with murder. They've done a very good job protecting Ben (Roethlisberger) -- they don't hold on every play. But we've seen a whole lot of it."

The Giants host the Steelers Sunday afternoon at Metlife Stadium.

When speaking with Giants beat reporters following practice Thursday, Tuck was complimentary of the Steelers and Roethlisberger.

"He is the reason why they are so successful in their offense," Tuck said. "That is not a knock on their running game. But when you think of Pittsburgh, first you got to think of him. He is, I think, the main reason why they are so successful on third down, is his ability to prolong plays and you got guys hanging off of him and he's still figuring it out. I would bet money that his completion percentage is higher when somebody is hanging off of him than when he is standing straight."

read more

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8581131/justin-tuck-new-york-giants-says-pittsburgh-steelers-get-benefit-calls?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2012, 05:04 PM
yeah we know justin. and we get called for it.

fansince'76
11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, OK - that is the only reason Roethlisberger's sack numbers have come down, because our OL all of a sudden discovered holding. :rolleyes:

Craic
11-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey, Tuck, make you a deal - let's get the refs to call every hold our line commits, and then also call a penalty every time Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, etc. are held. Chances are, things would come out just about even.

So in other words, shut up. People are eating out of dumpsters, shooting each other over food and gas, and trying to survive a horrendous storm in your city - and THIS is what's on your mind?

polamalubeast
11-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Tuck made headlines in a similar way last season, when he called out the Atlanta Falcons' offensive line, prior to the teams' NFC wild-card playoff game. "Most people, you would call them dirtbags," Tuck said. "But it is what it is. We got to make sure we do our job."..

Count Steeler
11-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Trying to get into their heads. Hope they don't listen.

polamalubeast
11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Trying to get into their heads. Hope they don't listen.

agree

GBMelBlount
11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
What....The.......Tuck?

steelpride12
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Who's surprised? He is trying to start drama and media attention. The Steelers need to ignore him and use this as motivation on Sunday to shut him up and keep him contained all game.

st33lersguy
11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Seriously, the number of holds the Steelers get away with is very miniscule and barely non-existent compared to the amount of times O-linemen hold James Harrison and get away with it

Edman
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Tuck said the same about the Falcons O-Line in the playoffs last year. Come Game Time the Falcons O-Line couldn't do spank. Tuck is just playing headgames with the Steelers.

SCSTILLER
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I would bet that there is a hold on every single play in one way, shape, or form. You can look at a play 10 times during tape review and see some holding going on. There is always a grab, a tug, whatever, who cares, as long as it isn't blatant (see most of Harrison's edge rushes) it usually doesn't get called (but then again, see most of Harrison's edge rushes). Now what I read I beleive that Tuck was giving Ben some props while also trying to stir a little bit of controversy. That is his job on their team, just like Harrison has stirred controversy for the Steelers, and in recent past Joey Porter, and before him Greg Lloyd. At least he wasn't saying the only reason Ben is not getting sacked is because they hold on every single play and it is never called, he said he noticed that they get away with some holding (see previous sentences.)

salamander
11-01-2012, 07:00 PM
:ranger:

ALLD
11-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Justin Tuck is the bottom in a Tom Brady oil wrestling cornholius.

Edman
11-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Am I the only one getting vibes that Defenses are used to the Steelers O-Line being such a joke and smacking Ben around all these years that they are suddenly upset that they aren't incompetant anymore?

"No way, this is the Steelers O-Line, the worst units in the league for god knows how long, why are they so good all of the sudden? They must be HOLDING!"

steel striker
11-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Complete BS come on Justin let's talk about your O-Line how may sacks have they given up? I don't think Eli has been sack hardly at all this year.

Animal Mother
11-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Someone shove a 5 dollar foot long in that guy's face.

bayz101
11-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Have you seen the Giants line? Routinely put DE's in a headlock to protect Manning.

XxKnightxX
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Tuck said the same about the Falcons O-Line in the playoffs last year. Come Game Time the Falcons O-Line couldn't do spank. Tuck is just playing headgames with the Steelers.

He wasn't the only player commenting on the Falcons O line holding or being dirty.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

steeldawg
11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
This is a ploy by tuck and not a bad one either, he knows the refs hear this stuff and is lobbying for some calls. Steeler fans know we dont need willie colon under closer scrutiny, could result in 1 or 2 extra penalties called.

stillers4me
11-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Boo frickety hoo.

The Giants are going to playing for NY pride on Sunday....we must stomp it down. Who cares if the were decimated by a frankenstorm.....we must win!!!!!!!!

86WARD
11-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Worked against the Niners...lol

LLT
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
"They've done a very good job protecting Ben (Roethlisberger)"

This is all I needed to see to know that Tuck is an idiot.

86WARD
11-02-2012, 06:28 PM
They've definitely been better in that department...lol

Butch
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
This is a ploy by tuck and not a bad one either, he knows the refs hear this stuff and is lobbying for some calls. Steeler fans know we dont need willie colon under closer scrutiny, could result in 1 or 2 extra penalties called.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. He's trying to see if he can say something in the press and then use it to sway a call or two in his favor. If it works it works and if it doesn't then it doesn't. I just don't want to hear him use it as an excuse if they lose or if he can't get a sack.

SteelerFanInStl
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I got two words for Tuck. One rhymes with his name and the other rhymes with boo.

86WARD
11-02-2012, 07:00 PM
BTW - I've seen James Harrison getting held a lot too...funny how that works!!

GBMelBlount
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
I got two words for Tuck. One rhymes with his name and the other rhymes with boo.

Duck Stew? :lol:

SteelGhost
11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Hey Justin Fuck, thanks for giving some more fuel to our OL AND Ben for Sunday's game :applaudit:

SteelerFanInStl
11-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Duck Stew? :lol:

:lol: How'd you guess? :lol: