PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Pouncey stands in as key contributor

stillers4me
07-26-2010, 05:18 AM
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — When last seen with the Steelers, first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey was wrapping up voluntary practices in early June with an eye toward the opening of training camp.
Pouncey, the No. 18 pick from Florida who can play center and guard, is being counted on to upgrade the team's offensive line play, especially in light of right tackle Willie Colon's season-ending Achilles injury.
As of today, Pouncey remains unsigned — four days before players are scheduled to report to Saint Vincent College...................................

read more @
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_691972.html

HometownGal
07-26-2010, 05:28 AM
I am so anxious to see what this kid brings to the table on that front line so I hope the FO gets him signed pronto! :pray: I really think this youngin' is going to be a top notch OL'man.

SteelerFanInStl
07-26-2010, 11:58 AM
They need to get him signed because we need him in camp.

polamalubeast
07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I hope he will not be a holdout!

But I do not remember the last time a rookie has made a holdout with the steelers.

Is Plaxico Buress is the last to have made a holdout?

Killer
07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
They need to get him signed because we need him in camp.

no doubt

He needs to get in camp ASAP

Burghfan58
07-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I beleive that Dez Bryant is the only first rounder to have signed at this point. Could be a tough time getting the first rounders into camp this year. CBA may have some bearing on this.

Chidi29
07-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't forget Worilds isn't signed either.

86WARD
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I beleive that Dez Bryant is the only first rounder to have signed at this point. Could be a tough time getting the first rounders into camp this year. CBA may have some bearing on this.

^this.

kmsteelerwr15
07-27-2010, 12:36 AM
I am so anxious to see what this kid brings to the table on that front line so I hope the FO gets him signed pronto! :pray: I really think this youngin' is going to be a top notch OL'man.

:amen:

MasterOfPuppets
07-27-2010, 01:17 AM

you are correct...and only about half of the second rd picks are signed...

list of draft signings :
http://www.walterfootball.com/forum/showthread.php?18052-2010-Draft-Signings

Galax Steeler
07-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Hopefully we will get him and Worlids signed before the start of camp. I am not going to worry though Pittsburgh don't usually have problems with this.

7willBheaven
07-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Some of the 1st rounders are signing...like the pick directly after us...Sean Weatherspoon got a five year, $10.4 million guaranteed and 17.4 million max value...could we be looking at something similar for Pouncey possibly?

xX-TSK-Xx
07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Some of the 1st rounders are signing...like the pick directly after us...Sean Weatherspoon got a five year, $10.4 million guaranteed and 17.4 million max value...could we be looking at something similar for Pouncey possibly?

Probably somewhere in that range. Alex Mack's deal last year (21st overall) was 5 years $12.2 mil with $8.3 mil guaranteed with $2.8 mil in incentives. I'm not sure how much contracts normally increase by annually but the Rooneys do a pretty good job of signing guys a slighlty below "market value". I'm going to guess something in the $15-$16 million range with $9-$10 mil guaranteed.

BigBenFn7
07-30-2010, 09:28 AM
We do need this kid in camp. He's expected to be an O-Line starter, so every rep he gets in practice becomes all that more important. I think he could be special but of course I hold that hope for all Steelers rookies.