PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger: It's Fun To Be Able To Throw To Anybody

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 07:07 PM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/10/28/roethlisberger-its-fun-to-be-able-to-throw-to-anybody/

86WARD
10-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Love that they are using MIller more and he's throwing all over the field...

zulater
10-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Here's an interesting fact. All last season our tight end's and rb's combined for 115 catches. Through 7 games this season our backs and tight ends have caught 77 balls. Which projects to 176 over a 16 game season.

Psycho Ward 86
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Here's an interesting fact. All last season our tight end's and rb's combined for 115 catches. Through 7 games this season our backs and tight ends have caught 77 balls. Which projects to 176 over a 16 game season.

and lovin it too. I feel like this offense is bringing the best out of literally every player on the offensive side of the ball. Except for Wallace. Still lovin' it. Im sure Wallace will slowly but surely start getting deep bombs again soon

siss
10-30-2012, 12:53 AM
I like this offense. I think Ben is getting more no huddle, so you know he likes it. And happy QB's bring home Lombardi trophys!

Craic
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Funniest quote of the week from Ben:

“[speaking of] Getting Will his first touchdown, I was kind of yelling, ‘turn around, you’re open.’"

LLT
10-30-2012, 06:26 AM
and lovin it too. I feel like this offense is bringing the best out of literally every player on the offensive side of the ball. Except for Wallace. Still lovin' it. Im sure Wallace will slowly but surely start getting deep bombs again soon

I think that Haleys offense is always going to be precluded upon high percentage passes. His scheme seems to allow our WR's to get open in the short and intermediate routes....which eliminates the need to take the risk with the long bombs.

Steeldude
10-30-2012, 08:12 AM
I like this offense. I think Ben is getting more no huddle, so you know he likes it. And happy QB's bring home Lombardi trophys!

The problem with the no-huddle is it seems to take the entire play-clock to execute.

X-Terminator
10-31-2012, 10:48 AM
The problem with the no-huddle is it seems to take the entire play-clock to execute.

That's because it's not a hurry-up offense, it's a ball-control offense, which is why they use the entire play clock.

zulater
10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
That's because it's not a hurry-up offense, it's a ball-control offense, which is why they use the entire play clock.

Good point. But at the same token it's not unusual for the Steelers to use the entire play clock in their 2 minute offense as well.

SteelGhost
10-31-2012, 09:03 PM

True... and his dropped passes haven't help either :doh:

GBMelBlount
10-31-2012, 09:31 PM
I think that Haleys offense is always going to be precluded upon high percentage passes. His scheme seems to allow our WR's to get open in the short and intermediate routes....which eliminates the need to take the risk with the long bombs.

Wallace seems less important in this offense.

Just an observation.

zulater
11-01-2012, 07:01 AM
As the running game progresses the long passing game will return via play action passes. I think this offense is about 80% where it needs to be right now. Which is good enough to beat quite a few teams, but not the elite. How far this team goes will be dependent on closing that effecieny gap to where this offense gets to at least 90-95% of it's potential. That doesn't mean they need to score on 90% of their possessions. What it means is that they have to have the ability to dictate the terms of the game through offensive production.Which in fact is what they did against the Redskins. But the Redskins aren't being confused with a good defenseive team. So we have to see how far we've come in the next few weeks when we face legitimate defensive teams.

Steeldude
11-01-2012, 07:21 AM

Then there is really no need for it.