PDA

View Full Version : Next Game: NY Giants

steelpride12
10-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Our Steelers have won 2 straight games now and starting to come together as a team except for injuries, but this will be a huge test for us.

Giants are 5-2(currently beating the Cowgirls 26-24 and could possible go 6-2) and playing dang good football. Overall we know how good Eli Manning can be and has proved it this season, mostly in the 4th quarter where he has a nack to win games.

I think the Steelers can hold Bradshaw rushing in the game which will force Eli to win with his arm (which he can).

The Giants defense is very quick in the front 4 so protection on Ben will be huge because once again we will need to score a lot of points if we want to win this game.

I think the key is our defense. They need to come up big this game and prove they still can be top 10 in this league. Bend, but don't break football, with or without Troy.

Go Steelers!

X-Terminator
10-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Gonna be ugly, IMO. I can't see the Steelers doing much against that defense, especially with their pass rush up front. I had this game as a loss coming into the season and I'm sticking with it.

Count Steeler
10-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Gonna be a tough road game. I'll hope for a win, but I would not put any money on it.

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
This is a tough game,but the steelers can win this game

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be ugly, IMO. I can't see the Steelers doing much against that defense, especially with their pass rush up front. I had this game as a loss coming into the season and I'm sticking with it.

I am confident to the o-line....The o-line played very well this year

The big challenge will be against Eli Manning, especially in 4th quarter...Eli is unbelievable in 4th quarter since last year

The giants are a great team,but they are not perfect

ALLD
10-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Our offense is slightly better, but their defense at home is way better. Hopefully our O keeps us from being embarrassed.

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
The giants are 6-2

Shoes
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Well the romo and crew almost beat them so I feel pretty good about next week.

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
We need Ryan Clark back out there.....and I'd feel a whole lot better with Troy, too. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Peyton's goofy little brother is ....pretty damn good!

steeldevil
10-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I dont think it will be a blowout by any means. Our team has played very well the last 2 games, other than special teams.

Clark needs to be able to play though. The Giants love to go deep.

86WARD
10-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Steelers offense should be able to handle the Giants D. The pass rush is tough, but that's a place Ben can excel. The Giants back end is one of the weaker ones in the league right now. It's the Steelers D against Eli and their pass game that scares me the most...there's a potential for Eli to carve them up BIG time.

They can't leave opportunity on the field.

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Eli is by far,the best QB in the 4th quarter since last year

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
If Troy and Clark play, ill give us a chance. But i think we'll drop this one too, especially since its on the road. Could argue that they are the 2nd, 3rd, best team in football, but we have to remember that the giants have been lucky to win some of these games. They've shown some vulnerability. They lost to Dallas, got SUPER fortunate today that Dez's fingers were slightly out of bounds so that the giants won today, almost lost to the Bucs, and lost to the dang eagles. We have a chance. The G-men defensive success always rides on pressure and turnovers, which sound like necessary ingredients for any defense but thats not true. Our defense has been doing it with very little of neither.

Count Steeler
10-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Still waiting for our D to produce turnovers. Maybe against the Gmen.

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Still waiting for our D to produce turnovers. Maybe against the Gmen.

hopefully a fumble recovery from David Wilson. He'll cry and leave the rest of the team demoralized.

86WARD
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
If Troy and Clark play, ill give us a chance. But i think we'll drop this one too, especially since its on the road. Could argue that they are the 2nd, 3rd, best team in football, but we have to remember that the giants have been lucky to win some of these games. They've shown some vulnerability. They lost to Dallas, got SUPER fortunate today that Dez's fingers were slightly out of bounds so that the giants won today, almost lost to the Bucs, and lost to the dang eagles. We have a chance. The G-men defensive success always rides on pressure and turnovers, which sound like necessary ingredients for any defense but thats not true. Our defense has been doing it with very little of neither.

Troy ain't playing anytime soon.

tube517
10-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Deebo needs to practice his long snaps.

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Deebo needs to practice his long snaps.

Which reminds me....can anybody find or make a gif of that fake bad snap today? LMAO

86WARD
10-28-2012, 08:31 PM
That was some funny shit there...

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 08:37 PM
That was some funny shit there...
I was at the Bengals game last week.....I like the real game experience and all, but I miss alot because I don't see replays and such. Did I really see Ben punt the ball??? It happened so fast...........really? If that was Ben, I don't think he should be our emergancy punter. :lol:

Oh....and I REALLY miss the yellow line you only see on TV. :heh:

fansince'76
10-28-2012, 11:21 PM

Depends on which Giants team shows up. They're arguably every bit as inconsistent as we are. That being said, I'm kinda expecting to be 4-4 after next weekend too. I'd feel a LOT better about it if it was a home game, where we seem to play exponentially better.

steelreserve
10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Which Eli Manning shows up. That's pretty much the whole game right there.

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
I was at the Bengals game last week.....I like the real game experience and all, but I miss alot because I don't see replays and such. Did I really see Ben punt the ball??? It happened so fast...........really? If that was Ben, I don't think he should be our emergancy punter. :lol:

Oh....and I REALLY miss the yellow line you only see on TV. :heh:

Yes, Ben punted it. He's a regular slash. :eyebrows:

Steeldude
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
The Steelers defense is probably going to be chewed up. The defense today was lucky

Psycho Ward 86
10-29-2012, 12:07 AM
The Steelers defense is probably going to be chewed up. The defense today was lucky

Im still laughing at all of these headlines around nfl.com and espn saying we throttled RGIII

- - - Updated - - -

Im still laughing at all of these headlines around nfl.com and espn saying we throttled RGIII

Steeltreal
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Its really a good thing Clark and Foote have been our best defenders thus far. Is #56 warmed up yet?

Steeldude
10-29-2012, 01:51 AM

It's hilarious isn't it? The Steelers were very lucky the Redskins forgot how to catch. How many drops? 10?

The Steelers defense showed huge holes in the secondary. The Steelers will need to bring constant pressure to Manning if they expect to win.

bayz101
10-29-2012, 02:16 AM
If we win this game. Watch out. That's all I have to say.

Edman
10-29-2012, 08:16 AM
I see the Steelers losing this game, unfortunately. They've haven't been a great road team (In Cincy they were down 14-3 at one point) and the G-Men are a gutsy team who finds ways to win.

The Giants despite picking off Romo 4 times, blew a 23-0 lead was still taken to the wire against the Cowboys, and they've lost at home already. The G-Men are pretty inconsistent. Last year's team won the Super Bowl because they got hot at the right time, but when it comes to regular season, they've been mediocre, losing to teams they had no business losing to.

GodfatherofSoul
10-29-2012, 10:48 AM
It's hilarious isn't it? The Steelers were very lucky the Redskins forgot how to catch. How many drops? 10?

The Steelers defense showed huge holes in the secondary. The Steelers will need to bring constant pressure to Manning if they expect to win.

Yeah, but how many of those were guys short arming passes after getting hit. And 2 of the sure TD drops were on the drive they went ahead and scored on anyway.

steel striker
10-29-2012, 02:05 PM
It will be a tough test and, I still think we have a chance with the short passing game control the clock mix in the run. On the defensive side they must get a pass rush on Eli and, cover Cruz over the top.

SteelerFanInStl
10-29-2012, 06:00 PM
It'll be a tough game but the Giants are inconsistent too. Their D Line is good. The rest of their D isn't anything special. If we were at home, I'd pick us to win.

steelerdude15
10-29-2012, 06:06 PM
This is going to be a tough game that can go anyway. If their defensive line gives our offensive line problems, we're in for a long day.

86WARD
10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Its really a good thing Clark and Foote have been our best defenders thus far. Is #56 warmed up yet?

Nah...he's injured again...

86WARD
10-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Gonna have to get pressure and knock Eli around a lil bit...just like what they would do to Peyton. Otherwise, he'll tear the back end apart...

Psycho Ward 86
10-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Here's a little spark of hope. Tom Coughlin has been 53-19 in the 1st half of the season since he's been head coach of New York. He's only 27-37 in the 2nd half of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087391/article/justin-tuck-worried-new-york-giants-will-slip-again

polamalubeast
10-29-2012, 06:38 PM
The o-line of the giants has only given six sacks this year

steelpride12
10-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Gotta Gotta Gota get pressure on Eli, which will be no easy task against one of the best OL in the game. Our front DL need to push the line back and Harrison and Woodley need to cut the edges quickly if we want a chance. Eli and the offense will find it mere easy to tear up our secondary and the Giants receivers won't drop the ball.

tube517
10-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Gotta Gotta Gota get pressure on Eli, which will be no easy task against one of the best OL in the game. Our front DL need to push the line back and Harrison and Woodley need to cut the edges quickly if we want a chance. Eli and the offense will find it mere easy to tear up our secondary and the Giants receivers won't drop the ball.

This.

Also need turnovers from the defense. Only 7 (4 fumbles, 3 Int's ) in 7 games. This trend of very few turnovers is continuing from last year.

polamalubeast
10-30-2012, 08:58 AM
The giants defense are second in the nfl with 24 turnovers(and +13)

The giants defense have made 16 turnovers in the last 4 games

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2012.htm

polamalubeast
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Tomlin says Polamalu and Gilbert are out

- - - Updated - - -

Tomlin: "NYG outscored opponents by 40 in 4th qrtr."

polamalubeast
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Giants 16 interceptions on defense. Steelers 3

Psycho Ward 86
10-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Giants 16 interceptions on defense. Steelers 3

and they broke that loooong San Francisco 49ers streak with no turnovers on offense so you know they can fuck everybody up. This could get ugly

Seven
10-30-2012, 10:59 PM
The matchups I'm interested in:

1. Steelers tackles vs. Giants ends. This is obvious, but if the Giants pass rush destroys Starks & Adams this game is almost not winnable. I think Colon, Pouncey and Foster can handle Joseph and Canty at least in pass protection, but on the outside I'm not so sure we can handle the depth. I'm particularly worried about Adams.

2. Eli vs. Steelers safeties. If Clark can't go and Allen & Mundy start I'm going to be terrified. I think I would rather see DaMon Cromartie-Smith play in place of Mundy who I think has been maybe the worst Steeler who has gotten much playing time this season. Griffin is a good quarterback but Manning is on another level. I don't think we can expect the same positive results with both safety spots starting backups this week as we did last. Get well soon Ryan.

polamalubeast
11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
In 6 games that #Giants have won this year they recorded 2 or more turnovers. The 2 games they lost they got 1 against DAL & 0 against PHI

77 of the 234 points that the #Giants have scored this season have come off of turnovers. #steelers

In case you are scoring at home, and I know that you are, the #Steelers have 18 points off of turnovers this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steelersdepot?p=s

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2012, 02:57 PM
In 6 games that #Giants have won this year they recorded 2 or more turnovers. The 2 games they lost they got 1 against DAL & 0 against PHI

77 of the 234 points that the #Giants have scored this season have come off of turnovers. #steelers

In case you are scoring at home, and I know that you are, the #Steelers have 18 points off of turnovers this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steelersdepot?p=s
we've generated turnovers? remarkable

polamalubeast
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
we've generated turnovers? remarkable

only 7 turnovers

Shoes
11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
The giants defense are second in the nfl with 24 turnovers(and +13)

The giants defense have made 16 turnovers in the last 4 game

The o-line of the giants has only given six sacks this year

The Giants Lost 24-20!!