PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls and Game Goats Against Redskins

steelpride12
10-28-2012, 03:01 PM
For me I give the offense the game ball. 0 offensive penalties and scored on the 1st drive and never looked back since. Ben again was not sacked today (which has become a trend) and most of the TD's came because of great blocks from returning Pouncey!

Goat still goes to the ST's. A little better today, but that Brown score really would have looked good and they still have some work to do.

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Game Balls:The players of the steelers

Goats:The jersey!!!

And Dangello Hall is a idiot

Shoes
10-28-2012, 03:05 PM
A win by 15 points and a clean uniform on Ben after the game......I'll pass on the goats.

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 03:09 PM
And a big thank you to the 'Skins O for all the dropsies.

I didn't hate the unis as much as thought I would. I think I like them better than our old ones.

Devilsdancefloor
Gameball: Oline & dwyer

Goat: ST again

st33lersguy
Game Ball: Big Ben, Dwyer, O-line, Keenan Lewis who had a rare good day in coverage, Wallace who had a nice rebound game

Game Goats: punt retutn team for single-handedly keeping the Redskins in the game. Seriously punt-return team, is it the end of the world if Antonio Brown returns a punt for TD

ALLD
10-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Vintage Roethlisberger. One of his finest games. Notice he is more in control by having a better game plan and running some no huddle. That and the short pass is helping him stay upright. The O is now carrying the D.

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 03:13 PM
14 TD,3 INT for Roethlisberger this year!

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Vintage Roethlisberger. One of his finest games. Notice he is more in control by having a better game plan and running some no huddle. That and the short pass is helping him stay upright. The O is now carrying the D.

I wouldn't call it "vintage" Roethlisberger as much as I would call it "Roethlisberger Unleashed"!

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 03:15 PM
mention to Dwyer

Chidi29
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Game Ball. Coach LeBeau. I know the Skins shot themselves in the foot repeatedly, but to hold an offense that showed as many different formations and variation as you'll see from any team this season to 12 points, it's remarkable.

plenewken
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Game ball : the entire team
Game goat: the jersey.

steelerdude15
10-28-2012, 03:41 PM
My game ball would have to go to Ben today. He was spot on today with his accuracy for the most part and extended the play very well, one of which resulted in a touchdown throw to Heath. Honorable mentions go to Mikey, Johnny D., Heath, and the offensive line. My goat would have to be on both Browns on the punt return. There was no need for Antonio to showboat like he did on his way to the endzone and the other Brown didn't make a smart move with the block in the back.

Shoes
10-28-2012, 03:42 PM
>snip<

I didn't hate the unis as much as thought I would. I think I like them better than our old ones.

I agree Sue....but I do think having an overcast day in Pittsburgh helped. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Keenan Lewis who had a rare good day in coverage

rare? he's been pretty above par on the season.

And other than Ben and Dwyer, the gameball goes to the Redskin's drops. Anybody who believes we truly contained RGIII today isnt conceding to the fact that his surrounding cast let him down. As runner, yes we made him a non factor. But as a passer, you gotta give the kid credit, he spliced us pretty well. I believe the final number of drops by the Skins' was 8 for the game, compared to only 11 in their 1st 7 games, duly noted by Brian Billick as the MOST drops in a game by any team in a single game this season. That is an astronomical number of drops for an NFL team. And most of those drops were perfect passes. Really hate to say it, but kudos to RGIII. you werent humbled by our defense, you were humbled by your own receivers.

salamander
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Aside from the ST, I really don't have any goats in today's game.

I've grown to like these jerseys. I would consider buying one if they weren't so damn expensive.

X-Terminator
10-28-2012, 04:31 PM
rare? he's been pretty above par on the season.

And other than Ben and Dwyer, the gameball goes to the Redskin's drops. Anybody who believes we truly contained RGIII today isnt conceding to the fact that his surrounding cast let him down. As runner, yes we made him a non factor. But as a passer, you gotta give the kid credit, he spliced us pretty well. I believe the final number of drops by the Skins' was 8 for the game, compared to only 11 in their 1st 7 games, duly noted by Brian Billick as the MOST drops in a game by any team in a single game this season. That is an astronomical number of drops for an NFL team. And most of those drops were perfect passes. Really hate to say it, but kudos to RGIII. you werent humbled by our defense, you were humbled by your own receivers.

They had 9 for the game. But yeah, I was impressed by RGIII. He's not just another running QB - he is the total package.

Moose
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Game BALLS- DWYER a big, big factor in the last 2 wins, plus the 100+ yrds., BEN and COACHING STAFF with an excellent game plan, except for the fact of having Harrison cover their tight end. LOL.
Game GOAT- Special team, the penalty bringing Brown's TD back was stupid.

I know Washington had alot of drops ( 10 ), but we actually don't know what would have happened if some of them were caught. Our defense was playing well tonight, and watching some of those drop's made me wonder if they weren't a little intimidated by having our defense breathing down their back's and were afraid of the HIT that would be plastered on their ass upon completion.....LOL.

And hey X-Terminator, gotta say those damn uniforms were starting to grow on me by games end !! ugh, hopefully it was the refreshments I was having....LOL

Edman
10-28-2012, 05:30 PM
They had 9 for the game. But yeah, I was impressed by RGIII. He's not just another running QB - he is the total package.

The Redskins unfortunately treat him like one, though. They sooner they scrap that college offense, RGIII will really begin to shine, and that's a scary thing. The kid is the total package. Just hope for his sake part of his total package isn't compromised just because he happens to be a dynamic runner.

Count Steeler
10-28-2012, 05:57 PM
The team is coming together. Big test next week in NY.

Game ball to LeBeau, yes, play the defense as if Polamalu is never coming back. These guys are(will) stepping(step) up.

Offense, excellent performance, just need to have that killer instinct. 1 more FG/TD in the 3rd quarter would have completely salted the game away.

And Swish, way to go. Keep it up.

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2012, 06:03 PM
i checked NFL.com and officially, the redskins dropped 10 passes. wow. they need to steal some of that stickum from the chargers' towels :lol:

Count Steeler
10-28-2012, 06:05 PM
i checked NFL.com and officially, the redskins dropped 10 passes. wow. they need to steal some of that stickum from the chargers' towels :lol:

They shouldn't have shaken hands with Wallace.

polamalubeast
10-28-2012, 06:07 PM

The weather was terrible today,too

Count Steeler
10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Didn't really see the full game. How many drops did we have? I saw 1 critical one by Sanders.

steelpride12
10-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Didn't really see the full game. How many drops did we have? I saw 1 critical one by Sanders.
Official stats said we had 4 dropped passes.

Moose
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
The stats say Washington had 10 drops, but I think at least 4 of those drops come from a Steeler player stickin' him after the catch. Some good hit's from our defense.

86WARD
10-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Game Balls: Uniforms. Ben. O-Line. Dwyer. Miller.
Goats: Curtis Brown. Antonio Brown. Special Teams.

zulater
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
There were no Steeler goats.

Game balls.
Ben, first and foremost.

Others would be Lawrence Timmons, who keeps getting better. Suisham, who's kicking about as good as anyone in the league. Heath Miller who blocks as well as he catches. Keenan Lewis, who is starting to look like one of the better 2nd corners in the NFL. Jonathan Dwyer, who not only is giving the running game some spark, but is also playing like a smart football player. Notice how he is protecting the ball, and notice how he stays in bounds after he gains yardage when the Steelers are trying to eat up clock. And the entire offensive line.

steelreserve
10-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Game ball - Dwyer.

Goat - Curtis Brown and his idiot block in the back.

I would've said the uniforms were another goat, but that play where Ben thought the ref was on our team and drilled him in the head with a pass was just too funny.

Craic
10-30-2012, 12:44 AM
There were no Steeler goats.

Game balls.
Ben, first and foremost.

Others would be Lawrence Timmons, who keeps getting better. Suisham, who's kicking about as good as anyone in the league. Heath Miller who blocks as well as he catches. Keenan Lewis, who is starting to look like one of the better 2nd corners in the NFL. Jonathan Dwyer, who not only is giving the running game some spark, but is also playing like a smart football player. Notice how he is protecting the ball, and notice how he stays in bounds after he gains yardage when the Steelers are trying to eat up clock. And the entire offensive line.

Notice also how Dwyer is in fifth place for RB yards per run. That's pretty dang impressive when he's running through contact. He's also had three 20+ yard runs, and is right at 300 yards for the season. Keep playing him, and there's no reason he won't be a 1000 yard rusher this year.

Steeldude
10-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Heroes: The Redskins' receivers

SteelGhost
10-31-2012, 09:26 PM
They shouldn't have shaken hands with Wallace.

..and Ike :lol:

No goats for me in this game.

Game balls to Ben and Jonathan