PDA

View Full Version : The things you're most worried about next season?

polamalubeast
07-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Is this the situation Roethlisberger, you're afraid it is as bad as Tiger Woods on his back!

Are you afraid that Leftwith is not very good during the absence of Roethlisberger.

Are you afraid that the o-line is not good to protect Leftwich and open the hole for Mendenhall.

Is it that you are the group of WR steelers you worried after a loss of Santonio Holmes?

Do you think the defense is too old?

Do you think our CB are too bad, it could hurt us for a 2nd straight year?

Are you afraid Polamalu gets hurt again and put his steelers in trouble?

The things you're most worried about next season?

HometownGal
07-26-2010, 05:42 AM
I think I'm most concerned with whether Troy can stay healthy for the entire season. :horror: I think all of the other pieces of the puzzle will fall into place nicely, but if we lose Troy again, it's going to spell big trouble (again). Hopefully, he's as good as new and will get back to kicking our opponents' asses all over that field. :pray:

stillers4me
07-26-2010, 05:48 AM
I have to go with the o-line as my top concern. I didn't even give it a second thought until Willie went down. We already saw what happened to the defense without Aaron Smith and Troy. Now a key player in the offense is gone for the season.

Chidi29
07-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Troy, easily. Not just for this season, but another injury would have a major impact on the rest of his career. You'd hate to see him end up in the category of "Elite talent, just couldn't stay healthy long enough".

steelerdude15
07-26-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm not too worried about this upcoming season, but if anything I'm worried about our O-line. Since we've lost Colon, got a new O-line coach, and Pouncey is a rookie, we do have some uncertainty there.

Steeltreal
07-26-2010, 09:36 AM
next season? 2011? id be worried about Lebeau retiring...

SteelGhost
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Byron Leftwich AND the O'Line for the first 4-6 games.

vasteeler
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I think I'm most concerned with whether Troy can stay healthy for the entire season. :horror: I think all of the other pieces of the puzzle will fall into place nicely, but if we lose Troy again, it's going to spell big trouble (again). Hopefully, he's as good as new and will get back to kicking our opponents' asses all over that field. :pray:

i agree 100%, i do hope they have a better plan this year incase he gets injured again. last year they had nothing

siss
07-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Im worried about what I might do if Goodell doesn't make Ben's suspension to 4 games...

HometownGal
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Im worried about what I might do if Goodell doesn't make Ben's suspension to 4 games...

I think he will reduce it to 4 games, but even if he's a dickhead about it - I really think we're going to be just fine with Byron. If it were Batch replacing Ben for that long a period of time, I'd have chewed my nails down to the knuckles by now. :horror:

Shea
07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
The only thing I'm worried about, like every year, is injuries.

siss
07-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I think he will reduce it to 4 games, but even if he's a dickhead about it - I really think we're going to be just fine with Byron. If it were Batch replacing Ben for that long a period of time, I'd have chewed my nails down to the knuckles by now. :horror:
If he doesn't reduce the suspension to 4 games you will be hearing about the young mother who showed up at his office in protest!

Shea
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
If he doesn't reduce the suspension to 4 games you will be hearing about the young mother who showed up at his office in protest!

Can I go too?

I'll hold the baby while you are kicking his ass!

HometownGal
07-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Want to borrow my baseball bat? :heh: ;) Probably wouldn't even make a dent in that hard head of his.

I see absolutely no reason why he won't reduce the suspension to 4. With all of the shit that has been going on with other players around the league this past offseason and the slaps on the wrist (or no action taken), he'd be a fool to be a hard ass about it.

siss
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Want to borrow my baseball bat? :heh: ;) Probably wouldn't even make a dent in that hard head of his.

I see absolutely no reason why he won't reduce the suspension to 4. With all of the shit that has been going on with other players around the league this past offseason and the slaps on the wrist (or no action taken), he'd be a fool to be a hard ass about it.
Your welcome to go with me!

And Shea, Perhaps we can take the baby with us and attempt to wrap the Commish around AJ's pinky...

Shea
07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Your welcome to with me!

HTG, or me??

I'm thinking if you and HTG both go to his office, then you will need me along to not only hold the baby but so we can rehearse the 911 call during the flight in case you guys kill him.

It's important, they record those calls!

HometownGal
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
HTG, or me??

I'm thinking if you and HTG both go to his office, then you will need me along to not only hold the baby but so we can rehearse the 911 call during the flight in case you guys kill him.

It's important, they record those calls!

We'd better have a legal shark and bail cash on standby too. :heh:

solardave
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM

Me too. I'm worried about Troy staying healthy.

solardave
07-26-2010, 04:10 PM

I'm picturing Goodell with his ass clear up around his shoulders. Now that would be funny.

Shea
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Exactly.

Perhaps we should take the rest of this conversation to PM's.

People reading this might turn on us and testify for the defense. :nervous:

siss
07-26-2010, 04:16 PM

We will retain Ben's legal cousel...he will appreciate our show of support and want to help us with our legal issues...plus AJ will have charmed him as well!

polamalubeast
07-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Nobody has mentioned, but you're not worried about performance out of Roethlisberger when he goes back to the play?

I saw it worries me particularly bad performance out of Tiger Woods since his return.

And when he will play on the road, its going to be very hard, because the crowd will scream very loudly after Roethlisberger.

Its going to be the biggest challenge of his career Roethlisberger and he will have more pressure than it had during its games in the super bowl.

siss
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Nobody has mentioned, but you're not worried about performance out of Roethlisberger when he goes back to the play?

I saw it worries me particularly bad performance out of Tiger Woods since his return.

And when he will play on the road, its going to be very hard, because the crowd will scream very loudly after Roethlisberger.

Its going to be the biggest challenge of his career Roethlisberger and he will have more pressure than it had during its games in the super bowl.

It's going to be the return of the Prodigal when he gets back! Not worried in the least.

steeldevil
07-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Troys health has to be the number one concern... It would be awful to lose him again. Second to that would be the Oline, in the first 4 weeks especially. If they perform poorly in that stretch our offense could resemble a donkey's backside...

stlrtruck
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
The O-line. They were suspect as best last year, and with players being injured it makes it more difficult to get the system down with rookies or free agents stepping in.

JayC
07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
i'm worried about the first 4 games QB situation and most definately the o-line as usual. i can't remember the last time i was confident with them, not even during the last super bowl run. also, i should add bruce arians to this list. his play calling worries me and if he doesn't change i hear the fire bruce threads and chat starting within a week or two of the season.

SteelerSal
07-28-2010, 07:40 AM
I picked Ben.

I'm more worried about how Ben responds when he returns than I am with the teams play while he is away.