PDA

View Full Version : Redskins play to watch: Pistol Power Read Option

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Week-by-week, Robert Griffin III has grown as much as Washington offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan’s option offensive scheme — by leaps and bounds.

Shanahan had only the traditional read-option during Week 1. He followed that by adding the speed option and three consecutive weeks of different personnel groupings from “King” and “Queen” formations to the triple-option with Brandon Banks two weeks ago.

Last week against the Giants, the Redskins unveiled a new wrinkle — the Pistol Power Read-Option.
It’s an option play that is run from the Pistol formation but provides the capability to run power plays with fullback Darrel Young and tight end Niles Paul as lead blockers for tailback Alfred Morris.

And, of course, it gives Griffin III the ability to get to the edge and make plays with his legs.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2842429-85/griffin-option-ball-morris-linebacker-run-week-yard-pistol-power#ixzz2AbGQIMTI

Moose
10-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh yea, no doubt there are going to be some 'trick' play's in this game. They are going to have RG doing anything he can to open up field and have our defense guessing whether it's run or pass play. I'm sure the defense is going to see alot of looks they won't recognize. I hope Coach LeBeau has some tricks up his sleeve to give young RG look's he doesn't recognize also. GO Steeler's