PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Miller flexing his offensive muscle

stillers4me
10-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t get a Pro Bowl vote. If he did, the first name on his ballot would be Heath Miller.

Miller receives only a fraction of the attention of tight ends such as Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, who catch passes at a wide receiver-like rate. Roethlisberger argues no tight end does as many things as well as Miller, especially blocking.

“He’s always been a comfort zone and blanket. He is a great player, great teammate, maybe the best I’ve ever had,” he said of Miller, who has a team-high five TD catches.

With 36 career TDs, Miller is one off Elbie Nickel’s team record by a tight end. “Fortunately I have been with a good quarterback all these years,” he said.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2838833-85/miller-harrison-steelers-catch-flexing-roethlisberger-tight-attention-defensive-doesn#ixzz2AbEvXcLg

GBMelBlount
10-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I remember at the beginning of the season there was a thread about who was going to have a break out year for the steelers...

I hadn't even thought about it until someone stated "Heath Miller." Perhaps because he is so quiet in getting the job done.

It makes perfect sense though sense. With Ben & Haley hitting shorter routes and three lightning fast wide receivers it really opens things up for Heath underneath.

He is a great story.

A big hats off to Heath Miller!

Seven
10-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Coach Haley absolutely loves tight ends. Miller has always had the skill, but now he is finally getting consistent opportunities to showcase his receiving ability in this scheme.

Moose
10-28-2012, 09:47 AM
I love the hell out of Heath Miller. He's an awesome man, and even a better player. I met Heath at game ( actually in the elevator at the hotel ) and he's so quiet and polite. He didn't even put on of being a professional football player. Just down to earth type of guy. I wear a Lambert jersey on game days, my daughter is a gigantic Ward's fan and has his jersey she wears. Since Ward has retired she now is looking to get a Miller jersey. I hope he has an unbelievable year and surpasses every and any record that he can. He definitely is a great model to represent a Steeler player. I, like Ben, would vote for this man as President ! LOL Good luck Heath (Earl) !

Shoes
10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I remember Haley saying in camp he had plans for Miller. Wonderful person and player!

zulater
11-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I remember Haley saying in camp he had plans for Miller. Wonderful person and player!

I was just watching the Bengla game again. And something I didn't notice at the time was that on the two point conversion Heath lined up on the play as a wide receiver. I hope they keep doing that, because that's an almost impossible play for the defense to cover with man coverage. You watch that play and the Bengals corner did nothing wrong, it was just that Ben and Heath had perfect execution. With Miller's height, reach, and hands, and Ben's ability to loft into the right spot they'll score on that play pretty damn frequently.

tube517
11-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Earl!

slippy
11-01-2012, 09:13 AM
this should have happened years ago.

86WARD
11-01-2012, 10:09 AM
this should have happened years ago.

This!!

Pristas
11-01-2012, 10:44 AM